The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I met with a disgusting practice today, that I read about here in the forums before but i never seen it in game. Made me so angry, i have to post it here to vent.

So i que for a veteran fp to finish the weekly. Manaan pops, which, i admit, can be difficult for pugs, but the group is my lvl 70 Jugg dps, another lvl 70 Jugg who qued as tank, a lvl 70 Operative qued as healer and another Operative lvl 21 also qued as healer. We have a trinity + an extra healer so i thought it's gonna be a walk in the park.

I zone in to this in group chat. No hellos, no nothing:

Lvl 70 Op: lets kick the lvl 21 guy, i have a lvl 50 companion that we can use as a dps

And a vote kick immediately pops. I just stood there in disbelief for a second, not voting for kicking the guy of course, and my rage meter slowly started to rise. Wanted to type in chat "damn, toxic much?". I only manage to send "damn", when the kick goes through! My jaw drops to the floor, and then the pos tank proceeds to rub salt in the wound before that poor guy gets kicked from the instance.

Tank: sorry nothing personal, you are too noob for this fp

Lvl 70 Op: hahaha

I couldn't believe it. They just kicked the guy without giving him a chance. We didn't even engaged the first group of trash, we didn't even enter the building! Also, Ortuno with a companion? Yeah, good luck with that...

I just left group without a word then proceeded to put those two on ignore. It still makes me mad just thinking about this. At least i got a reminder why i try to avoid veteran fps like the plague.

That's just disgusting :(

I always give people a chance.

Oh, had a nasty one in Mandalorian Raiders last night.

Me on my Sentinel, a friend on his Gunslinger (level 70 but a bit rusty with that class), a level 53 Sentinel, and... someone else... can't remember if he was Sage or Scoundrel, but he was level 60-something.

Guy never said a word, then quit five seconds into the Braxx fight with no warning and we wiped.

Called up my Rank 50 Kira in dps stance for the second attempt, tore Braxx and his dogs a new one. Thought 'ok, this is going to be ok' and told the other Sentinel (who had become team lead after the quitter) that it was safe to queue for a replacement.

He was a bit reckless going forward and managed to aggro too much stuff and got himself killed (twice) before I had a chance to set Kira to heals.

New 4th arrived just before the Imperial boarding party - DPS Commando, high 50s. He was very good :)

I met with a disgusting practice today, that I read about here in the forums before but i never seen it in game. Made me so angry, i have to post it here to vent.

So i que for a veteran fp to finish the weekly. Manaan pops, which, i admit, can be difficult for pugs, but the group is my lvl 70 Jugg dps, another lvl 70 Jugg who qued as tank, a lvl 70 Operative qued as healer and another Operative lvl 21 also qued as healer. We have a trinity + an extra healer so i thought it's gonna be a walk in the park.

I zone in to this in group chat. No hellos, no nothing:

Lvl 70 Op: lets kick the lvl 21 guy, i have a lvl 50 companion that we can use as a dps

And a vote kick immediately pops. I just stood there in disbelief for a second, not voting for kicking the guy of course, and my rage meter slowly started to rise. Wanted to type in chat "damn, toxic much?". I only manage to send "damn", when the kick goes through! My jaw drops to the floor, and then the pos tank proceeds to rub salt in the wound before that poor guy gets kicked from the instance.

Tank: sorry nothing personal, you are too noob for this fp

Lvl 70 Op: hahaha

I couldn't believe it. They just kicked the guy without giving him a chance. We didn't even engaged the first group of trash, we didn't even enter the building! Also, Ortuno with a companion? Yeah, good luck with that...

I just left group without a word then proceeded to put those two on ignore. It still makes me mad just thinking about this. At least i got a reminder why i try to avoid veteran fps like the plague.

I've been lucky to avoid being kicked whenever I bring any of my alts through a fp before lvl 70. It's stupid anyway. There are so many experienced players with countless alts in this game. I was leveling a veng jugg last month and starting queuing for flashpoints from lvl 20. Twice during the leveling process I got in two groups with all 70s, and in one of them I continued to pull threat over both 70s through trash and bosses (no tanks, 3 dps/1heal) when I was at level 23, and in the other one I was the only one that knew the fights.

I love the mentality that only 70s know anything and knowledge is granted simply by hitting that magic number :rolleyes:

The adventures of Bluehufsa on Manaan :

Four members squad, two lvl 65 assassins, one lvl 65 powertech ( me) and a lvl 40 sniper. I told them i will tank, the sniper ignored every word i've said and went berserk on the first group on mobs and died. We killed and ressurected her, the assassins said "let's kick her", i said "no, maybe she lagged or something" , i didn't wanted to be a b***h,after all as a beginner i used to die a lot in KDY, for example.

We reach Sairisi, i told them again to let me tank, the sniper went AFK without saying a word and died again. We killed Sairisi, tried to revive the sniper, nothing happened, so she was kicked from squad. Later, she PM-ed me to call me "unbelievable cruel and hearless b***h ", i put her on ignore. We registered for replacement, even if i suggested we use a healing companion. We found.. a lvl 23 assassin, registered in group finder as tank. I told him to let me tank, because my gear is better ( the 220 exarch set ) but he ignored me and by the time we reached Ortuno he died at every single group of mobs - of course he HAD to attack the cc-ed ones, LOL.

At Ortuno, he died in like 35 seconds, even if the other assassins told him to avoid water and lightning storm AOE.

He left squad cursing the assassins, won't repeat here what he said, way too obscene.

Finally, we reached Sivastin ( sorry if i got his name wrong..) and killed him in like two minutes, without healing companion or a fourth squad member, i tanked him, the assassins activated the koltos and took care of adds.

The end.

Just a little story from a warzone pug today. It was on Alderaan. 6 of us zoomed in. One left. The fight started 5 vs. 8. Luckily a 6th guy came to help out. At that time it was already 1 vs. 2 turrets. We did pretty well for a 6 vs. 8, almost got mid a couple of times. Avoided a 0 vs. 3 as well due to good communication in chat. What more can you do with 2 players short.

At the end of the wz, one player complains in the chat: "That's what happens if you don't follow the tactics!" (followed by some grumbling) :p

At the end of the wz, one player complains in the chat: "That's what happens if you don't follow the tactics!" (followed by some grumbling) :p

But it was a warzone pug, so the weird thing was that he just complained about the teamwork rather than calling names or accusing the other team of hacking?

Edited by Mubrak

But it was a warzone pug, so the weird thing was that he just complained about the teamwork rather than calling names or accusing the other team of hacking?

Honestly, when it comes to warzones, I see it one way.

There is one team that wins, and one team that loses. That's it. No reason to point fingers on who screwed up or scream and cuss and rant about how much "You all suck! Bunch of ******** noobs!" etc... One team is ALWAYS going to be better than the other.

Course, logic about the reality of how PvP actually works goes over the head of many PvPers (and hey, if you aren't one of the bad pvpers that always blame others, I'm not talking about you.)

I was a weird one yesterday. Needed to do weekly Tactical, went to GF: first 2 pops with 3 healers (I am on my main mara), but someone kept refusing. Then a pop up with 3 sorcs, 2 of them healers. This one goes through. And its Cademimu.

What's weird? Me dying twice during FP but not because of mobs, healers. lags or anything of that sort. I just fell down into abyss.:D First time I was running down one of the streets after the first lift. I opened map to see where to go, while still running. And somehow managed to run off the street and fell down to my death.:D

Second time was after the long lift down to the last boss. I was way ahead of the group,took the lift all the way down and then realized I forgot to actually leave the lift itself. It started to move back up, I attempted to jump to the normal floor and missed, fell into the shaft and died.:D

P.S. Tanking Ortol was fun. I never play actual tank, ever, so I am not used to kiting and proper positioning. And my situational awareness is that of the brick. Still I managed not to die in fire.:D

Edited by Gelious

I leave it to the community to judge who was at fault here, but I'd say my Directive 7 run last night counts as weird.

So, I was on my level 70 Jedi Sage healer, teamed with a friend and guildmate on his level 70 Sentinel. We popped groupfinder and got a level 61 Commando healer (I'm not sure they were actually using the healer spec, but they queued as one) and a level 28 Gunslinger.

Everyone claimed to be old hands at Directive 7, but the Gunslinger seemed to have no clue how to play her class - almost never took cover, had a nasty habit of throwing area attacks at the ones that were CCd, and other silliness.

But anyways, the Commando and I got into an argument about whether or not we should use the kolto stations during the boss fights.

I maintain that they are for emergency use only and teams that don't have a dedicated healer. Nine times out of ten, as long as no-one does anything ridiculous, when I'm on my healers I can keep the group alive without anyone else having to even think about their health and I don't like it when people use them instead of trusting me.

We were still arguing when the Gunslinger decided to start the battle against Interrogator (the one that spawns matching cyborgs) and somehow aggro'd the whole room of yellow-marked protocol droids that shouldn't even be a factor. Whole group wiped.

Commando and Gunslinger ran on ahead when we respawned (thus breaking one of my cardinal rules of group content - Never leave a man behind) and my friend accidentally messed up the shortcut - got killed before I could catch up.

The rest of us killed the mobs, I rezzed my friend and popped a field repair... and promptly got screamed at by the Commando for using it where my friend died instead of in the boss room.

My friend had to go afk for a few minutes, and the Commando decided to try to kick him... which was the last straw for me.

That kick vote failed after another screaming match and the Commando ragequit. Put that ***** on ignore and summoned my best companion in tank mode (Rank 30 Qyzen).

Gunslinger didn't say another word after that and then left the flashpoint without leaving the group (so I couldn't summon a replacement).

When my friend got back, we booted the Gunslinger, summoned his companion as DPS (Rank 20-something Kira) and fought the boss.

Curiously, even though I tried to get Qyzen to attack the cyborgs when they spawned, he kept focusing on the boss, as did Kira... and they were doing a lot more damage than I expected (I'm sure Interrogator used to be invincible when the cyborg replacements were out) so the adds were spawning faster than we could kill them, but we still won, and guess how many times I had to use the kolto stations.

Correct - none.

So, with that boss down, we queued for replacements (having learned the hard way not to queue when using companions to fight bosses) and got a level 70 Guardian tank, and a level 40 Scoundrel dps - we tore through the rest of the mission with no issues, even 3-manned Assembler, and Replicator because my friend had to go afk again.

So, yeah.

Had a great one today.

Queued for a few things, tactical FP pops, hey-ho, it's something to do so I accept. There's me (lvl70 merc), a lvl 70 DPS jugg, a level 30ish mara and a mid to high 30's sorc. Zoned into Mando Raiders, two max levels, two mid-range levels - easy tactical flashpoint. What could go wrong?

Jugg immediatly starts bellyaching about having no tank or healer, and horror of horrors, two people he needed to carry.

He died at that infamous pull in the corridor. B**ched about having no healer again while lying on the floor masquerading as a rug. Me and the two people he was "carrying" killed everything and scraped him off the floor. He died again at the pull before the first boss.

When we finally get to the first boss, he came out with the following: "So this is just a tank 'n' spank" right?" aaaannnnd pulled. I just let him get on with it with the boss, killed off the dogs, battle rezzed him near to the end, then killed the boss myself after he died - again. The poor two lower level guys also bought it at some point during that fight, but they did do their best - attacking the same target, using kolto and so on. At least they knew what to do, unlike Mr Carry, who appeared to think we were gifted Kryptonite Stations instead of Kolto Stations and didn't click on one ever.

Right, so, first boss done and I politely enquire if it's Mr Carry's first time in this flashpoint. He answers to the affirmative and declares that it's his first fp ever, he just got the game and used a boost.

Oh joy!

We carry on and he pulls the droid that can be skipped. He pulls both of the droids on the bridge at the same time! I am losing patience at this point and type in chat "Yo, Captain Clueless - we have two people below lvl 40 here, watch your pulling especially when stuff can be skipped."

That went down as well as could be expected, but I was beyond caring at that point.

We make it to the Boarding Party, eventually, which was instantly declared a "stupid fight from stupid devs. How can we fight four of them at once?"

"Um, they're, like, only elite, and kinda easy." That was from one of the lvl 30(ish) guys.

Cue another rant about stupid boss fights and stupid devs and stupid this and stupid that. I tuned it out while my sanity booked a one-way ticket to Crazy Town.

Amazingly, no one died and we managed to get to the last boss.

"This is another tank'n'spank, who's pulling?" Progress, at least. Now he's asking who's going to tank the boss. To which I replied that I would pull and he would kill the turrets. Only. Just them. Kill. The. Turrets. JUST. The turrets.

His reply? "Do you have a taunt? You can't tank a boss without a taunt. Do you want me to do it?"

"No. No! I can manage, really. It's just a tactical, it's fine, really. Just kill the turrets. Turrets." It was at this point I wished I'd given my sanity a packed lunch for the train ride.

He did actually manage to focus on the turrets and we killed off the boss with no party deaths. I thanked everyone and left the group feeling a little like this.

----

Second one was a week or so ago. I'm on my lvl 70 sorc and again hit a random tactical fp. I can't even remember which one it was but we had a very low level sorc who'd queued as a healer. I notice he's casting without holding a lightsaber. No biggie, sometimes my graphics bug and I show the stance for holding a saber, but it doesn't show.

Second pull, same. Third pull, same again. This goes on for all the trash. We get to the first boss and I garner up the courage to inspect him. No saber equiped. Not a big deal, I think to myself, we're on an RP server, maybe he forgot to re-equip it after some RP. I whisper him something along the lines of "Dude, you forgot to equip your saber."

Reply: "I don't have one. I don't need it."

Me: *Blinks* "You need a saber, you're a sith. RP aside, there's stats and stuff."

Healer "I don't need one, I don't have any melee skills."

Me: "But seriously, you really do need to have one for the extra stats they give."

Healer: "Palpatine never had one, I am a sorcerer, I don't need to have one either."

Me: "..."

*Backs away slowly* "Hellooooo Kolto Stations...."

-----------

I don't know about healing skills but a Sorc can't even cast most of their other skills without equipping a saber.

Except for barrier, sorc healers can use basically all their abilities without a mainhand.

Edited by LordTurin

So, to make it less repetitive, I decided to level some of my remaining 65s and other lowbies to 70 doing Vet FPs via GF, instead of doing boring heroics or Chapters 1 and 2 of KOTFE with DVL leveling armor like I did with most of my 65s.

I only DPS or heal, and don't have any spec'd tanks. As DPS, I have mained Veng/Vig Juggs/Guardians in one HM progression Team and Arsenal/Gunnery Merc/Commando in another. As Healer, I have mained both Operative/Scoundrel and Merc/Commando heals. I also used to main Carnage/Combat Mara/Sent too. So, when it comes to these classes/specs, I know what I am doing. Anyway, on one of the servers I play on (not the one I raid on,) I decided to get those advanced classes max level, to give me more options in the future, in case of population decrease and raid teams falling apart on other servers.

I wanted to get my remaining DPS toons to 70 before I did my remaining healers. I started out with my level 65 Sent and Mara first on that server. My DVL leveling armor had all up-to-date mods and enhancements (level 65) and had all optimized level 65 BiS MH, OH, and left side (and augmented.) I queue for Vet FP via GF with my Mara and the first one that pops is The Foundry. There were 3 70s and 1 65 (me). All of us were melee DPS (3 Maras and 1 Sin.) Before the first trash pull after we zoned in, I get a whisper from one of the other Maras, who accused me of being a hack. He asked me how I could already have Gold Armor (meaning Legendary Armor,) while only being level 65. I had to explain to him it was the DVL levelling armor from the DVL event last summer. Apparently he either didn't do the DVL event or didn't realize BW changed the armor to Gold Armror after they allowed the armoring pieces to be modded. He was staring at my toon for at least a minute without saying a word. One of the others in the group got impatient and pulled the first mob. As a group, we tore through that mob very quickly, but one of the people did die (the person who pulled, I beleive.) Apparently, the guy who whispered me and questioned the legitimacy of my "Gold" armor, being not yet level 70, got mad and rage quit after that unexpected mob pull. Don't know if he quit because he thought I wasn't going to pull my own weight, being the only one not level 70 or because of the first trash pull (he wasn't the one who died nor was I.) After he left without a word, one of the level 70s pulled out a companion and we cleared everything quickly without one single death.

On another Vet FP via GF, I was on one of my Merc DPS and we got Korriban Incursion. And the group ended up being all level 70 normal group (1 tank, 1 heals and 2 DPS.) Tank was a Sin, the healer was an Operative and the other DPS was a Jugg or Mara (can't remember.) Anyway, The tank was very, very good and knew what he was doing, as was the operative healer. I had just turned level 70 on that Merc but I already had my level 70 set bonus gear via legacy gear from my other Merc DPS and Commando DPS. Three of us were very good players but the other DPS lacked confidence in his team, especially the healer. We get to the first boss and that other DPS starts to panic right off the bat. He was the type of DPS who spent more time running from Kolto station to Kolto station self-healing instead of DPSing. The healer was doing a very good job keeping us alive and that DPS had no reason to do what he was doing. The healer got pissed and YELLED in chat for him to quit doing it. The tank then said something in chat about "Have faith in your healer." Eventually, that DPS got the message and quit doing it but he didn't say one word the entire time in chat. We cleared the whole thing without any deaths. I whispered the healer and told him that I hate it when it happens to me when I am healing a tactical/vet mode FP and was the main reason I don't like doing them unless I am running with guildies for conquest or something like that. Normally when I run with guildies, we do HMs/Master Modes.

After I got all my level 65 DPS to 70, the real fun started. I began to level my remaining healers via Vet FP GF. Almost every single one that popped, the groups were doing what they did in that Korriban Incursion one. They were running around going from Kolto station to Kolto station instead of allowing me to heal them. It was pissing me off. It seems most of these people who run Vet Modes/Tacticals use the Kolto stations as a crutch instead of as an emergency. During one of them (I think if was The Foundry,) we had 3 level 70 melee DPS and 1 Merc Healer (me). One DPS (Sin) was in fully augmented Tier 3 gear already , one (Jugg) was in fully augmented Tier 1 with a mix of Tier 2 gear and the other (Mara) was in mostly unaugmented blue 230s with a couple 230 set pieces. Anyway, they were all good player ripping through everything, but on every single boss fight, the Jugg and Mara were too worried about Kolto stations. I finally got ticked enough to say something in chat about it. I said something like "You don't have to be 100% topped off on Health at all times. LOL." Of course, it went ignored, and they kept doing it, especially on the HK and Revan fights in The Foundry. Healing is about triage, not keeping every group member 100% healed at all times. From my observations healing these tactical Vet modes, it seems each person has their panic moments at different times. Some panic when their Health drops below 80% or even 90% and for some the panic doesn't kick in until their Health reaches 50%.

Two more Vet FPs worth mentioning:

1. My level alt 70 commando Healer queued for one (just turned 70 but had full set already from mirror class and another commando healer.) Depths of Manaan pops. The other three are 2 Scoundrel DPS (both Scrappers) and 1 Gunslinger. The Gunslinger and one Scoundrel were level 70 and the other Scoundrel was level 30-something, but seemed to know what he was doing. The gunslinger, on the other hand, was clueless on many things, even though he thought he knew what he was doing. We get to Ortuno, and the Gunslinger was drawing the most threat since he was the one at range with the hard hitting shots. Ortuno kept going after him, but instead of using his Surrender (threat drop) to allow the scoundrels to just gently kite Ortuno out of the flow spots, the Gunslinger kept zipping back and forth all over the room with his rolls without dropping threat and hitting Ortuno with big shots. You can imagine what the floor looked like. The flow was all over the place and not many spots to get out of it. Of course on that first pull, the lowbie scoundrel died first (not much I nor anyone could've done to save him.) Then the other scoundrel bit the dust after the remaining 3 of us got separated and the next set of adds spawned (I'm healing at range and the Gunslinger rolling to who knows where.) Then I got swarmed by the adds and stunned by Ortuno right when next flow happened.. Last one remaining was Gunslinger, only because I was chasing his butt all over the place trying to keep him healed. A few seconds after I died, he died. So, we decided to give it another pull. On our way down to Ortuno, the level 70 scoundrel tells the Gunslinger in chat to quit spreading the flow all over the place and to use his threat drop and have faith in the healer (me.) Then I said something in chat immediately after that and said if you rely on Kolto stations in Vet mode when there is a level 70 healer, there is no way you will be able to do Hard Modes. On the second pull, the Gunslinger kept doing what he was doing on the first pull. So, I changed my tactics. Since he was too concerned about healing himself with Kolto stations, I let him. I quit chasing his butt, trying to keep him healed. I stayed closer to the scoundrels when I could. Gunslinger was still pulling threat and Ortuno was chasing him most of the time. When they could, the scoundrels were punching, kicking, backblasting away on Ortuno and I kept behind them healing them. When the Adds came, everyone, including me, were AOEing them down. The lowbie scoundrel did get stunned and caught in the flow towards the end and died on that second pull. I can't remember if I used Battle Rez on him or not. Probably not since I was probably saving it for one of the level 70s in case one of them bit the dust. On the final boss, we didn't wipe but only me and the level 70 scoundrel knew the mechanics. The lowbie scoundrel said he used to know them but had forgotten them. The gunslinger didn't say a word. Of course when we started and the first fire came, only me and the level 70 scoundrel ran to the fire. After a few moments, the lowbie scoundrel saw what we did and followed and picked up on the mechanics from there on out. The gunslinger was just doing his own thing. Since he was pulling threat, the boss wouldn't come to fire. Finally the level 70 scoundrel SCREAMED in chat to get his butt over to the fire. He got the message after a couple fires had already dropped. We beat the timer and one-shotted the boss.

2. On that same commando healer but before I reached max level (60-something,) Mandalorian Raiders pops. Get a level 70 Shadow tank (good player,) a level 60 Sentinel (decent player but reckless) and a level 50-something Sage DPS. Immediately, I noticed something weird about the Sage. He was wearing low level green trash gear you get from drops on Tython and Coruscant (I thought not that big of deal because of Bolster.) I wouldn't have really cared if he had been level 20-something, but since he was level 50-something, that was alarming. Anyway, on first pull, the Sage runs ahead of the tank and does a force wave to aggro the mob. The tank didn't say anything during that first pull (giving benefit of doubt that it might have been an accidental click of the mouse or button push by the Sage.) We clear that mob. We get to the second mob (Pack of Dogs I believe) and he does the same thing. This time we all wipe. Tank says something in chat to the Sage to quit doing it. No response whatsoever. I then notice the name of the toon. It wasn't even a real word; it was a bunch of random letters. I whisper the tank and told him to look at his name and his legacy achievements. Was definitely a credit farmer based on his name and lack of achievements except for the kind you expect to see on credit farmers (Could've been a newbie but I seriously doubt it since newbies wouldn't know what achievements you get from doing particular types of credit farming (maxing out slicing early on, and other crew skill missions while also having max companion influence on vanilla companions.) The sage didn't respond to one thing in chat said by the tank. I think he probably didn't even know English (Chinese maybe???) The Sage kept running ahead of the tank and aggroing mobs. So, the tank, me and the other DPS just stayed behind until the Sage died each time and then we finished off the mobs. When it came to the boss fights, the Sage did seem to know the fights. After it was over and we got our rewards, the Sage immediately dropped group. Then the tank and I started freely chatting to each other instead of whispering. We both put the sage on ignore and reported his obvious fake random name that many credit spammers use.

Man I do not post in this thread often, but OMG I so have to tell this story...

So we are at the end of Taral V and two of the group go to hide in order to make the encounter easier. I say in group chat, "You cannot cheese this anymore." and the healer jumps down my throat calling me a 12 year old for using the word "cheese" like that.

Long story short, we ignore each other. Only thing I can guess is that they are a English teacher who has seen one too many book reports written in twitter-speak :p.

Man I do not post in this thread often, but OMG I so have to tell this story...

So we are at the end of Taral V and two of the group go to hide in order to make the encounter easier. I say in group chat, "You cannot cheese this anymore." and the healer jumps down my throat calling me a 12 year old for using the word "cheese" like that.

Long story short, we ignore each other. Only thing I can guess is that they are a English teacher who has seen one too many book reports written in twitter-speak :p.

Actually you can, Turrets cant hit you and adds come all to your location, so you can aoe them down. But its easy fight without los even in HM and its tottaly pointless in veteran. So its pointless, but some really want to do that. so I adapt then :)

Did not thing I'd post here but here we go

Yesterday, after about 1hour (as I saw with the CXP boost I had) waiting for tanks (seriously, where were the tanks on Prog?) my boyfriend, who was queued as Sentinel, decided to switch to his Guardian tank. Two minutes later, Rakata vet pops.

The other two were a 70 Shadow DPS and a 30-something Guardian DPS. Shadow only talks to ask if our guild is pve/pvp, never talks again. Also, likes to run ahead of us and pull before my boyfriend. Doesnt follow us when we use shortcuts and doesnt use stealth either.

First boss, Guardian has kolto fever and clicks them every time his health drops a bit (c'mon let me do my job!), neither him nor the Shadow pay attention to the war chief so I have to fight him while healing. Hopefully 30-something Guardian finally stopped fighting the beast and hiting koltos and came to rescue. He asked my boyfriend to taunt the chief (?) but understood when he replied he couldnt as you cant taunt him.

This guy was a bit green but listened. The Shadow, on the other hand... he kept doing whatever he wanted and even taunted the beast! Did he stop when my boyfriend kept telling him to stop taunting? Nope. Did he help low level Guardian to fight the chief? Nope. Anyway, we finally killed them and move on.

Shadow keeps pulling, not following us and now, also taunting. So, finally, before we get to the boxes part, we kick him. Sharpshooter linger joins and everything goes smooth.

I'm getting a bit tired of people saying "you can't do this flashpoint with 4 dps" honestly.

Yesterday, queued for veteran with my over geared T3 merc. Box listed one tank and 3 dps. Everyone accepts, and Manaan pops. I ready my swimsuit when the tank quits, saying "No, not this one". I whisper, asking *** that was all about. They tell me it's impossible to do this with 4 dps.

:confused:

I didn't tell them that

• They were queued as tank
  • They could just take that FP out of their stupid list if they're not gonna have the guts to do it anyway
  • They could at least frickin' try before giving up

No, put them on ignore instead so I never get a pop with them ever again.

Needless to say we walzed through that FP with my level 50 Vette like there was no tomorrow. Wiped on Ortuno once because I flamingo'ed up my companion micro management and she died, but other then that, easy.

I get that some people have had poor experiences in the past but damnit, at least give people a chance before quitting out! Most of the players Ive met are actually pretty decent. And if you're just gonna quit because "its the wrong fps and it can't be done", expect to be added to a few ignore lists.

Heh, you catched me there

We declined because there was no tanks

Please, dont do it, Veterans are walk in the park with 4 dps, or 3dps and heal combo. If you have shadow or guardian dps, you most likely have tottaly fine tank for veteran ( main shadow inflitration and can tank most of veterans without problems, have some nice DC for emercency). And Prog population are really low, so queue times are long enough without Decliners.

Someone posted in General: "LFM fake tank Dread Palace SM GF". Decided to queue up my DPS Jugg as tank with 240/242 gear since I had nothing else to do. Everything went smoothly with no wipes until shortly after we killed the 3rd boss. One of our group members, a sniper was kicked for "putting too much strain on healer" and suprisingly, me as well. I presume because they hated the guild I was in (they kept joking about my guild in chat) or because they said they want their guildies to pitch in.

If you guys prefer doing ops with your guidies, then don't bother asking people on general chat.

I'm getting a bit tired of people saying "you can't do this flashpoint with 4 dps" honestly.

Well, yes, 4 dps can do a tactical FP. The problem lies in details.

1) Doing a FP with 4 dps may require more players' coordination, higher skill level, better situational awarness and deeper knowledge of your class then usual.

2) It could require more time due to wipes.

3) Any amount of people may leave along the way. Quality of replacements can not be assured.

3) The amount of time, efforts and credits wasted may simply become too much compared to the reward

4) its a Tactical FP, they pop every minute and don't have lockouts, so why bother with a bad group?

I for example started refusing FP when I see 3 low level pure dps classed in the pop up window. Because my main is a well geared mara. meaning I will end up facetanking everything and burning through medpacks and cooldowns like crazy. Do i need all that trouble for something as basic as tactical FP? Thank you, but no thank you.

P.S, You were talking about Manaan. Feel free to go to "Awesome people in GF" to see my story about Manaan. Sure it was fun, but not everybody wants such fun in tacticals.

Edited by Gelious

Had a fun run of Ravagers SM yesterday.

Friend asked me if I wanted to do the op, I said okay. I did know that ravagers can, under certain circumstances, easily take over 4 hours so I was a bit nervous. I still needed the last achievement from that op though, since the last time I did it, I had to leave after a wipe at the final boss.

So, the group started out with 4 dps and needed 2t 2h. Not the best situation, but it eventually got resolved. Sparky went down fine and the mobs up until the second boss weren't an issue either. Then Bulo. Total disaster. Me (merc) ripped aggro from tanks all the time and died pretty quickly. Everyone else didn't last much longer either - Bulo wasn't even down to 60% I believe. Now, the people involved had the achievements, some even for HM - at least for Bulo. So I was a bit surprised at this outcome. One of the tanks just disconnected and never returned so we looked for a replacement and found one.

Only the replacement didn't take the shuttle, they ran all the way to Bulo. Then, when they came to the bridge with the crabs down below, they somehow missed the bridge and landed on some ledge. Our heroic tank went down there "to get him" instead of waiting for our sorc to pull him up from the bridge. Ooooo kay. So then the pull didn't work either, and the tank decided to just attack the remaining crabs. Saw this, went down to help, most everyone survived except for the tank. Tank said "f- this" and quit. :confused:

So while waiting for more replacements, more people left, among them a healer. Eventually we got a new healer, and we finished Bulo off relatively easily. When we came to Blaster & Master though, things went awefully wrong. Everyone complains about insufficient healing, someone looks at the aforementioned replacement healer and realizes they're geared all wrong. When confronted with it, the "healer" said: I only said I'd heal so I could get in, but I'm really DPS.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bye-bye, fake healer. We got a replacement, and then everything from there on went fine.

In the end, the raid leader, my friend and me were the only remaining original group members. Everyone else was kicked, rage quit or just disconnected never to be seen again.

When we're done, I say "We really made it! after 3.5 hours!" and someone says "You make it sound like this op is hard".

My reply? "This op ain't hard. People are." :rolleyes:

Assault on Tython veteran mode.

My Commando, another Commando, Vanguard and Shadow. Everyone at 70 except Shadow who was 44.

We go to stand near first objective and wait for Shadow who takes a quite a long time to appear in instance. Maybe computer is slow and it takes a long time to load? No problem here. We wait and wait until Shadow runs straight into enemies that are easy to skip. Maybe a new player? Not an issue. Shadow goes back to medcenter (start). We wait and Shadow decides to go through other way, pulls enemies and dies. Maybe computer is very slow...? Shadow finally gets to where we are but not without using a very weird route. But it's ok, we are all here and ready to do first objective. We destroyed the first objective and Shadow ended up dying again. We go to second objective and wait for Shadow there. Shadow again runs in wrong direction, pulls enemies and dies. Maybe the computer is really, really slow...? I asked what she is doing. No answer. A bit later I asked "why I have a feeling that this will be a long one?" in chat. No comments from anyone.

Shadow gets to us finally and we can do second objective. We continue to third objective and clear it. Next we go to clear the area near the stairs just in case. Shadow pulls other groups near the area and we all die. Commando and Vanguard left. I decided to leave too. 17k in repairs alone (mostly tier 4 gear). No way I'm going to take that second time.

I think I'm probably one of the most tolerant ones in group finder. Some things just put my tolerance to ultimate test.

Edited by Halinalle