I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.

Angedechu

Id say that so called "Super rare" item chance should be way greater than it is now. These are the items people buy these packages and lack of getting these items makes people buy even more packs which clogs the GTM by abundance of speeders that sell for useless profit and WAY less than what speed scaling speeder really is worth. Even if there is abundance of them they are worth way more than people ask for them.

Packs could actually cost more with greater chance but the chance should be as good that if you are after 1 blaster or color crystal, you dont have to get 100 packages to get it. This way packing of other stuff that GTN is full at moment would start to be worth something again and actually something people would also use on them rather than sell them.

It could also be good to fix GTN so that deposit goes with price you are selling the stuff rather than fixed deposit based on the object you are selling.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....

I'm not exactly disappointed in the Cartel Packs -- they add content, and I've purchased some here and there through the GTN -- but I have yet to see something I'm willing to spend my actual Cartel Coins on.

More content is good...

As for the GTN. I'm not an expert in it. It actually perplexes me to be honest but generally things seem to sell if you leave them on long enough...

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

Put me in the group of disappointed. I've played this game since early head start, I'm no new-comer.

I'm still subscribing. I have bought, to my embarrasment, a ton of items from the Cartel. I even bought 2 of those paks, that contain 24 paks of a certain type: Pirate Paks, etc....

I haven't found one item that I would call rare or excititng. Speeders, crafting stuffs, adaptive armor that looks like any other armor you can get in game.

I will say that the first pak I bought the contents up on the market, and made a good return in coin. But after that the market has been flooded with junk from cartel paks.

I feel like I've been suckered in to buyingt them. I had my free will to choose, I get that. I sold carpet early on in my life, I know all about come-ons and slight of hand selling.

After all the money I've spent at the Cartel, I have a cool speeder that I bought serperatley to show for it. No weapons, nothing that I couldn't get in game. You could say I paid over $200.00 for a speeder. I feel stupid even admitting this to you guys.

I should have known better.

BUYER BEWARE!

Keep telling that I troll. I will keep deleting my cartel packs.

Yes, you are either a troll or seriously stupid. You are paying money for cartel packs, then deleting them... you are throwing away real money.

Everyone else in this thread... think about what the OP is saying here.... she's deleting cartel packs? She's either a complete moron, or a troll. Maybe both.

Now, benefit of the doubt... you do know that there is about a 48 hour window before you can sell most items you find in cartel packs, yes? Maybe that's the problem.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Yes, you are either a troll or seriously stupid. You are paying money for cartel packs, then deleting them... you are throwing away real money.

Everyone else in this thread... think about what the OP is saying here.... she's deleting cartel packs? She's either a complete moron, or a troll. Maybe both.

Now, benefit of the doubt... you do know that there is about a 48 hour window before you can sell most items you find in cartel packs, yes? Maybe that's the problem.

OP mentioned the timer and how it was gone. I actually more suspect the OP to actually equip the items to see how they look and then find they are non-transferable. :rolleyes:

I've gotten tons of good stuff, a really cool blaster rifle, a really cool assault canon, the throne which I'm trying to decide if I want to use it with my inquisitor or my warrior, lots of pets and other stuff but at the moment my cargo hold has tons of stuff that I'm holding on to so I'm not buying anymore packs but I've sold tons of stuff on the GTN and continue to do it, you just have to be prepared to hold things in the cargo hold until people get more money to buy stuff.

Why do these items currently have a price if they are unsellable?

Some game systems require a value for parts of the game to work. As an example, the GTN needs it to know what base price to set things to (and IIRC, doesn't let you put things up for sale that doesn't have a value). These items are currently hardcoded to not be sold to NPC vendors, despite their internal credit value.

This is the main reason I've slowed down on buying the packs. I have a fair amount of disposable income so I enjoyed buying them but the fact that I can't dump all the junk (i.e. I have to destroy it) has me not willing to spend the time or money anymore. I'd be happy to get even nominal credits (e.g. 1 Cr) just to be able to sell the 30 social headgear items and other junk cluttering my cargo holds (purchased to hold the junk). So I will abstain until this changes.

This is the main reason I've slowed down on buying the packs. I have a fair amount of disposable income so I enjoyed buying them but the fact that I can't dump all the junk (i.e. I have to destroy it) has me not willing to spend the time or money anymore. I'd be happy to get even nominal credits (e.g. 1 Cr) just to be able to sell the 30 social headgear items and other junk cluttering my cargo holds (purchased to hold the junk). So I will abstain until this changes.

Why don't you just give the junk away?

I've started standing around at fleet advertising my lower level alt as a "junk dealer". He'll take anything you want to dump on him. If some people don't have the patience for the GTN and are willing to give up the meager profits they can make off of this "junk" I will gladly take on the burden.

And I know there must be others like me on other servers.

:cool:

I've started standing around at fleet advertising my lower level alt as a "junk dealer". He'll take anything you want to dump on him. If some people don't have the patience for the GTN and are willing to give up the meager profits they can make off of this "junk" I will gladly take on the burden.

What server? Do you pay for the junk?

Maybe it is time I start up my smuggler. ;)

- Arcada

What server? Do you pay for the junk?

Maybe it is time I start up my smuggler. ;)

- Arcada

The Harbinger. No, I don't pay for it. It's a service for those who would otherwise destroy their junk one at a time. Trading it to someone is simply a faster way to get rid of it.

Why don't you just give the junk away?

And I know there must be others like me on other servers.

But so much of it is useless junk that everyone has (or can buy really cheap) already. I'm talking about dozens and dozens of emotes, banners, etc. (Yes, I've splurged:o because I wanted an overlord throne). For me, it's an issue of convenience. It's only a few seconds, but at a vendor, I can dump a bunch of crap fast. By having to destroy, that's a drag and drop, drag and drop, annoying process. At least let me get more cargo holds (I have 5 now which is the max and they are full - also a MAJOR crafter with each alt. Again:o)

But so much of it is useless junk that everyone has (or can buy really cheap) already. I'm talking about dozens and dozens of emotes, banners, etc. (Yes, I've splurged:o because I wanted an overlord throne). For me, it's an issue of convenience. It's only a few seconds, but at a vendor, I can dump a bunch of crap fast. By having to destroy, that's a drag and drop, drag and drop, annoying process. At least let me get more cargo holds (I have 5 now which is the max and they are full - also a MAJOR crafter with each alt. Again:o)

Well, until they allow it to be vendor trashed (which I don't think they'll ever do) it's faster to dump it on someone like me than destroy it one piece at a time.

They need some kind of currency that comes with every pack you open. If if the pack contains nothing but junk you'll still get a coin or something that you can accumulate to spend on a special vendor that has neat things. Even some lotteries work this way to at least give you the feeling that you're still getting something out of it.

I too have spent real money on a good number of packs(20-30) and recieved absolutely nothing of value out of any of them to the point I totally stopped buying them. Can't even give stuff like speeders away because the only people that would really benefit are f2p players and they can't trade. Bioware is probably missing a lot of potential money because of it.

Edited by sumuji

All packs in some MMO's are percentage based sometimes youll get good stuff sometimes you wont but hold on to your things as yet they may not sell for alot or at all but even the smallest credit amount stacks up and someone will want them in the future :)

i got a cartel purple pistol for 1000 credits for my scoundrel *i swear the guy who posted it must of mis-priced it or was just plain old stupid:w_confused:, made me happy since i got a ****** weapon for free basically cause it cost me zero coins and zero dollars!!!!:w_big_grin:

rangemaster rnagehunter? or whatever it's the black one with a green ring light!!!!

:jawa_biggrin::csw_blaster:

not the revolver one with the yellow sight