Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

EricMusco

I think you are missing the point. There is nothing wrong with what you are describing.

When guilds form alliances to help each other win planets, this is what happens: first the allied GMs decide which guild they will help. Then several players from each helper guild leave their home guild and join the guild that has been selected to win and run Conquest events, then they leave the guild. Several more players join that guild and do the same thing, and so on and so forth. The next day the same scenario is repeated until Conquest ends. Whether individual players get to keep their points is not the key issue. The exploit is that the guild that is being helped bypasses the maximum number of toons allowed and gets to keep all those points. This is what's happening on Satele Shan and was happening for years on Harbinger previously.

You were able to explain it far better than I was able to.

I hadn't taken into account the (potentially) "over 1000 players' worth of points" being the true exploit.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see you listening to your friends at Bad Feeling Pidcast re not having to decorate the strongholds to get the bonuses.

Now I can etch-a-sketch most of my strongholds and decorate properly.

Is there any chance you could look at making decorating easier - the interface is horrible and with so many strongholds to decorate its hard to find different decos. Also way too many of them are hard to acquire in their obscurity and sometimes value. Some should be hard to acquire for sure but more should be easy enough to get.

The droids should have a greater range of stuff to choose from as its very hard to make your stronghold unique as things stand.

As a suggestion I'd love to see the crafting nodes be wall mountable so I don't have to steer round a littered floorway in my crafters stronghold.

Thanks again....I'm glad to set fire to my chairs.

• Dev Post
Hey folks,

Seeing some questions about exactly how the bonus is tabulated. Such as, is it just the Stronghold unlock or does it include the rooms, how do duplicates counts, etc. I am working on getting all of those details from the dev team and should have them by this afternoon.

-eric

Alright, here is how it is going to work. Duplicates DO count towards your bonus. If you have three Coruscant Strongholds, all three count towards the cap. Reminder that this is only possible following United Forces.

The way the bonus is calculated is each Stronghold is worth up to 25%, based on the amount of rooms that are unlocked. I will use Umbara as an example... Since the Umbara Stronghold is 3 rooms (base unlock + 2 expansions) each of those is worth roughly 8%. Simply divide the number of rooms by 25% to get an idea of what each rooms value is.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

Seeing some questions about exactly how the bonus is tabulated. Such as, is it just the Stronghold unlock or does it include the rooms, how do duplicates counts, etc. I am working on getting all of those details from the dev team and should have them by this afternoon.

-eric

Thank you for looking into this.

But something that you have not talked about at all is the CONQUEST VENDOR - the one with the item that levels companions instantly to 50. What currency it will use, will that currency be legacy-wide, what that Vendor will require in order to purchase from it, etc.

Can we please have some details about this? You didn't mention it in your post at all.

Alright, here is how it is going to work. Duplicates DO count towards your bonus. If you have three Coruscant Strongholds, all three count towards the cap. Reminder that this is only possible following United Forces.

The way the bonus is calculated is each Stronghold is worth up to 25%, based on the amount of rooms that are unlocked. I will use Umbara as an example... Since the Umbara Stronghold is 3 rooms (base unlock + 2 expansions) each of those is worth roughly 8%. Simply divide the number of rooms by 25% to get an idea of what each rooms value is.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Cool, thanks Eric.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you.

• Dev Post
Thank you for looking into this.

But something that you have not talked about at all is the CONQUEST VENDOR - the one with the item that levels companions instantly to 50. What currency it will use, will that currency be legacy-wide, what that Vendor will require in order to purchase from it, etc.

Can we please have some details about this? You didn't mention it in your post at all.

Good catch! The vendor is on the fleet, but they will not actually appear for your character until you have completed your Personal Conquest for the week. Once you can see the vendor, they sell both Stronghold Decorations and the Commander's Compendium.

The Compendium sells for 4.25 million credits and 3 Dark Projects each.

A few notes on the Compendium. It cannot be used on temporary Companions (sorry Darth Marr), it cannot be used on Companions at rank 50, it must be used outside of a phased area (such as a Flashpoint).

-eric

Eric,

Does this mean that we once again will have the opportunity to see Conquest Planets such as Section X which has not been available for conquest in Quite some time?? It is the only one I am missing for the Title and due to the guild I am a part of I know that upon a request to my Guild leader once it is available we can easily conquer it.

Ghostlie

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the clarification Eric. I like the method for determining the bonus percentage. That seems like a great way to do it. I like that better than it being an all unlocked or nothing bonus.

I disagree on the first part though, duplicates should definitely not all count. This seems very unfair. Star Forge combined 5 servers so someone could have purchased a DK or Cor stronghold on each one of those servers. When the servers were combined, the expansions purchased on one counted for all copies. So theoretically someone could have spent 1.5 mil to open one DK SH and already be up to 125% bonus (since the other 4 copies would also be fully unlocked without purchasing any expansions). The duplicate strongholds currently don't all count towards your bonus so why would you change this now?? I admit I don't know how common such a situation is, but I personally have 3 copies of the Nar Shaddaa SH. I only unlocked the one that was on my main server (EH) and the other two are now equally unlocked for zero extra credits.

Please reconsider making duplicate strongholds count.

Thanks for the clarification Eric. I like the method for determining the bonus percentage. That seems like a great way to do it. I like that better than it being an all unlocked or nothing bonus.

I disagree on the first part though, duplicates should definitely not all count. This seems very unfair. Star Forge combined 5 servers so someone could have purchased a DK or Cor stronghold on each one of those servers. When the servers were combined, the expansions purchased on one counted for all copies. So theoretically someone could have spent 1.5 mil to open one DK SH and already be up to 125% bonus (since the other 4 copies would also be fully unlocked without purchasing any expansions). The duplicate strongholds currently don't all count towards your bonus so why would you change this now?? I admit I don't know how common such a situation is, but I personally have 3 copies of the Nar Shaddaa SH. I only unlocked the one that was on my main server (EH) and the other two are now equally unlocked for zero extra credits.

Please reconsider making duplicate strongholds count.

Actually, this is a good point. Why are you changing how it works now? AFAIK, duplicates do not currently count towards the bonus, so why change that?

Will crafting weeks still remain? If not, that would take the fun out of the game for a lot of people I think...

What fun is that? The fun of spending resources and credits to win? Yeah, click buttons on a crafting panel is loads of fun. Crafting has no point in planetary conquest. Conquest is supposed to be about battling for a planet. Actually doing gameplay. Not, crafting someone to death.

What fun is that? The fun of spending resources and credits to win? Yeah, click buttons on a crafting panel is loads of fun. Crafting has no point in planetary conquest. Conquest is supposed to be about battling for a planet. Actually doing gameplay. Not, crafting someone to death.

Some people enjoy crafting. Conquest was originally stated that there would something for everyone including crafting. While you may not like crafting, some do.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I'm conflicted about this. On the one hand Yay as I haven't got the full bonus on either Star Forge or Satele Shan legacies, on the other hand Booo! because I spent a fortune unlocking and decorating (properly) unique strongholds on my main server Darth Malgus when they told us the 150% only came from unique ones just a few updates ago. I wonder if they deliberately come up with this stuff just to annoy people? There seems to be a lot of "shutting the door after the horse has bolted" ideas in this game.

Edited by Sarova

Any details on what some of the new objective types will be and/or new payouts might look like? I am thinking of the differences between the following types of objectives:

• Repeatable
  • Daily
  • One-time

I'm worried longer one-time objectives may not be able to hold the same weight as repeatable ones are - since some the current repeatable objectives are limited in terms of gameplay (pvp, gsf and crafting on some weeks)

Also, will events like Rakghoul/Gree be planned or random as well? Will the conquest weeks connected to those be pulled out?

Changes look great, not that I play much conquest but involving more guilds of different tiers is perfect to engage more people, and the stronghold solution to conquest bonus feels well thought out, rewards having a fully unlocked stronghold but doesn't force anyone to place chairs everywhere.

Also, will events like Rakghoul/Gree be planned or random as well? Will the conquest weeks connected to those be pulled out?

[*]Weekly Conquests are no longer on a set schedule and will be randomly selected each week. The exception to this rule is that Conquests that coincide with recurring events will still be on a set schedule (such as the Gree event).

So they will still be connected, and still be on a set schedule.

Edited by LordTurin

Good catch! The vendor is on the fleet, but they will not actually appear for your character until you have completed your Personal Conquest for the week. Once you can see the vendor, they sell both Stronghold Decorations and the Commander's Compendium.

The Compendium sells for 4.25 million credits and 3 Dark Projects each.

A few notes on the Compendium. It cannot be used on temporary Companions (sorry Darth Marr), it cannot be used on Companions at rank 50, it must be used outside of a phased area (such as a Flashpoint).

-eric

Appreciate the info! Will the decorations be sold for credits + dark projects also? And, is the compendium bound to legacy? Or bind on pickup? (Meaning, you have to complete conquest on the character that wants to purchase/use the item? Or can you purchase it on any character in your legacy if they have completed conquest, but use the compendium on a different character for their companions instead?). Thanks in advance for more details on this - especially since we won't be able to see the vendor to get the answers for ourselves unless we complete conquest!

Edited by PennyAnn

I "Feel" if you wanted to make 3 tiers why not make it were large guilds can only pick Tier one and whatever number you decide is medium tier 2 and small guild tier 3 let them compete with guilds there own size .. make a conquest guild based on the number of accounts in each guild..I feel rewards should be equal in each tier giving everyone equal opportunity with the guilds in those tiers competing with just those guilds on there level . I know there is not a great solution but at least you would not have large guilds monopolizing all 3 tiers because some big guilds have 2,4 alt guilds. and what is stopping them putting one of there guilds in all 3 slots.. any way i just wanted to give my 2 cents ..

I would love to have more ways of getting Unassembled Component.

I do have a way i would like and that is with Command Tokens since i know for myself i have over 20k just sitting on 7-8 alt toons right now so that would be a good way to use them apart from buying the Crafting mats and giving them to a mate when he needs them.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So people can buy 6 of the cheap Capitol World apartments (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant), spend a total of 8.64 mil and get the full 150% bonus, when those of us that have spent well over 40 mil to have non-duplicate strongholds get shafted. Good job.

And just how long until this is "abused" and changed back to require individual strongholds? You just took away any incentive to purchase the larger strongholds, so newer players will go the cheapest route. Again, Good job.

Now give us all back all the credits we've spent on all of the duplicates that we ended up deactivating after the server merge because they DIDN'T count towards conquest. Yeah, I know. It won't happen. I sometimes wonder what sort of drugs the devs are on when they come up with such stupid ideas. :rolleyes:

Edited by PorsaLindahl

So people can buy 6 of the cheap Capitol World apartments (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant), spend a total of 8.64 mil and get the full 150% bonus, when those of us that have spent well over 40 mil to have non-duplicate strongholds get shafted. Good job.

And just how long until this is "abused" and changed back to require individual strongholds? You just took away any incentive to purchase the larger strongholds, so newer players will go the cheapest route. Again, Good job.

Now give us all back all the credits we've spent on all of the duplicates that we ended up deactivating after the server merge because they DIDN'T count towards conquest. Yeah, I know. It won't happen. I sometimes wonder what sort of drugs the devs are on when they come up with such stupid ideas. :rolleyes:

how exactly can you go out and get multiple dk or coruscant strongholds? the only way to have them is to have had them BEFORE the merge. cant be done at this point. If someone payed for 3 unlocked sh's before the merge, they own them and should not have them taken away because you have hurt feelings.

Edited by ivanhedgehog