Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

One more example of how badly this game was designed and how little EA cares about what the customers want. you don't win most hated company multiple years in a row with good customer service.

actually it's good design. hunterweapon.com remember that?

do you really want to share drops with operatives? you share drops with mercenaries now, nothing would change that isn't purely cosmetic.

only vanguards and commandos have it good.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like them to go with the 3rd advanced class suggestion: give each and every class a third, new AC option that fills whichever role is unfilled by the current two ACs, and give that third AC a new weapon. For bounty hunters (and troopers), this would be a "pure-damage" AC, with no heal or tank tree (like gunslingers/snipers or sentinels/marauders currently), with a proficiency for blaster rifles. I'd give the trooper equivalent access to sniper rifles, so you can have your sniper duo with aric jorgan and have a republic class with access to sniper rifles.

• 2 weeks later...

The Power Tec need no blaster rifle, as they don't use the pistol they have. Majority of the PT's abilities are used by the suit, not the mainhand. IMO, Suit > Rifle. I cannot be the only one who has noticed this; am I right?

I'd like them to go with the 3rd advanced class suggestion: give each and every class a third, new AC option that fills whichever role is unfilled by the current two ACs, and give that third AC a new weapon. For bounty hunters (and troopers), this would be a "pure-damage" AC, with no heal or tank tree (like gunslingers/snipers or sentinels/marauders currently), with a proficiency for blaster rifles. I'd give the trooper equivalent access to sniper rifles, so you can have your sniper duo with aric jorgan and have a republic class with access to sniper rifles.

This is great idea, may bring in more subs too. On the flipside, however, a problem is the lore behind a healing Jedi Knight. That being said, I would love to have an agent that could tank. Who knows, perhaps they could introduce new lore from the Zakuul story?

Edited by xMaranathax

This is great idea, may bring in more subs too. On the flipside, however, a problem is the lore behind a healing Jedi Knight. That being said, I would love to have an agent that could tank. Who knows, perhaps they could introduce new lore from the Zakuul story?

Dont see why a knight coudlnt heal, I'd probably give them some kind of auras/battle meditation (bastila shan, anyone?) that bolsters allies and heals them when in range of the knight.

See, now to me a Bounty Hunters, they should be a Weapons Master. They should be able to handle any FIRE ARMS there is in the game. Also any and all explosive and other types of devices as well.

I think as a Bounty Hunter, that the PT BH Class should be Called TMoW "The Master of Weapons" Class.....

And of course change the PT class to that.

Now my Idea for this, isn't to change all the thing that makes a PT BH a PT BH. It is just more of a way to allow the PT Class to use all Fire arms as well keep what makes the Class PT in the first place.

This just makes sense. What makes a Bounty Hunter just learn one skill set, in this case Power Tech. A BH would want to be a Master of all Weapons, one would think? That way he/she could have the Prowess to use what ever they need for what ever the occasion calls for. That would set them so much higher from their competitors, making the, the Bounty Hunter to get the job done.

Just a idea........

• 1 year later...
Personally I think they should just go the Guild Wars route. Have each class get their own move-sets for their allotted array of usable weapons rather than simply split down the middle by faction. Bounty hunters should be able to use feasible bounty hunter weapons, but the movesets for said weapons would differ GREATLY from the same weapon weilded by a different class. This would both solve the frustration of limited customization and prevent imbalances in PvP roles. Edited by AndarusMathayus

Personally I think they should just go the Guild Wars route. Have each class get their own move-sets for their allotted array of usable weapons rather than simply split down the middle by faction. Bounty hunters should be able to use feasible bounty hunter weapons, but the movesets for said weapons would differ GREATLY from the same weapon weilded by a different class. This would both solve the frustration of limited customization and prevent imbalances in PvP roles.

You have to create that from the outset. If you don't it's a herculean task of completely redo everything.