I never asked to come to this terrible rep side WZ server...

ElCidCampeon

:( I'm not going to be able to finish the weekly PvP. I've had it since Tuesday and have been in a total of 5 winning games. PvP'd nonstop all week and only FIVE. 5. CINCO, V, 00000101, GAMES won!?!?!

That's really bad. You need to find the players in your warzones that are doing a decent job and whisper them. Make some friends and try forming some premades. Focus on getting the names of a few good healers over there. Usually the pub teams that are decent have good heals.

:( I'm not going to be able to finish the weekly PvP. I've had it since Tuesday and have been in a total of 5 winning games. PvP'd nonstop all week and only FIVE. 5. CINCO, V, 00000101, GAMES won!?!?!

I finished my weekly on Thursday and i only solo queue, guess i got Lucky with the teammates I got.

I dont know how many times i have walked right by an imp took his node, then wiped the ground with his blood. The baddies are on both sides. Its more about situational awareness. Dont get me wrong there have been times i have been caught unawares, and lost a node, but that is few and far between. People like me that are geared neeed to be patient with the undergeared. On the same token the undergeared need to get as much gear as they can to survive. What you dont have in gear you make up for with awareness. I am typically not one to rage on a team for losing but if i see some one trolling i will tear into them. As far as your losing streak, hit me up ill group with you. I get my weekly done in about a day.

imps, please all do this.

reps: don't you dare listen to this.

I love when the other team leaves mid alone completely. Free node and the excess guys at mid can now reinforce the side that needs them. Lot of competitive games r decided by who got the first node.

It works both ways.

Case in point: Yesterday I lost 5 games in a row on my juggernaut (finished the daily and played 1 more ot see if the streak would get broken - no dice).

Then I hopped on my vanguard and my new 50 shadow later.

Vanguard - same story, 4 games, no wins, just to knock off the daily.

Shadow - since she is a new 50, I played 6 games in total. Not. One. Win.

I don't believe in luck normally, but I am hoping I just had a really bad day, or otherwise I might start thinking someone upstairs is really mad at me. I will admit I probably could have played better on either of the 3 toons, but still...where do you draw the line?

Moral of the story? Bad teams can happen on both sides. And never ignore the possiblity that you were complicit in the losses as well (either in a small amount or a large amount).

It's 1:1 on both sides, you win some, you lose some, I usually have good win streaks, maybe it's either the time I'm playing or just a "luck" thing. There are very good players on both sides.

This. I mostly solo queues as I too am guildless. Like the OP, I came from Fatman and after a few months off decided to roll back in here to get my cartel coins and see if I could find the game interesting again.

Some nights are awful, some nights I win as much as I lose pugging, which is fine by me. I'm content if I am going .500 while pugging solo.

I love when the other team leaves mid alone completely. Free node and the excess guys at mid can now reinforce the side that needs them. Lot of competitive games r decided by who got the first node.

It never works that way. In the sub-50 bracket last Sunday I actually kept track of my wins and losses. I ran 11 random pug WZs. I won 4 and lost 7. Of those four wins, three were in ACW, and one was in Novare Coast. The seven losses were a mix of all the rest.

You want to know what the common theme was in the four wins? We ignored mid and capped the sides. Then we just played defense and called incs. I don't know what my exact winning percentage is in all of the WZs I've run, but using this strategy I know it has to be pretty high.

Now, the caveat here is that I just dinged 50 and haven't played in this bracket yet, so I have no clue if this strategy works up here. But sub-50 imps have a hard time with it because they have a zerg mentality.

It never works that way. In the sub-50 bracket last Sunday I actually kept track of my wins and losses. I ran 11 random pug WZs. I won 4 and lost 7. Of those four wins, three were in ACW, and one was in Novare Coast. The seven losses were a mix of all the rest.

You want to know what the common theme was in the four wins? We ignored mid and capped the sides. Then we just played defense and called incs. I don't know what my exact winning percentage is in all of the WZs I've run, but using this strategy I know it has to be pretty high.

Now, the caveat here is that I just dinged 50 and haven't played in this bracket yet, so I have no clue if this strategy works up here. But sub-50 imps have a hard time with it because they have a zerg mentality.

It is reasonable against pugs, especially in lowbies, but if they are remotely competent they will trans the capper and send an intercepter then roll over from mid and its a free loss.

Edited by InvalidID

Any strat has the potential to work based on the quality of the opposing team and their strat.

A good example would be a friend of mine. His idea was to have all 8 ppl in void star go to one side and chain cap. The thought process was, 8 guys capping, most aoe hits 5 targets....thus making it hard to stop all 8. This worked a few times against uncoordinated pugs. Then they happened to face a 4 man I was in. We dropped 4 orbital strikes on them as they continued to chain cap. Never seen 8 ppl die so quickly in a wz, and he never tried it again.

Honestly, I've been playing again for a few days now and I certainly see it.

Yes, there are bad players on both sides, but there are just so significantly fewer good ones on the Republic side. I have characters on both sides, and moreover I had characters on both the Fatman and Pot5 when they were their own servers, so I know who's who - at least to some significant degree. The Imperial side just has *far* more of what you'd call high end players. I mean, they still have folks playing from the Pkers and Old Republic War, which may be the two best SWtOR PvP guilds ever anywhere. Of all of the good players I remember from either server, I've only really seen O'Reilly still playing for the Republic. That doesn't mean others I may recognize aren't there, or that there are no good players I haven't "noticed" yet, but by and large it looks pretty grim.

Ultimately, the Republic seems to win when they're lucky enough to get one of the few groups of below average Imperial players on the other side of the map. It's really disappointing. I COULD go and play my imperial characters and win fairly consistently, but I'd much rather play Republic.