Possible Sniper Changes? From Cryyc with Love

VdFExarKun

MM is down right dirty in PVP - you may be playing incorrectly but the burst is unbelievable.

Also i'd like to add a suggestion, give SoS a 70% slow like Unload in Arsenal Tree while it channels. It would give us a chance to keep people in our AoE's just a little longer

I would say 50% slow, and a 45% chance to hard stun for 1.5 seconds, 3 seconds if you are in PvE and the mob is Normal or Weak quality.

Some PVP oriented changes:

I really would like a lowered CD on Takedown 8sec would be fine, and make it 40m range by default and in paralel change the 1st pvp setbonus as below Evasion granted 15 sec dot immunity.

Cover pulse and Legshot 5sec immobilize effect is gone if target got direct dmg after 2 sec... This is a pain to use the real benefits of these skills in case of dotspecs (Eng, Leth, Hib), since the previously applied dot will be broke the immobilize efffect after 2 sec anyway. I favour an alter version where the previously applied dots does not break it, a new dots ofc break it after 2 sec as any other direct attack.

Since everyone else is spit balling, I guess I'll in add my input.

The reduction in cool down for Entrench is in no way shape or form is needed, especially for MM snipers being as how their Entrench is already a 22 second cool down (45 with the talent - 23 for the duration its active. Assuming you stayed in cover for that amount of time). Entrench also no longer disappears after you exit cover, therefore allowing you to enter cover again and still have the benefits from Entrench. Covered Escape, in my honest opinion, is fine as it is. Maybe make it a root breaker, but make it a higher cooldown, like 25 or 30 seconds.

Ballistic shield is fine as is as well (In regard to pve of course)

Orbital strike definitely needs a buff. Increase its damage by 35%. Your idea isn't bad, but regardless it needs a damage buff across the board.

Make Sniper Volley (in addition to its normal effects) reduce the next abilities cost by half (allows for explosive probe to be used more frequently in the rotation). Also, have Laze Target do what Explosive Fuel does (increase ranged/tech crit chance by 25% for 15 seconds, 2 minute cool down). Of course there needs to be reworks to it and depending on the spec it gets a bonus.

For instance:

Base - 15% ranged/tech crit for 8 seconds on a 1:45 cd

MM - extra 5% crit chance(Tied to Headshot)

Engi - increased duration for 6 seconds(Tied to Imperial Auto Loader)

Leth - reduce cd by 15 seconds(Tied to Hold Your Ground)

Almost everything except for the Rollbang in Engineering is lackluster. Make it so that you cannot be damaged by another scatter bomb for 1.5 seconds. Increase the damage that Plasma probe does by a full flat 25%. Also, significantly increase the damage to Electrified Railgun. Have Explosive Engineering give 6/12/18 instead of 5/10/15, not really significant, but it helps with overall damage.

Lethality...well the only change that I would like to see is when you Cull with Weakening Blast up, u get half the energy back over the cast IN ADDITION TO whether or not you crit. This can be implemented for Operatives as well, so it helps energy management for both classes.

Keep in mind, these are just view points of me and some guildies on changes for Snipers.

• 3 months later...
So you want god mode for Snipers?

Guy has a point, I am Former US Army Ranger Sniper and we have a saying "A seen Sniper is a dead Sniper.", while I don't agree with us being in stealth, I wouldn't mind a 35m range on "All" damaging abilities, since we are a reach out and touch someone type of class.

Dear Cryyc,

Whilst you are scheming can you also fix:

lethality: The 2 point 20% FB accuracy debuff that now only applies to 1 target, not 5. Perhaps bump the debuff (as it breaks on damage) to 50%?

Similar for the skill DOTs not ticking on slept targets, as a Lethality Sniper this is zero use.

With SR in mind, along with fixing the roll bug that stops you mid way, how about putting in some hard cover points to each map?

Yours always in Awe,

Arc

PS. weakening Blast for ME!! Not the raids low damage tick, same for the poor Sorcs.

Getting back on topic here, I like these changes from both a PvP and PvE perspective, I'm not sure if anything of the sorts will be implemented but snipers do need either a more impressive offensive ability to discourage being zerged while turreting or abilities that make them more mobile while being dangerous (like Sorcs and Sins currently).

Shoot move and renegade.

Edited by Tonev

Had a long *** postup here but decided to take it down, as someone else said earlier posting for help with Snipers is *********** pointless, when it comes to the developers. Edited by Tonev
*********** pointless, devs don't listen.