Warzone: Novare Coast

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be more balanced than previous warzones. And at least you get partial credit for captures if you get interrupted. That was really annoying in the other warzones when you didn't... Edited by Senga_J

So then how does one win? Is it like Civil War with a new skin? I wouldn't complain over that, but I am wondering if it does work like Civil War, or if it has an entirely different objective...

You HAVE to have 2 in order to get points. Plus the 3 bases are in a triangle.

Edited by theeliteninja

You HAVE to have 2 in order to get points. Plus the 3 bases are in a triangle.

I never managed to win a Civil War with only two turrets. :p So, is it in a new skin then, with them in different places for different strategies?

I would like to see a CTF in the future. Is there any plan for that?

I certainly hope that if CTF style gameplay ever gets implemented.. the "flag" is a droid who follows you through the warzone back to your base. I would like that :)

Still waiting for an MMO to come out with a very straightforward PvP setting. Slaughter count warzone would be so good. First team to 50 kills wins. The beauty of the plan is it's simplicity, dude.

STO has already done that.

On topic, Novare Coast seems a little closer to LoL's Dominion map which I loved, but I am disappointed that the new warzone is essentially just Alderaan v2.0.

Not to be a negative nancy but what are the differences compared to the other capture and control they have? Controlled turrets will be shooting at a beach front instead of ships? Did I miss something?

The difference is this is Alderaan mixed with Tug of War. In Alderaan you only need to hold one point after a given time to win. In this one you actually have to have at least 2 points captured in order to do any damange to the other team.

The other main difference is that the more people you have on the node the faster your team can capture the node. (HINCE WHY I SAY ITS HAS SOME TUG-OF-WAR ELEMENTS TO IT)

Also the area is much bigger and has more z axis where smugglers and agents can entrench themselves and do serious damage.

So yes its very similar to Alderaan but there are also features that make it much different.

EDIT: one more difference is it saves your progression in capturing the node. So if your team was only halfway through capturing it it will still be halfway

Edited by MisterBlackJack