Merc Healing LI HM-- QQ banned

Any other tips for Dr. Lorrick, or is it still just stack up near the entrance door for the burning rakghouls phase and interrupt ravage?

Main thing is that your tank knows what he's doing. You don't technically need him at the door for phase 2, but it's just a good time to move over there and take turns knocking back adds who get too close.

Keep an eye out for the poison stacks from the AOEs in phase 1. Even if everyone successfully moves out, they can pick up stacks just by running through the residue; one time I wasn't paying enough attention and one of my DPSers managed to pick up 11 stacks :p Wasn't until I glanced at the chat log and noticed him screaming at me to cleanse that I realised.

Doesn't help that OP frames are awful for displaying debuffs.

Edited by Aurojiin

LR-5's enrage is time-based, not percentage based. I never see it, ergo my perception that healing LR-5 is such a joke compared to Sav-Rak.

I know his enrage is time based. All enrages in this game are time based. That is why I prefaced it with "soft." Several bosses have a soft enrage:

Toth & Zorn (when one or the other dies)

Firebrand & Firecaller (a set time after one or the other dies)

Bonethrasher (if / when he eats one of the spawned adds)

During these periods, the boss isn't "enraged" (read: Hard Enrage due to time), but instead enters a period where mechanics change in some way.

In LR's particular fight, the group damage is increased significantly because he uses his mechanics much more frequently and the expanding blue fields of doom expand nearly instantly instead of over time. I am unsure about what other mechanics are different for him, but that much I know for sure.

I know his enrage is time based. All enrages in this game are time based. That is why I prefaced it with "soft." Several bosses have a soft enrage:

You still misunderstand. LR-5's "soft" enrage is time based. If you kill him before 3 minutes, you will never have to deal with his plasma coils landing fully expanded. It has nothing to do with his health percentage.

You still misunderstand. LR-5's "soft" enrage is time based. If you kill him before 3 minutes, you will never have to deal with his plasma coils landing fully expanded. It has nothing to do with his health percentage.

I thought you had 4 minutes, but either way Systems Overload is absolutely time based. I've seen it hit around 25% before when the group was doing very poorly.

So, was supposed to run LI last night. However, glorious server that I play on, everyone was either busy with Denova or too poorly geared to run LI. As well, I absolutely refuse to run the other HM's again (already gotten all columi gear for Blizz, a healer's best friend).

Anyways, to speak for a moment about the increased difficulty of the 1.2 content as opposed to the launch content, I love it. From proper CC usage to tight enrage timers to the absolute insanity of some of the encounters (tell me you kept calm and collected the first time running LR-5 or Col. Vorgath). I hope this trend continues as the main reason I even jumped over to this game from WoW was that it's difficulty kept being eroded by the casuals.

Doesn't help that OP frames are awful for displaying debuffs.

Thank you! Someone else feels my pain. I miss decursive.

The first time we cleared this instance we had a Commando healer, and he had many of the same problems you've described, especially on the second boss. If you can ever get the group, one thing that helps is bringing in a Commando or Sage as a DPS, because they can off-heal themselves during the pipe phase and potentially save you 2-3 heals. On the other bosses he didn't have nearly as many problems, especially after we'd run it a few times and learned better strats for em.

And I have to agree with the 1.2 content. We were working on HM EC when D3 came out, and after downing the first boss a few times we haven't got another try because my server is too dead. Can't wait for server transfers so I can actually start doing end-game content again instead of continuing to work on my fourth 50.

I normally save up supercharge and release it when everyone hits the consoles. That should be able to get pretty much everyone alive with rapid scan, healing scane, rapid scan.... Once he comes down rapid shot to build up supercharge and as much as you can kolto bomb when stacking under his legs Edited by Maskadokiller

I normally save up supercharge and release it when everyone hits the consoles. That should be able to get pretty much everyone alive with rapid scan, healing scane, rapid scan.... Once he comes down rapid shot to build up supercharge and as much as you can kolto bomb when stacking under his legs

This is pretty much verbatim what I said. I'm glad someone else makes this happen.

I'd bet my bottom dollar this person finds the encounter extremely easy as well - from a healing perspective.

This is pretty much verbatim what I said. I'm glad someone else makes this happen.

I'd bet my bottom dollar this person finds the encounter extremely easy as well - from a healing perspective.

Pretty easy although my strategy is slightly different than yours . My group doesnt immediately stack up after Sav jumps back down because of his flying DOT that gets spread out to other people. Rather, we wait maybe a few seconds( 5 I think) before we stack up again.

Other than that, its a pretty easy fight and the first droid boss has always been harder for me of the 3 boss encounters due to having some of the interrupts mistimed.

Just remember to make sure your heat level is very stable before you hit the second phase and save SCG particularly for that phase. It makes it much easier

I had troubles with this fight when I was in my T2/T3 gear.

Now that I am in full T3 we really hardly wipe on Sav.

Reading the thread I noticed a few mechanics that everyone seems to watch for but my party does not avoid.

Our party make-up was usually a sin tank (in his offtank specs), a hybrid sorc (Pretty much a non cast pvp spec) and the last dps is usually another merc or a mara.

We usually stack relatively close together so I can bust out my SCG and put out that shield for the pipes. Sav always picks a target to fling crap at, so I usually make sure everyone is at least 50% and just work on who is taking dmg. . Communication is really the key here; I will let them know if I'm running high on heat, and they can pop a defensive cooldown.

In the dps phase I didn't have a lot of issues healing through the debuffs of the rot, I have noticed that even if i'm a nice distance (say 5-10m) I still get the rot transferred to me. We never had an issue where the rot was key, so my party pretty much just believed I could heal through it. (This was our decision, we like to check out various mechanics and see which ones we can easily not worry about. )

When we have to stack for him jump, (this was when we still had mostly columi gear) we would have the tank stack a tiny bit further from the dps, that way right out of the jump we are not in his range of the aoe and I can pop another aoe heal without anyone running off. Now that we have T3/T4 gear, the party gets lazy and makes me heal through the whole thing. :D

I'm in no way a pro healer, and I've spend hours honing how to heal this with my group make-up and their playstyles to heal accordingly. I learned the other day that if you are having a hard time managing heat, after you hit the SCG, manually cancel that buff so you can use the RS to build up around 30 charge to vent 8 more heat. The non cd is heal is pretty awesome, but its useless if you don't have the heat for it. Odds are we would just rapid shot until we can have more heat, so why not just let it build something up instead of wasting 13ish secs for it to be over?

My party is really on top of getting to their prospective pipes when Sav jumps up. If Sav rock hops from the sorc's pillar to another he will stop and heal himself up.

^Before we figured out the mechanics properly, I've had to heal through a lot of the sorc running around trying to get to the pillar and burn him down.

Final boss makes me feel like he needs save points, but not as bad as the final boss frrom Denova.

The last dps phase, we have the tank on the wall, and the dps right behind the boss. if the dps pull threat, he just runs to us.. the knockback doesnt affect my aoe heals too much and the dps ( hybrid sorc/mara) doesn't have too hard of a time making their way back.

I would have to say that for beating the final boss we were all in mostly rakata pieces. Our tank also does a run around the staircase to avoid his satchel charges so the first part is really easy on the healing if we stay out of the rakghoul virus and just cleanse when the stack gets too big.

Edited by Yopoko