SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded *rolleyes*

I'd like no kill option for Theron please, he is quite a remarkable character and personally i want him to stay relevant.

However, one must be careful in these forums when talking about killing a character, otherwise people grab the pitchforks and hate at you by accusing you of hating, paradoxically. Even when a thread is not specific of the mentioned character.

Ditto on Theron. Leave my spy boy alone !!

I am looking forward to the roadmap - hopefully filled with lots of goodies.

I am looking forward to seeing how Theron's storyline plays out (it better be realllyyy good with the best reunion ever -- with brand new cute romance animations -- no more cookie cutter kiss scene -- after all this heartache)

would be nice if you guys did a cantina in a city like Memphis or New Orleans or Jackson or Nashville or any place within a driving range and decent lodging. Ive been a star wars geek/nerd for long enough that i would like an opportunity to make that 100% official. :)

have a good one and look forward to that roadmap.

Quoted for MEMPHIS! :D

As far as the "update"...I like others was hoping for more, but you didn't say "soon" so I guess I'll let you slide. ;)

Looking forward to the stream!

P.S. do what you like with Theron.... I always romance Lana anyway. :D

Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

So... what we get today is a roadmap for a roadmap. :confused:

Gutsy Post.. and should carry the rant festing well through the weekend on the forum.

Sigh..... I know this may sound a bit blunt and pointed... but It needs to be said:

So... It's NOT actually a quarterly update to the RoadMap that you are conducting then. IF... IF you make your new commit.. that would be a tri-annual roadmap update... which is fine IF that is what you promised. But you promised multiple times to do a roadmap update quarterly.

Seriously.. of all things you really should deliver on time, or a little early even ... a revised roadmap should be at the top of the list for you.

What this tells me is that you really do not even have internal roadmaps you are working to.. because if you did.. you would select from that internal roadmap the bullet points you wish to disclose to the players in your quarterly Roadmap update.

Personally, I no longer care if we get a roadmap or not.. because I doubt it would actually be a real representation of what you plan for the coming months. /skeptical

I can understand pushing back major patches when needed, but I can see absolutely no excuse for delaying a public roadmap. It tells me that you are so uncertain about your forward plans that you are not comfortable sharing them with players.

No matter.. it's an MMO.. as MMO players.. we play the game as presented to us... or we don't. Nothing else is in any way within our control.

Edited by Andryah

i was just started to get excited, then I remembered it's Bioware and their definition of '"fun" we are talking about here. Last time it was a Wampa Comp from cartel market. No doubt it something simuliar this time.

Not interested, Keith. Or maybe it's romanceable Arcann, since that has been datamined. Even less interested.

Probably yet another ugly mount in a box. :p

Why does this sentence fill me with fear!?

Probably feels fearful because history shows that said "we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns" will be more along the lines of non-answer answers... or the ever popular "we are not ready to talk about that". :cool:

Edited by Andryah

Quoted for MEMPHIS! :D

As far as the "update"...I like others was hoping for more, but you didn't say "soon" so I guess I'll let you slide. ;)

Looking forward to the stream!

P.S. do what you like with Theron.... I always romance Lana anyway. :D

:eek: Immo! Bad Immo! :D (I'm having fun scolding some of my friends today)

I love Theron! Theron must survive and like Suzsi said, we must have new romantic animations and the reunion had better be cake and wedding droid fantastic! :D

I love Theron! Theron must survive and like Suzsi said, we must have new romantic animations and the reunion had better be cake and wedding droid fantastic! :D

Hehe.. You set a pretty high bar there Lunafox. :D

Of course the wedding droid will short out.. and the fire and sparks will set the cake on fire.. and ... well.. you get idea.... :p

Oh.. and the new romance animations for Theron will be some sort of spastic bobbing and weaving and slamming of face on the deck because you choose the wrong story decision. :p:p:p

Edited by Andryah

Hehe.. You set a pretty high bar there Lunafox. :D

Of course the wedding droid will short out.. and the fire and sparks will set the cake on fire.. and ... well.. you get idea.... :p

Oh.. and the new romance animations for Theron will be some sort of spastic bobbing and weaving and slamming of face on the deck because you choose the wrong story decision. :p:p:p

*picks at fingernails* Yeah...I kinda did, didn't I :D One can always hope. :p

Well, this is Bioware we're talking about :D

Quick...where is the ESC button? That's not what I was hoping for...with the spastic bobbing...I better stop before this goes all kinds of wrong! :D

Bring on the roadmap of the roadmap!

Edited by Lunafox

You mean we might get an Arcann mount? LOL. I know there are those that might be pleased by that. I'm not one of them.

I was thinking more of a wobbly, rusted, noisy, smoky mount that really looks more like a burned out tricycle that only Theron would enjoy. :p

Cool. :D Do we get to kill Theron?!

Lets hope. He's a dead man if given the choice.

All that crap talk about wanting peace and then doing the very thing that would cause more strife to the Alliance.

Oh yea. He's dead.

Edited by Quraswren

I was thinking more of a wobbly, rusted, noisy, smoky mount that really looks more like a burned out tricycle that only Theron would enjoy. :p

I suppose I can see that. All they'd have to do is take off the Life Day lights off that Czerka LD-1 Celebrator lol.

Thanks for the update of the update. :p

Spoliers? Just two maybe?

Any expansion this year and will the raid be finished this year?

Imo it would be good to get those out in the open now because if we have to wait until the roadmap officially comes out then it could well be flooded with posts on those 2 particular topics (and all the doom n gloom or profound happiness depending which way it goes) which could flood out any really good feedback on more relevant and useful parts.

I say relevant and useful because if all the posts are for example - "you lied and promised the raid would be done this year" well there is nothing you can do about that so feedback isn't going to help get it out any sooner yet the thread will get flooded with it where as if you announce it now well at least that gets all that angst out of the way early.

Just an idea anyway, I would prefer the roadmap thread be full of detailed discussion on what is coming up rather than "this isn't happening and you said it would" or "the game is dieing because no expansion" which will happen either way if either are the case so best to just get those out of the way now me thinks (or confirm both are happening and get all the good back patting posts out of the way also). :)

So... what we get today is a roadmap for a roadmap. :confused:

Gutsy Post.. and should carry the rant festing well through the weekend on the forum.

Sigh..... I know this may sound a bit blunt and pointed... but It needs to be said:

So... It's NOT actually a quarterly update to the RoadMap that you are conducting then. IF... IF you make your new commit.. that would be a tri-annual roadmap update... which is fine IF that is what you promised. But you promised multiple times to do a roadmap update quarterly.

Seriously.. of all things you really should deliver on time, or a little early even ... a revised roadmap should be at the top of the list for you.

What this tells me is that you really do not even have internal roadmaps you are working to.. because if you did.. you would select from that internal roadmap the bullet points you wish to disclose to the players in your quarterly Roadmap update.

Personally, I no longer care if we get a roadmap or not.. because I doubt it would actually be a real representation of what you plan for the coming months. /skeptical

I can understand pushing back major patches when needed, but I can see absolutely no excuse for delaying a public roadmap. It tells me that you are so uncertain about your forward plans that you are not comfortable sharing them with players.

No matter.. it's an MMO.. as MMO players.. we play the game as presented to us... or we don't. Nothing else is in any way within our control.

This may very well be the most negative towards BWA post I've seen from you (aside from bait and switch) ... what did you do with the real Andryah?

That aside I think you've summarized the issue well and it's really not doing their marketing any favors. People are more and more realizing they just can't rely on BWA to keep to what they say they will keep to. I mean if they can't even stick to the roadmap schedule (that is, the schedule of just putting one out) and can't communicate why this is happening then how the hell can they rely on them to deliver a product worth paying for or "investing" in.

Now I say investing loosely because it's a concept I personally hate hearing in games but the fact remains other people do indeed view their time in a game like this as an investment and what others think bares major consideration to the future health of the game, especially if it's a large portion of people (which we don't know in this case). If all of a sudden they don't see starting out here as a wise investment because of that lack of trust and faith (and negative feedback it creates on social media they may read to help them make a decision) they may very well look to other games instead.

Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the update. This is good news!

Question: What did the art team say about new customizations for purebloods?

Hey everyone,

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

Please prove me wrong:

• You got an excuse to postpone 5.5
  • Lots of activities means not much content till end of 2017 but maybe events and CM sales
  • Glimpse of 2018 translates into more delay for delivering long awaited content.

All in all : YAWN.

Edited by Deewe

My take on the roadmaps is this:

Keith, new to the job of lead producer has ideas on where he wants to take the game. As a player, he also has QoL improvements he would like to make. Some things would be fairly small and simple, others large and complex. If you ever worked on a project you would know discussions can go like this:

Keith: I want X,Y and Z.

Programmer: We can do X, we need to look into Y, we can't do Z.

Keith: When can you give me an answer on Y?

Programmer: 2 weeks.

As we all know 2 weeks becomes another 2 weeks becomes another month. This delays the roadmap because Keith can't finalise it due to testing and implementation feasibility. Frustrating for sure, but there it is.