Stike Fighter Hacks

Caomhin

Myself and a few guildies who have played GSF since its introduction, and range from intermediate to expert skill, have noted some odd anomalies over the past two weeks with players being able to fire both laser weapons on strike fighters at the same time and ignoring the 0.6 sec swap time. Some of the guys in my guild are coders and programmers who have noted this. Conventionally, if people were utilizing mouse macroing, it should still stagger the shots between the primary and secondary laser weapons due to the 0.6 secs. But this evening I've seen it brazenly being used as one individual had two different colour lasers (Green Heavy Laser and Purple Rapid Fire) firing simultaneously without any stagger and topping the boards with kills. I thought I was seeing things but followed the player for about thirty seconds during a dogfight while he killed two other players in front of him in less than two seconds each target. The disappointing thing is the conduct is increasing on the Darth Malgus server. Bioware need to up their game like other MMO companies and create a decent, none cheating programme, that scans the integrity of game files prior to launching the game. The only way this could have been achieved was by changing the game code and overriding the 0.6 weapon swap timer and mouse macroing both weapon groups to stagger. It's a subtle change, but dirty play in competative matches which rely on half the maps being about the first team to 50 kills. :mad: Edited by Caomhin

How on earth is this still a secret for some people, we've literally been spamming it to you guys for almost 2 years now!!!

Dude just go read this: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944782

Each laser has it's own firing cooldown, just like Railguns on a Gunship or Missiles on a Quell/Pike so when you swap lasers it's immediately ready to fire, in essence everytime you swap you're firing both lasers at the same time. So if you simply hold down Left Click to fire and spam "1" to swap lasers as fast as possible you can fire both lasers at the same time. This isn't a coding trick, you can easily test this with your friends as well, simply fire up a Custom GSF match and go shoot at each other.

You are likely referring to "piledriving", using the weapon swap to make use of one primary weapon while the other is on cooldown.

Audson listed this here in Feb 2018:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944782

The piledriver doesn't actually allow you to fire both weapons at once: it does allow very narrow spacing between the primary weapons, whenever the weapon swap cooldown is expired. I don't know if that's what you think you are talking about with the 0.6 second delay, or if you are aware of piledriving and think you are seeing something else.

You very likely are not- you are probably just seeing piledriving happen normally.

You seem to have been confused on this topic before (March 2019):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962055

And this exact thing was discussed at that time as well.

Conventionally, if people were utilizing mouse macroing, it should still stagger the shots between the primary and secondary laser weapons due to the 0.6 secs

Not really. There's two types of piledriving.

Heavies and Quads begins like this:

Heavy, swap, Quad (this looks like the heavy and the quad are simultaneous)

At this point, "heavy" is on cooldown, "swap" is on cooldown, and "quad" is on cooldown. The pilot now waits for the second quad, at which point, he swaps back to heavies.

Quad, swap, Heavy (this again looks like the heavy and the quad are simultaneous)

At this point, the pilot begins spamming weapon swap as fast as he can. Weapon swap has a shorter than 0.6 second cooldown- I think it's 0.3 seconds- and after seeing the H+Q then the Q, then Q+H, the pilot will end up waiting until the weapon swap is ready again, at which point he will swap and immediately fire the quad (at this point, the quad has been off cooldown for a very small amount of time), and the heavy will go off cooldown while he is waiting for the weapon swap to come off cooldown. This part will normally not look like the lasers are simultaneous, as they won't be as close to each other at at the beginning, when all three things were off cooldown (the heavy laser was off cooldown, the quad laser was off cooldown, and the weapon swap itself was off cooldown).

Anyway, I think this is what you are confused about now, as before. Please watch the guide and enjoy piledriving!

Edited by Verain

• 3 weeks later...
Myself and a few guildies who have played GSF since its introduction, and range from intermediate to expert skill, have noted some odd anomalies over the past two weeks with players being able to fire both laser weapons on strike fighters at the same time and ignoring the 0.6 sec swap time. Some of the guys in my guild are coders and programmers who have noted this. Conventionally, if people were utilizing mouse macroing, it should still stagger the shots between the primary and secondary laser weapons due to the 0.6 secs. But this evening I've seen it brazenly being used as one individual had two different colour lasers (Green Heavy Laser and Purple Rapid Fire) firing simultaneously without any stagger and topping the boards with kills. I thought I was seeing things but followed the player for about thirty seconds during a dogfight while he killed two other players in front of him in less than two seconds each target. The disappointing thing is the conduct is increasing on the Darth Malgus server. Bioware need to up their game like other MMO companies and create a decent, none cheating programme, that scans the integrity of game files prior to launching the game. The only way this could have been achieved was by changing the game code and overriding the 0.6 weapon swap timer and mouse macroing both weapon groups to stagger. It's a subtle change, but dirty play in competative matches which rely on half the maps being about the first team to 50 kills. :mad:

It's happening on Satele Shan now. The Strike seems to only get off two primary shots for an insta kill. Probably something the dev staff should look at when they come back from their halloween/thanksgiving/christmas/new years break in May 2020.

It's happening on Satele Shan now.

It started on Satele Shan. The video that we linked you to, where it was explained and stuff, was by Audson, on Satele Shan.

The Strike seems to only get off two primary shots for an insta kill.

Do two shots instantly kill you? If you are low enough that two shots will kill you instantly, then the strike that shoots two shots in a small window will kill you. Otherwise you would have had to wait a half a second for the second shot, to kill you. You would die in half a second, or perhaps less, if you are two shots from death.

This is like, how the math works.

Probably something the dev staff should look at when they come back from their halloween/thanksgiving/christmas/new years break in May 2020.

So, you're of the opinion that piledriving is unbalanced? Or are you actually of the opinion that piledrivers kill in two shots? The first is a reasonable opinion to have (as is almost any balance opinion), the second is based on a false premise, and therefore unreasonable.

Do you understand what piledriving is? Have you tried it? Read about it?

Do you understand what piledriving is? Have you tried it? Read about it?

I *think* HuaRya was implying there was a hack unrelated to piledriving.

Legitimately, I could imagine a scenario with DO, a critical hit Quad, perhaps enhanced with the Concentrated Fire copilot ability, where maybe a strike could go down in two hits. Maybe combat command would be necessary as an area effect, maybe not... it is an area buff right? Anyway, I usually don’t like the crit choices for Quads and prefer to have ‘spanner as my active, but to each their own. Perhaps I’m wrong and it’s not mathematically possible.

Regardless, can’t RedFantom’s GSF parser answer this question? Doesn’t it tell you exactly what shot killed you? Granted, you have to figure out the ship IDs, but shouldn’t an accusation of hacking be accompanied by evidence of some sort? Because I played a couple of matches on SS the day HuyRya made that post, and I did some piledriving myself in a Battle over Iokath match, and didn’t see any hacking.

id have to see video, this sounds to me like a piledriver build which as mentioned above is not a hack but a legit build, possibly paired with a DO. Id run it myself if i could get the rythm down but for now im stick with my tier 3 slicer.

regaredless its highly unlikely its a hack. Ive seen some pilots i fly with on SF pick up a DO on a piledriver and proceed to chainkill 4 to 5 players within seconds.