How do you defeat darth thanaton?

RadRaymond

I remember doing this in Lightning spec with Talos. It involved a lot of moving around, interrupting his healing abilities and staying the hell away from Force Storm. I don't believe he ever got Talos in the AoE, but I would suggest moving your companion (either by turning them Passive or using Extricate) if it looks like he'll get them - remember that companions aren't terribly bright when it comes to AoE.

The ghosts do help, but that's only in the cut scene. You actually need to beat him first for the ghosts to be of any use. If you really need help, why not ask a guildie? That's what my husband did when his Sorcerer hit 50 and partly why he was so surprised I beat Thanaton on my own - he's not supposed to be an easy fight. Every end-chapter boss is supposed to test the player's knowledge of their class and ability to play it (except for that one buggy fight in the Agent story).

Ive done Bounty Hunter and Imperial agent/Sniper so far.

But I came from an empty server, i know no one at all on server I am on and have never been in a guild, strictly solo for me.

I just think its messed up I go through all this grinding and frustration and have to defeat something 3 times my ability and health.

So tired of this.

And they wonder why subs are dropping left and right...

I'm going to assume you already know which of his attacks to interrupt and which to avoid, and the you're using Talos. I would then suggest that you try to improve your gear as you can, leveling greens and blues are all you need.

Take Talos with you and hit thanaton from the door with any long range ability this will stick Talos at the door. Then you just need to move away from the door so he doesn't get caught in the aoe's. After that just interrupt and attack til he's down. It worked for me on my assassin. Good luck!

Used my stun and interupt to the max, that got him, used Khem and he did most of the work.

I stayed almost out of range and healed and put the occasional affliction on thanaton.

That worked, it just takes a while, not a quick fight by any means.

And you have to do it twice, but interupts and stuns are a lifesaver.

Thanks guys, advice worked.

Or you could just gear up instead.

Five months ago I stomped him in about 40 seconds as a full battlemaster madness sorcerer who was helping out another sorcerer.

One month ago in full augmented war hero I stomped him in less than 25 seconds when helping out another sorcerer.

Im at 50 , last battle with him and I cant even get him to half health.

Hes at 47k health, no way can I match that.

Any advice?

As a corruption spec, I used Ashara as my primary companion. I essentially let her tank him/dps him down while I kept up teh heals. I'd throw dots on Thanaton all the while. Interrupt him every 12 seconds, I recall using it on his death field I think. Use stun and your heroic moment too.

Still, Thanaton is a tough customer, a truly heroic fight for those who are geared as they should be (read: not overgeared).

Edited by islander

• 2 years later...

Make sure your gear AND your companion's gear is up to par for this fight (L43+ blues or better). Using a Resolve Stim and having Medpacks will make this fight a lot easier.

Rolling a Hybrid spec helps in this fight (Madness with self heals from rolling dots), use Treek (or Talos Drelik) in healing stance. Keep Static Barrier up when not on cooldown. Use interupts on his Thundering Blasts and get out of the blight on the ground.

Good luck.