The Expansion is a Good Idea

mustardcheese

I, for one, believe that SWTOR's new expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, is a great idea.

People have been waiting for a long time to continue the story in of SWTOR, and now we'll finally be able to again. As long as Makeb isn't just a reskin with a few changes, I can say that I'm looking forward to adventuring again. And while it's not a full-blown expansion that we've come to expect from games like WoW, it's significantly less then those. Instead of paying the price of the game to play an almost essential part of the game on top of the price of the game, this is only $10, $20 max. That's cheap, when it comes to games.

That being said, I am concerned about how the raising of the level cap is going to work. What will they do with all of the max level PvP and PvE gear? Will it be moved up to 55? Will they introduce new, more powerful sets for the new max level? What will happen to all of our expensive max level cosmetic crystals? Will we have to rebuy them if we want to be fully geared?

Overall, I'm excited. But cautiously excited. I want this game to do well. Hopefully, this won't be another reason for more hate.

Edited by mustardcheese

i, for one, believe that swtor's new expansion, rise of the hutt cartel, is a great idea.

People have been waiting for a long time to continue their personal stories in the star wars universe, and now we'll finally be able to again. As long as makeb isn't just a reskin with a few changes, i can say that i'm looking forward to adventuring again. And while it's not a full-blown expansion that we've come to expect from games like wow, it's significantly less then those. Instead of paying the price of the game to play an almost essential part of the game on top of the price of the game, this is only $10, $20 max. That's cheap, when it comes to games.

That being said, i am concerned about how the raising of the level cap is going to work. What will they do with all of the max level pvp and pve gear? Will it be moved up to 55? Will they introduce new, more powerful sets for the new max level? What will happen to all of our expensive max level cosmetic crystals? Will we have to rebuy them if we want to be fully geared?

Overall, i'm excited. But cautiously excited. I want this game to do well. Hopefully, this won't be another reason for more hate.

wrong:

hi everyone - i asked jeff hickman for some clarification for you on whether makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"the intent for rise of the hutt cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the empire vs. The republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though i know you guys are going to love what rothc has to offer."

we hope this helps clarify!

I, for one, believe that SWTOR's new expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, is a great idea.

People have been waiting for a long time to continue their personal stories in the Star Wars Universe, and now we'll finally be able to again.

Personal stories in this case having the bizarre definition of "The same story that every other player in my faction experiences" ?

My mistake. Didn't mean to jump to conclusions. Don't see why that's such an important thing, however.

Because class stories are the only thing that make this game unique and interesting? I would say that's pretty damn important. If Makeb is anything like the other planet storylines...then it has already failed in my book.

I am, but I realise that the game I've enjoyed has gone a different (more profit driven) direction.

Tell me you didn't see this coming?

Let's not get naive and think for a second that everything isn't profit driven. Every company, even bioware, has to make a profit. If we want to see this game exist, profit has to be made. You know this. Everyone knows this. Then of course, everyone has a doctorate in economics and knows how the MMO genre has to be done to THEIR liking. I'm not saying we can't criticize certain aspects of the game, that's how improvements are made, but be realistic.