Slicing question

Vengash

If I pick slicing for a skill will that hurt me on whatever crafting skill I pick?

Yes and no.

You will find rare schematics for your crafting skill,

However each crafting skill requires 2 types of mats, one set from a gathering skill, one set from a mission.

So you will have to buy mats. Which could end up being very expensive.

Yes and no.

You will find rare schematics for your crafting skill,

However each crafting skill requires 2 types of mats, one set from a gathering skill, one set from a mission.

So you will have to buy mats. Which could end up being very expensive.

Not exactly. I was under the impression you only needed the mission skill items for blue or better quality crafting, not for the normal green ones.

Not exactly. I was under the impression you only needed the mission skill items for blue or better quality crafting, not for the normal green ones.

Yes and who is going to buy green gear, when everyone is crafting blue and better?

No one, so you won't be able to sell anything, so you'll go bankrupt.

Green Gear is just for training your crafting skill and reverse engineering for blues.

Use the greens to level up your crafting skill, buy special mats to make blue gear for yourself.

Slicing gives credits, rare patterns and opens paths in flashpoints (or so i hear, never tried flashpoints in beta).

And anyway, if you want to make money, just grab slicing and couple gathering professions and start selling mats. :jawa_cool:

I guess it's about what you value, utility, money making, self sufficiency (nobody can make everything on one toon anyway), just pick which brings you the most fun.