[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any shot of seeing some Wakajinn spec vs Marauders? Or barring that, any advice for fighting the uber bleed spec that's out there?

thanks

done with finals tomorrow, will go back home (good internet) on wednesday. As previously stated I plan to make videos over break so yes new content such as marauder (among other classes) dueling vids will probably be worked on and released in the very near future.

I will explain how to fight annihilation spec in said video.

So... I need help with my darkness tanky build, and I' hoping someone here cna help me (since it's the go to place, it seems, for awesome, experience-based build discussion.

In your (Wakalord) OP you say that full 31-point darkness is an under-rated spec and can be effective. I really WANT that to be true, because I love it. I lvoe teh cocnept, the aesthetic,s the playstyle, everything. But It doesn't seem to work out when I try it the past several days.

Or, more accurately, it doesn't seem veyr good compared to the style of darkness hybred you (and everyone else these days) suggested as a good beginners' build.

I've actually experimented over the last few days (go go Christmas vacation!) with going full darkness, and going darkness hybrid, just with dark ward and varying degrees of tank gear. Changing my DPS gear for Tank gear makes a big difference in my survival bu the extra 8 points in Darkness don't. It feels like I'm giving up a LOT (Claws of Decay, Death field, Instant Whirlwind) in exchange for not that much. Whither does way less damage than Death Field, and has less range. It has nice utility but it's only real reson-d'etre is to set up Harnessed Darkness. HD is kewl, and I love it; the animation is sexy, the damage is _theoretically_ high, and i get to shoot lightning out of my hands! But as you yourself noted when discussing the idea of a 27/x/x hybred it's very hard to get full use out of a 3-second rooted channel with 10m range in PvP. In fact, I'd say the biggest advantage of taking 31 darkness so far is having the points to take all 3 levels of duplicity (mmmm... maul damage) :p

The bottom line is that I'm trying to find a good reason to play full darkness, and the OP gave me hope that it would be possible, but given how much damage and utility it costs me and how vanishingly LITTLE survivability it adds, it's not clear that that's true.

So... my question, after all that long diatribe is... how the hell do you make darkness good in PvP?

TLDR: Why do I suck at darkness?

Edited by Valentyna

So... my question, after all that long diatribe is... how the hell do you make darkness good in PvP?

full darkness can be good for tanking in the middle of big fights. I.e. when you're not node guarding. Wither's damage debuff and slow are very useful in those situations and Harnessed Darkness does enough damage to make you a threat. It is also a very good dueling spec against certain classes (the only person I can not more or less slaughter in duels consistently is a fellow guildies' full darkness assassin).

but if you're node guarding I still think 23/1/17 is better and if you're dps in wzs I still prefer Wakajinn.

Edited by EatenByDistance

Maybe that IS what I'm doing wrong then. Intuitively it seems natural that the 'full tank' spec should be the obvious choice to hold a capture point against overwhelming odds long enough for help to arrive, but obvious isn't always the same as true. I'll try spending more time with big group and see how it goes.

full darkness can be good for tanking in the middle of big fights. I.e. when you're not node guarding. Wither's damage debuff and slow are very useful in those situations and Harnessed Darkness does enough damage to make you a threat. It is also a very good dueling spec against certain classes (the only person I can not more or less slaughter in duels consistently is a fellow guildies' full darkness assassin).

but if you're node guarding I still think 23/1/17 is better and if you're dps in wzs I still prefer Wakajinn.

I don't spend much time in darkness builds. Perhaps you can clear this up for me. Do the damage reductions of AoE taunt and wither stack?

Edited by Cowflab

I don't spend much time in darkness builds. Perhaps you can clear this up for me. Do the damage reductions of AoE taunt and wither stack?

Yes as they are two seperate effects, the damage reduction from an AoE taunt does not stack with other taunts

With the new EWH relics out, has anyone tested them much? Basically, what two dps relics work best together and, based upon the tool tips, do they even work together at all?

just take the upgrades versions. I.e. if you have two boundless ages power relics (which you should if you're dps) you get two elite war hero boundless ages relics. It is a flat stat increase so no reason not to.

I'll update armory soon to keep up to date with changes.

http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/b/352878970#

marauder dueling guide uploaded!

dunno why there is static in background I will try to fix for future videos. It isn't loud enough to really cause a lot of problems though so I hope you enjoy regardless.

more updates and stuff to follow

Edited by EatenByDistance

just take the upgrades versions. I.e. if you have two boundless ages power relics (which you should if you're dps) you get two elite war hero boundless ages relics. It is a flat stat increase so no reason not to.

I'll update armory soon to keep up to date with changes.

The problem I am having is with the procs. I just got all my battle master gear a week or so before 1.6 came out (I just started playing) and they are static relics (no proc/trigger). The tooltip on the EWH relics says they do not stack with "similar damage procs" (or something to that effect). Can I use two different procs (internal and elemental, for instance), or do you get the proc off of the first one and the second is completely wasted stats? If they are wasted, I would assume I should go with a healing or defense one just to get some use out of it?

The problem I am having is with the procs. I just got all my battle master gear a week or so before 1.6 came out (I just started playing) and they are static relics (no proc/trigger). The tooltip on the EWH relics says they do not stack with "similar damage procs" (or something to that effect). Can I use two different procs (internal and elemental, for instance), or do you get the proc off of the first one and the second is completely wasted stats? If they are wasted, I would assume I should go with a healing or defense one just to get some use out of it?

don't use dps proc relics in pvp they are completely outclassed by the pure power ones. use 2 boundless ages relics for dps.

Bit of a report back; I tried it your way and things did seem to go much better. The cynic in me can't help thinking that staying with the group and not running off half-arsed trying to be a hero is generally good advice for any build, so it might just be that (:p) but I certainly do feel far more useful than I did as a solo node guard or what-not and as long as I'm having fun... I suppose mission accomplished, right?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Valentyna

don't use dps proc relics in pvp they are completely outclassed by the pure power ones. use 2 boundless ages relics for dps.

Thanks. I will have to check when I get off work, but I don't remember seeing the static bonus ones. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place.