Fury / Concentration Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Fury and Concentration Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:

1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:

• Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.

Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric

Here's a thought, how about a Tactical Item that boosts the defense of Inquisitors/Consulars so they aren't so squishy like they have been for years?

Sorcs/Sages would be "broken" if not being squishy :D

Putting jokes away...

What about self heals and survivability of PT/Vang tanks (as well as dps specs)?

What about you in BW make your suggestions and then people can discuss and present their suggestions???

I suggest you contact guilds/players with more experience in pve and/or pvp, present them with your suggestions, listen too what their opinions are then present it back on foruns Or else you will get full threads with nonsence and just missleading suggestions from players that imo lack the knowledge to make suggestions in this regards. Just as you can see in this thread already. First they are completlely off topic, then they call squishy to a class that at least have 1 spec that is the less squishy in pve and pvp but problably they never saw a combat log or played with or against the class/spec.

Edited by FiLaBugh

Tactical Item:

If the target affected by Force Exhaustion is in range and Force Sweep is used it will spread the effects of Force Exhaustion to all other targets in range.

Increase the range of Force Sweep.

Heal while being attacked with Rebuke active.

This doesn't solely relate to Fury, but I thought maybe a tactical item that increased the damage of ravage again but put it back on a 3 second channel. It would be a gain in DPS but the consequence would be you would lose DPS without planned positioning/timing.

I second this. Although I wouldn't always use this, having the option benefits everyone. A lot of people were really upset about the change, not just for dps, but the over feel of the ability and the animation. Would give options for people trying to min/max and give people just wanting to have fun feel more in control.

I second this. Although I wouldn't always use this, having the option benefits everyone. A lot of people were really upset about the change, not just for dps, but the over feel of the ability and the animation. Would give options for people trying to min/max and give people just wanting to have fun feel more in control.

Plus they already have the animation made :D

Tactical:

Concentrated Slice now also knocks the target back 10 meters and stuns them for 4 seconds.

Set Bonuses:

2-set: Force Choke now deals an additional 25% damage and affects two additional targets within 5 meters of the main target.

4-set: Saber Throw grants Deadly Sabers, weakening the target's resistance to force damage from all sources by 15% for the next 10 seconds. This effect cannot be applied more than once every 30 seconds.

6-set: Zen now breaks all crowd control effects and makes you immune to crowd control effects for the duration of Zen. This effect cannot occur more than once per 30 seconds and does not prevent effects cast by operation and world bosses.

Edited by ThadiusMoor

Hey folks,

Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric

First of all, I don't think set bonus or tactical should be differentiated for each discipline, creating balance would be almost impossible. Now, for the real deal for sentinels in PVP:

Tactical:

1. Having full resolve bar/decaying white bar, sentinel becomes immune to roots and slows or other movement impairing effects until resolve bar resets. Elaboration: currently too many skills with low CD hinder movement of sentinels.

2. All attacks hit in a 120-180 arc cone. Elaboration: sentinel as melee has no real advantage compared to ranged, only disadvantages. Since it is swinging two swords, it only makes sense to make it punish enemies stacking, while leaving single target damage the same.

3. Damage reduction is increased by 10 percentage points for 5 seconds for each different source of damage taken stacking up to the maximum of 100%. Effect does not apply if there is only one attacker. Elaboration: only good sentinels can counter being globalled, but only with a high toll to pay. Suppose gear provides 20% DR by default, the effecieny of 2 players attacking a sentinel drops to 70% each, with 3 players to 60% each, with 4 players to 50% each.

4. For the duration of Rebuke, sentinel takes a stationary, defensive stance, absorbing all incoming damage or incapacitating/movement imparing effect safe Hutball traps/boss fight AOE. Any movement or attack done by the sentinel brakes the stance prematurely. Elaboration: whoever is capable of wielding a weapon in each hand is in great control of their defense skills. Sentinels are easily globalled, making them preferred target in 4 DPS arena. They are not good at defending objects either in warzones. With this tactical element, enemy is forced to switch target (arena) or team is given time to get to a turret/control point in wz or sentinel can take a position in safety for hutball capture.

5. All defensive skills can be activated while being stunned. Elaboration: helps sentinel survive being globalled.

6. Force Stasis is replaced with Force Push. Elaboration: sentinel does not have pushback skills which is a must in warzones for tactical elements.

Set bonus 1.:

2-piece: Force Leap has no minimal distance, Zealous Leap has max distance as Force Leap.

4-piece: Force Leap and Zealous Leap breaks movements impairing effects (roots, slows, etc.)

6-piece: Sentinel is immune to all movement impairing effects while Transcendence is active.

Set bonus 2.:

2-piece: Increases the duration of Guarded by the Force to 5 seconds.

4-piece: Guarded by the Force breaks incapacitating and movement impairing effects.

6-piece: Guarded by the Force grants immunity to incapacitating and movement impairing effects while it is active.

Edited by varietasplus

Hey Eric,

The current set bonus we have doesn’t need to be changed in my opinion. However if there was a second set bonus option with the possibility to mix and match, some minor things could be used, nothing drastic either. I am also going to assume these tactical items are used in both PvP and PvE or will one only be useable in PvP/Warzones?

Tactical 1:

If Focused Burst is used on a target affected by Force Exhaustion, Focused Burst also hits up to 3 targets within 10 meters, dealing 50% of the damage. Original target still takes the full 100%. (Brings back a little more of the AoE feel the class had.)

Tactical 2:

If Concentrated Slice hits a target affected by damage over time abilities, your own or another players, all current DoT’s refresh, additionally, applies Burning Slices if not already present. (Might be interesting to refresh others DoT’s, how would others and healers handle it in PvP?)

Set Bonus ideas:

No particular set bonus number for these, but here are a few that could be useful in both PvE and PvP

a.) Zealous Leap has an increased range of another 5 meters (max of 15). Force Leap no longer has a minimum range. (Make Zealous Leaps range a little longer without it being ridiculous. And of course, the always missed Force Leap having no min range.)

b.) Dual/Twin Saber Throw now applies a stack of armor reduction on the first target it hits. Additionally, Dispatch can be used instantly if Dual/Twin Saber Throw critically hits. (Gives Sentinels another option to use while at a distance from target.)

c.) Saber Ward, Rebuke, Guarded by the Force can all be used while stunned. (Would really help with their survivability with all the stuns the game has.)

Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

FURY/CONCENTRATION

Tactical Suggestions:

• Force Crush’s last tick of damage is now deals damage to nearby enemies within 5 meters
  • Damage dealt during your cascading power buff is added up. Your next force crush's final hit deals it's normal damage +5% of your cascading powers added up damage.
  • QOL: When within 4 meters of the target obliterate does not lock your character in place (similar to low slash having different animation within melee range)

Set Bonus:

• 2 set - Melee/Ranged hits build stacks of X increasing damage dealt by your next force/tech hit by 5%/10%/15% stacks up to 3 times
    • 4 set - Force Scream now grants a stack that makes the next Vicious Slash, Vicious throw, or Sweeping slash 10% increased damage
    • 6 set - Raging burst increases the duration of force crush by 3 seconds

Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Fury and Concentration Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:

1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:

• Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.

-eric

I specifically Re-Subscribed to solely be able to message on these forums on this thread

( so imagine how many others Subscribers that'll return if you consider my idea )

Tactical Items = More Action-Combat Abilities ( i.e. abilities that does not require a target ( some already established abilities are " Cyclone Slash " , " Whirling Blow " , " Gun Sweep " Mortar Volley " , " Force Quake " and others

My only request - no more telegraphs ( can you remove them? )

An example

• " Force Jump " = Just like in the movies, some Jedi and Sith can Jump. An ability that'll look different from the environment. Think of Ataru Form ( ... the Original Ataru Form via acrobatics
  • Blade Twirling: Could be outside of Combat. Could also be an RP gig ( idk )

Aim for Jedi Academy's Style Combat.

Bring back the Jedi Forms

• Shi-Cho
  • Makashi
  • Ataru ( Acrobatics .. not a " speedy " form )
  • Soresu
  • Shi-en / Djem So
  • Niman
  • Juyo ( not the previous one )

• 2 weeks later...
I would truly appreciate a tactical item that grants an additional 4-6m range on melee abilities so that IF an encounter requires a lot of movement or requires the players to drop aoes away from the focus target, the amount of dps loss is mitigated due to not losing 95% of our damage dealing skills from a required encounter mechanic.