*SPOILERS* Which class/race/alignment combinations work best?

PresentTense

Which class/race/alignment/gender combinations do you think work best with the class story lines, companions and romance options?

A few caveats to start. One, by its nature, this thread, if it catches on, will include spoilers about various class stories. Read at your own risk, because I'm not planning to use spoiler tags. They'll just make it hard to read when they're in every post - that's why I put one in the title. And two, this isn't a "you should play the way I do because it's better" thread. If you want to play a dark side Miraluka trooper, a gray Chiss Jedi Knight or a light side Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor, go for it. Still, I think there are some combinations that seem to make more sense:

Jedi Consular

My pick: Light side female Miraluka

She might be your last companion, but Nadia seems to dictate a lot. Let's face it - it's creepy if you're a male consular and you pursue a romance with her; it's like dating your little sister. That works a lot better as a big sister-little sister dynamic, emphasized even more if you're nonhuman. I don't think Twi'lek works well since Zenith isn't romance-able (even if you're so light side your turn him down). And dark side consulars just come off as insane.

Jedi Knight

My pick: Light side male human

You can't go wrong with Kira and the archetypal romance option. That light side should probably be tempered with a bit of an edge if you're already willing to break the Jedi Code to romance your own padawan. You can probably make a case for a dark Jedi with this storyline, one who's willing to do what it takes - including sell his own soul - to protect the Republic

Imperial Agent

My pick: Dark side male Rattataki

Other picks: Light side male Chiss

Dark side female human

You spend almost half the game with just Kaliyo, and if you go dark enough and don't suck up to the Empire, you'll get along great. However, I think this storyline in particular, because of how well done it is, can support multiple starting points. A lighter male Chiss is a perfect match for Temple and making more light side choices works surprisingly well. I think human is a good choice for all the Imperial classes if only to work with the alien bashing that runs rampant, and with all the romance options Agents have available, a female human works well with Vector.

Bounty hunter

I went with a light side male Chiss, which honestly I don't think was the greatest fit. If you're planning to pursue Mako, light side will work in your favor, but I would suggest a cyborg or a Zabrak. Light side works for female characters with Torian, too - Zabrak would probably be preferred there, as there already are a ton of female cyborgs running around in that story line. Going dark would probably prohibit any romance options not based entirely on gifts, but at least you won't spend all of Voss and Corellia hating/ignoring Skadge.

I haven't played far enough into the other classes to speak definitively about them. What do you think?

Let me see:

Bounty Hunter

Neutral, leaning Light Side female cyborg has always fit best, for me. I adore the Torian romance and completely RP her cybernetic implants. Her story is one of self-discovery, so that she starts off making mostly dark side choices but eventually more and more light side. My girl despised Skadge, though. He still seems a complete waste of space on her ship.

Sith Warrior

Dark Side with a splash of light choices female human. She's all about making the Empire stronger, more powerful. And she completely loves Quinn, shrug. She hated Baras, in fact, more than she ever blamed Quinn for anything.

Imperial Agent

Dark Side male human. My Warrior's little brother. Protective, to a point. But he's all business when it comes to destroying those who threaten the Empire's interests. Tell him to kill a target and they'll die. Oh, and he hates Kaliyo. Even if he will sleep with her. But that's only so he can keep her working as a happy little tool.

Smuggler

I've played two smugglers through to the end.

First was a body type 1 female Twi'lek. She was cute as heck and Corso loved her. But I played her as wanting freedom more than anything and wasn't sure, at the end, the story really worked, for me.

My second smuggler was much more fun. He was a light side male human. Absolutely adorable; a fun-loving character, so that it was just plain impossible to make him Dark Side. I loved every moment of his story. He ended up romancing Akavi towards the end of the story, only because Risha didn't mesh well with the character he'd grown to be by then. But also because he would've felt too tied down being King to anything. He didn't like becoming the erstwhile leader of a fleet, in fact.

I want to play another smuggler, eventually. Light Side female human next time. I just want to see if I can make the story work out better for that character, shrug.

Jedi Knight

Started a Light Side male Pureblood, firstly. But couldn't reconcile his alignment with a Kira romance. The entire thing felt "off" to me. And it pretty much ruined the story, honestly. Didn't help that I couldn't really get a true appreciation for his species. Something about having my red-skinned Sith-y featured Knight facing Lord Praven on Tatooine, while the Sith wondered if the Jedi would accept a Pureblood Sith into the order, just frustrated me. I never completed that character.

So I ended up with a Light Side female human. Even if she did take some healthy chunks of dark side points to romance Doc. Totally worth it, lol.

Sith Inquisitor

Light Side Pureblood female. Body type 1, because her slave origins meant her early diet was deficient in neccessary resources. That she began life as a slave always kept her grounded in the sense the Empire needed huge changes and she remained fairly focused on more merciful approaches to the weakest of th Empire's people. I may shake the story up a bit by playing another Inquisitor, make her dark side, just to see how much different that sort of approach might be. Dunno yet.

Jedi Consular

Light Side male Miraluka. This is the only class where, to me, a body type 1 male character seems to make sense. I finally felt comfortable playing a Consular once I made him look that way. Having said that, I still haven't finished the story. So I'm waiting to the end before making a final judgement one way or another.

Trooper (eventually)

Neutral leaning Light Side Cathar female. Yes, I'm gonna make sure Aric can have kittens. Sue me, lol.

Phyreblade, your warrior sounds a lot like my plan. I was going to shoot for more gray than dark, though - a female human believes in the empire but thinks most sith are too extreme to ever support their other goals, like order and control.

I think it's interesting that the two picks for sith inquisitor so far are a Twi'lek and a pureblood. My sorcerer is a level 20 pureblood as well, but I know both of those races are criticized - Twi'lek because of your ancestor's lack of lekku and pureblood because of the hoops you have to jump through to make the slave thing make sense.

I don't typically pursue romances as most seem forced or non-nonsensical so I won't comment on them.

Inquisitor:

The storyline for SI makes the most sense as human, but zabrak and rattataki could work. You ancestor is obviously not a twi'lek and it is a bit odd to think force sensitive purebloods would be slaves for generations. I RPed that the SI quickly realized how power gave her freedom, and thus became incredibly power hungry. Also, as she gained more power, she became more like her former oppressors. With that motivation in mind, pure darkside choices made perfect sense. Never tried LS, so I can't say if it works.

Consular:

I think any race works fine for consular, but DS makes no sense. Often your conversation choices will be neutral at its darkest with a random "kill that guy for no good reason" thrown in. The most threatening thing you will ever get to say is "death is a part of the force."

BH:

Just about anything works. Pure light is a BH seeking honor and glory, pure dark seeks violence and bloodshed, neutral just seeks money. Race doesn't really make any difference in the story.

Warrior:

Pureblood probably fits best, especially for pure DS, but race isn't really important. I ran neutral with the character wanting power and glory, but not wasting time with killing the weak. Worked so well that I never left neutral on the alignment scale without even trying. DS is just being a cruel bloodthirsty jerk, which makes more sense as a pureblood. Pure LS is probably the least believable, but it works.

IA:

I can't comment on Act 3, but up through act 2, neither pure dark nor pure light make sense. Pure light means you're an ineffective agent and intelligence would stop using you. The darkest option for the end of act 1 should mean that Imp Intelligence is no longer will to work with you. As for race, chiss has some extra dialogue, but the ability to convincingly infiltrate enemy ranks would pretty much require human.

JK:

Any race works. Pure dark means the order should have kicked you out, so it doesn't work. Pure light works great as well as neutral leaning dark. Neutral leaning dark is essentially Anakin Skywalker: making harsh decisions for the greater good with a few outbreaks of violence where your emotions overpower you.

Edited by Shlumper
clarification

Jedi Consular - Miraluka all the way for me. I think this race exemplified what I had in mind for my Shadow. I did agree the whole Master romancing the Padawan seemed wrong, even for the Jedi Knight but they didn't leave much choice who else we could romance unless we chose no one. I went full light an that was perfect for my Consular.

For a Sage I would go female/Zabrak/light/Iresso tho I haven't gotten very far with my Sage yet.

Jedi Knight - Again I think Miraluka would be awesome for this class but I did human twice on mine because I wanted the facial hair. Unfortunately you cannot get facial hair with Miralukas or most non human races in this game which is what I wanted. I wanted a Jedi who looked like they had wisdom but still young. Again light for me and romanced Kira tho if there was another option it would have picked it. A close choice would also be Mirialian as a Sentinel.

Smuggler - Twi'lek or human. I did human male once and didn't like the hair choices. (I'm black so most of my toons are dark/black as well except my Trooper which is a white female lol but hair on this game sucks for rolling a black toon unless you go bald or dreads.) I have a female Twi'lek and she is my 2nd or 3rd favorite toon so far. The class and story really fits her tho but I would have liked to romance Risha. Mine is light all the way, because she is a good girl at heart even if she is crass at times. If I decided to play my male smuggler he would be a human, older looking with facial hair. Neutral alignment. He would have a F- the police type of attitude lol but he would help the Republic as much as possible.

Trooper - I rolled 3 toons and I want to delete them all. Female human, male human and male mirialian. I wanted to make an alien toon for this class but can't get over not being able to have facial hair for my toon lol. Light side all the way tho. Well maybe a few dark choices like killing someone who is a nuisance with no remorse.

Warrior - Zabrak or human would work well for this class. Especially Zabrak with red facial tattoos. Fully dark side even tho mine is mostly gray/dark at this time. Weird thing is, for dark side toons I don't mind not having facial hair.

Sith Inquisitor - Sith species works perfect for this class but I also think a red twi'lek works because of the slave role or a human. Mine is human. Bald. No facial hair lol. He is actually light side because of comments I saw on the forums about treachery for the story line lol.

Bounty Hunter - Zabrak or Human. Human female or male Zabrak. Neutral for a female leaning more light and dark for a male. Ruthless son of a gun. Kicks kittens for fun. Steals people's lunches out the fridge kind of guy even if their name is on the bag.

Imperial Agent - Human or Chiss. They fit the role perfectly. Sly conniving sons of hutts. Neutral because they are only out for their own selves. Would sell a Sith into slavery if he would get away with it. I would say male but I know women like that too lol.

Phyreblade, your warrior sounds a lot like my plan. I was going to shoot for more gray than dark, though - a female human believes in the empire but thinks most sith are too extreme to ever support their other goals, like order and control.

I think it's interesting that the two picks for sith inquisitor so far are a Twi'lek and a pureblood. My sorcerer is a level 20 pureblood as well, but I know both of those races are criticized - Twi'lek because of your ancestor's lack of lekku and pureblood because of the hoops you have to jump through to make the slave thing make sense.

I never had issue with the idea of Pureblood becoming a slave. IMO, it fit the story of the Inquisitor very well, where Kalig lost favor and his family was degraded and demoralized. I only thought it weird my girl was somehow caught by surprise at the idea. I do have problems with Twi'leks, though. Can't see Kalig as a Twi'lek, is all. That's just me.

For my warrior, I really did play her according to what SHE would do in those particular circumstances. In the end, she was Darkside 4, is all. Totally RP'ed her, honestly.

i dont usually partake in these kind of things but this topic caught my eyes really.

trooper(vanguard)

i play a pureblood vanguard as my main these days light side and romanced elara. i liked the idea of being different to the men and women of many species you may see in the republic army, although should a time come when nautolans become availible and possibly race changes come to store as is possible from wot i read on a dulfy interview with bw.

i liked the idea of being a pureblood trooper mainly because i havent seen any around on my server while im sure there are i just wanted to be different. i went light side mainly coz i dont like to play dark side outside of empire and i want my vg to be a person of honor and intergrity and serves the republic to the best and highest of standards the citizens should expect while never hearing of my actions.

i felt it fit well with my charactor and my decisions did seem odd at first u see a red skinned yellow eyed pureblood and u expect mayhem and murder and there i came doing good things lol.

i would like to play inquisitor lightside but i simply dont have any charactor space left on my server to many 50s and alts only 4 of which are below 50. as i would like to romace and play a lightside for ashara and see how light side works as i have a full dark side sorc so would be interesting to see light side.

i have to many other chars to talk bout my experiances but i like the idea of a dark side sage mainly coz it doesnt really seem like something they would do but i just cant bring myself to be a bad little jedi ;p

Race, gender, alignment, romance AC and even body type choice can have signifigant effect on how your story plays out. Just look at the many "which class has the best story?" and see how peoples mileage differs. Some based on preference, others on the choices they made. Some just seem to fit better than others and compliment the stories naturally, and others tend to work out completely akwardly.

First the 4 I've played extensively.

Jedi Consular

Lightside Miralukan Female Jedi Sage.

The races natural insight into the force just meshes believably with the consular storyline of creating understanding and discovering hidden truths. A woman feels must more natural in the mediator role as well. Frankly Lightside is the only alignment that makes sense to me, the darkside choices make you seem erratic. Sage seems to fit the mysticesque vibe I got from the above choices, shadow seemed off. Romancing nadia does seem really creeperish to me. It seems awesome to me that so many people in this thread seemed to get the exact same feelings I did with this one, they just clicked imo.

Jedi Knight

Lightside Male Jedi Guardian of any race other than Sith Pureblood, Chiss, Cyborg or Dathomirian Zabrak no bodytype 1 or 4.

This is the blatant hero's journey of the game, not heroines, could you rly see the Emperor's Wrath handing the fate of the galaxy to over to some tiny waif of a woman? Darkside choices kinda make the forced fall to the darkside seem less impactful. Kira seems like the natural romance choice here, but only after your temporary fall to the dark side. This fall combined with knowing just what was at stake combined with Kira's story made this rly my only choice to go against the jedi code the whole story. Sentinel seem too oriented towards aggression and screamed skirting the darkside to me I couldn't reconcile it. The origonal empire pure races like sith, chiss and dathomirian all seem too outlandish to be believable, but any number of races fit otherwise. I have a thing against cyborgs, implants are for people injured in battle or seeking artifical advantage in my mind the hero is a fresh face, who wouldn't pursue power through such artificial means .

Imperial Agent

Pragmatic Male or Female Chiss, Sniper or Agent. No Humans or Sith Pureblood No bodytype 3 or 4.

Best story in the game, the only real downside to it is the romance options seem sub par compared to others. Chiss feels very natural here, the unwavering dedication to the mission, intelligence and the empire. The professionalism from which the agent approaches his mission and the decisions he/she makes, it seems like such a tribute to thrawn from Heir to the Empire. Pragmatic is the way to go here, I ended up slightly Dark at the end, but in general I made the choice that best benefited the mission and the empire, not myself or the sith. Both ACs have the tools to meld very naturally into the spy role here. With the subpar romances gender seems to matter less in this role as I could see either gender accomplishing the required subterfuge and skill. You need to be an alien in the empire to get the most out of this story! All the romances seem to unbelievable to me, maybe female chiss + vector could work, diplomat on the surface, with an agent dressed as a waitress in the background... just in case :)

Sith Warrior

Darkside Male Sith Pureblood, Juggernaut or Marauder. Body type 2 or 3 no 1 or 4 and no Aliens.

Human is the only other race that works here but it feels like sith pureblood was put into the game just for this story. This is a story of birthright, this power has always been yours to take, you are sith, you are the darkside. You crush all those who would oppose you without mercy and use any means necessary to get what you want. Jaesa reinforces the male choice for me here as the other romance options feel abit forced. A completely devoted female apprentice to have little red skinned heirs to my empire? Yes please. What sith tornado of destruction would lower themselves to consorting with Quinn or Pierce? Or awful never shuts up no matter how many times I shock her worthless Vette, bleh. The Emperor's Wrath should be a hulking brute, and a pure blood like all the others the Emperor surrounds himself with.

Next up the one I'm working on my last play through with.

Sith Inquisitor

Darkside Male Twilek/Zabrak Bodytype 1 or 3 Assassin. No human or Sith Pureblood.

I'm still on my darkside play through here towards the end of act 2, but so far it feels much more natural than lightside, the argument can be made for starting off lightside but slowly succumbing to the darkside as the story progresses. Using your romance with ashara to manipulate her fall seem very natural which is why i think male works better than female, a rising sith lord and a pirate? Meh. Alien seems a must to me, human could work as well but drawing from one of what the empire considers slave races seems best than the human whos house fell to disgrace ages ago seems better to me. There are no sith pureblood slaves their the nobility of the empire basically I don't even consider that a serious option, any sith pureblood who managed to fall so far would likely be snuffed out as an embarrassment to their kind. As a slave your either gonna be a waif suffering from malnutrition or a brute from years of hard labor, personally i went with waif. Assassin and Sorc both comparatively work well but my personal feeling is that Sin feels better for all the Indiana Jones-esque tomb crawling and ghost hunting.

Onto those I have only had limited playtime with and could use some suggestions. Let me know if you feel I'm on the right or wrong track with these ones guys.

Bounty Hunter

So far I'm leaning towards Male Rattataki, the Rattataki background seems perfect for a BH with Rattatak being a hellhole full of warlords, anarchists and gladitorial arenas. Male is because I want to romance Mako from the moment she started talking, what are the female romance options like here? Anything good I'm missing? As far as alignment I'm thinking pragmatic much like the IA. Hired to kill you? Your getting killed. Just in the way and no chance of you being a problem in the future? Get outta my sight kid. Kinda torn between merc and Ptech here. Bodytype 4 seems to fight the BH lifestyle to me, your not at the gym, your more of a bear sized brawler.

Trooper

So far I've got a body type 3 Male cyborg who looks alot like Arnold in Terminator 2 lol. I've heard lightside is the way to go here, maybe with a splash of dark when I feel like someone is too great of a threat to the republic to let live, like sith lords and darth's for example. Your a soldier, but one of the republic and it's ideals which means unlike the empire, how you do things is just as meaningful as getting them done. The ends do not justify the means if they compromise the principals of the Republic. Drawing heavily on The Clone Wars troopers here. I've got no clue on romance options here, my alternate is a female body type 4 cyborg. Going the Merc Equiv for both, meleeing with an assault cannon seems dumb to me.

Smuggler

So far I've got a human and a tweilek male, both build around the han solo role. Mostly lightside but not afraid to shoot first if the situation calls for it. I'm out to make money, get the girl and maybe even be the hero if it doesnt seem like its going to get me killed. I got no clue on any romance options here just the feeling that I'm not as bad as my profession makes me look on paper. Bodytype 1 or 2 but I could see a comical bodytype 4 male twilek working here for some reason LoL.

I'm sorry but I personally feel that the SI story can work with twi'leks.

Scenario 1: your ancestor could be a twi'lek with his lekku cut off. Other examples have been known to survive this, and it sounds like an injury a Sith could have.

Scenario 2: There is in-universe evidence to say that humans and twi'leks can interbreed. You could have a distant human ancestor.

ElyonRand, Like I said, play any way you want. You can make up your own backstory for any race in any class, and if Twi'lek works for you as an SI, by all means, go for it. My goal certainly isn't to bash your character.

Jedi Consular

Saferai, I like how you worked AC and body type into your choices, too. I agree that sage makes more sense than shadow for the consular story line - every time I broke out my non-existent healing powers in a cutscene, I cringed. And yeah, while I went Mirialan instead of Miraluka, my body type 1 female is the perfect older sister for Nadia. Plus side of being a shadow: She can wear all my hand-me-down clothes, like any other little sister. :)

Imperial Agent

It sounds like you play your agent the same way I did, too - body type male 2 alien, very pragmatic, always doing the best for the Empire. I ended up with a couple thousand light side points altogether, although I wiped them out and reached dark V with diplomacy. I'm drawn to Kaliyo since we're both Rattataki, and something about Temple grates on my agent a bit. Too straight-laced, maybe? I do what needs to be done to support the Empire, sometimes using some brutality that she doesn't seem to match well with but Kaliyo does.

Sith Warrior

My Sith Warrior is still level 1 because I'm going to put a little bit of a spin on it - body type 3 human, probably romancing Jaesa, but a female seeking an SGR. Obviously I can't actually play that yet to see if it works, but I have plenty of other alts to play, so I don't mind keeping her as a backbencher until SGRs launch. I think the Sith Warrior storyline in general is one that can support female body type 3 - the amazonian build seems to work so well here.

Sith Inquisitor

In the same way body type 3 seems like a good match for the warrior in either gender, body type 1 seems like a good match for the former slave. This is my only male body type 1, and I knew I made the right decision when Khem started calling me "little sith" because I am a little Sith. I have my own backstory involving a Sith pureblood taking advantage of a beautiful slave on a backwater planet where, after he was born, he was afforded no special station because no one on this backwards planet knew what his red coloring meant anyway, at least until the local administrator arrived and realized what he was.

Bounty Hunter

I think male Rattataki , body type 3 or 4, would be a good choice. This is one place where body type 1 will never work for a male - the voice is just going to make it seem like you're taking hormone replacements or something to be that small with that voice. I went with a mostly light side Pyrotech shield tech, which does a couple things - it makes Mako a more realistic romance option and it makes Blizz your own little mini-me. I didn't make it anywhere close to light V - there are too many times taking the dark side option makes way more sense - but I did get barely over the line for light IV.

Trooper

My trooper is only level 20, so I can't offer much here. A body type 3 Zabrak seems to be a good pick. I'm going to shoot for neutral alignment on this one, which seems to be working well so far. I consider myself the front-line guy who does what it takes to support the Republic, including the things that are necessary but might be frowned upon. It's my job to do what needs to be done to support the ideals of the Republic overall, even if I have to sell my own soul and violate them from time to time.

Edited by PresentTense

Just couldn't get into body type 4 tweilek for my smuggler on the first planet today, rerolled it at the end to body type 2. 4 isnt rolly polly enough to hit the right level of humor sadly.

Working oin finishing Inquistor #2 i thinks its best to start off leaning light and slowly succumb to the Darkside. Killing acolytes so early on felt off for a freshly initiated slave who's lived under the heels of the Sith and the Empire their whole life, although a little revenge against your now fellow Sith and the aforementioned Empire seems like believable early Darkside choices. As you get deeper and deeper into the mysteries and traditions of the Sith it seems by the end of act 1 with your masters betrayal you should be mostly dark for the rest of the acts.

In the same vein I've rethought my knight as well, i think starting off pure light but taking the occasional dark choice as the story progresses feels pretty natural, the stakes get really high in this story and doing what it takes to see things through at the expense of the code feels right later on.

Gonna be awhile before I get into my trooper or BH sadly, but i think I'm still set on Rattataki BT4 Pragmatic Male BH and Cyborg BT3 Mostly Lightside Male Trooper after looking into the options abit more.

Edited by Saferai

I'm playing a mostly Lightside Sith Sorc.

He is the only character that i'm playing as 'me' so he does what ever he wants/thinks is right which tends to be mostly light side (is it me or do alot of the Empire darkside choices seem insane and illogical) he does occasionally do some darkside options (if i remember correctly Nar S he did alot of force lightning on people).

I think human or any of the other non pureblood species fit the Inq story, i tried playing a pureblood but it seemed weird that a species with such 'power' would become a slave (yes i know it happens in lore, it just seemed off to me).

I have started playing a Darkside Warrior, but i ended up with a fair few lightside points because i find it hard to be mean to vette lol.

I believe The Sith inquisitor is A Zabrak mostly because when you go to get Kallig's countenance The sith lord you kill calls you a Zabrak slave if you are a zabby and he just calls you a Alien slave if you are any other alien race. And i honestly think sith pure blood makes no sense. Edited by darthisraphel

For my trooper I went light side male cyborg, smuggler I went light side male Twi'lek, Agent I went light side male Chiss, and my warrior that I am leveling now I chose dark side male Chiss. Reason I did that is because I wanted him to be my agent's father who he later ran away from because of his hatred for him for he had no force-sensitivity.

I have two characters I've put a lot of work and effort into.

1- Trooper. Mirialan. Combat Medic. Body Type 1. Light Side choices all the way so far. Romancing Elara.

This guy's my main character. I chose body type 1, for a couple of reasons. The first was the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" jokes were too easy to pass up on. The second was every single MMO I play I choose a tank type character of a small race, be it a halfling warrior in EQ, a Gnome warrior in WoW, or a halfling fighter in DDO. It's just what I do. So I was carrying on tradition. Until I flipped at level 10 and went with a healing character, combat medic commando.

Anyways, Mirialan seemed to work great for me as a pure light side character. The meditation racial animation and all. And he really seemed like the perfect guy to fit that storyline. He didn't get along with Jorgan at first. He also didn't like Garza too much, in the beginning. But was so taken aback by what Havoc Squad did, that he stuck with administration. Then he meets Elara and the whole thing clicks into place for him, with rules, regulations, and finding his path through the storyline.

These days he's almost done act 3, and he's closing in on being my first level 50. And yes, he's a little short for a stormtrooper.

2- Sith Inquisitor. Pureblood. Assassin. Body Type 1 as well. Started off lightside, but turned to complete darkside at level 10, when he chose the assassin role.

I made a bunch of alts of various bodytypes and classes before trying to play my first Sith Inquisitor. I chose body type 1, for primarily the reason many others did. It fit the idea of a slave much better than the other body types. It really clicks when Khem calls him "little sith."

I realize pureblood sith doesn't exactly fit as "slave." But I've been playing it like his family was reduced to this recently and his path at the academy was his chance to redeem his family and end the punishment of their ruined status. It's why at first he's making light side choices. He's trying to be noble and rise above the darkness.

Then he gets a double bladed saber, becomes an assassin and starts on the path of the darkside rather fervently. I'm at a point now in act 1 where I feel like every choice I make is either to terrorize someone or kill them. The amount of "(attack)" choices I've made have stacked up. And I realize it fits. I'm an assassin, duh.

Just another update to this awesome topic.

Bounty Hunter

Pragmatic Rattataki Male Powertech, Bodytype 4.

This one is working out great, Rattataki culture makes for a perfect backdrop to the BHs attitude. Ptech works much better with blaster pistols and the BHs tendancy to get up close and personal in cutscenes and has great synergy with the body type 4 brawler motif here. Finding the romance with mako a little less than natural at the start, too many of my choices irk her, maybe it'll grow on me or maybe she can just stay my techie and I'll spend my hard earned credits impressing space strippers, who knows.

Trooper

Light leaning Cyborg Male Commando, Bodytype 3.

Maybe it's because I'm a huge sucker for the Goverenator, but this just feels so right lol. Trooper cannons + Commando works really well imo, I would never run up and melee someone with my Gatling gun -_- Havent gotten past the 3rd planet yet so cant really comment on romances yet. I'm not sure a life of duty to the republic would leave him time for romance =x

Smuggler

Light Leaning Twielek Male Gunslinger, Bodytype 1-2.

Maybe it was zannah's Description of her twielek lover in one of the bane books that makes old rabbit ears feel like the dashing scoundrel but so far this seems to have hit the mark for me as well, BT 4 just wasnt funny enough and the galaxy just didnt feel like it needed yet another human protagonist. Went GS because I went Sniper on my agent only to find out there is a pretty dumb imbalance between the 2 "mirror" ACs regarding a hybrid spec that makes GS better by the tune of a couple % =/ pretty unhappy about this one, if i had to do it over again knowing my hand would have been forced I would have made my agent an operative.

Jedi Knight: Male or female human, 98% Light Side choices. I kind of feel like the writers were thinking more about male than female characters, if one judges by the quality of romance options.

Smuggler: I'm really enjoying my Twi'lek female so far. Light Side with mercenary tendencies. And Corso is adorable. :)

Imperial Agent: Chiss, male or female. The storyline works really well with either. My femme agent found the romance option a little strange, though. You can go light or dark but I felt that my neutral "choices that most benefit the Empire" worked out really well.

Sith Warrior: Male Pureblood or Human. Light, dark, or neutral. WARNING: DO NOT CREATE A FEMALE SITH WARRIOR unless you have no interest in a companion romance. Anyone who suggests Quinn as "fun" is lying to you. As a female, you're basically left with no romance option. Class story is somewhat interesting for the lore.

Consular: Female, Sage though I can't comment much about race; they all seem fitting. I tried playing my first one as a DS Shadow and she came off as bat **** crazy, so LS feels a lot more natural.

Smuggler: I get the impression that this one was supposed to he male. Especially if it were based of Han Solo, but my female Twi'lek seems to fit the roll really well. She's lightside for the mos part with a few practical dark side options thrown in. :) A smuggler should be at least a little street savvy.

Imperial Agent: Chiss female for me, though this one seems like gender doesn't really matter, but really an agent should feel vague! She's pretty even with DS/LS options and stared off very pro-empire. Although that changed the further I got in the story.

Sith Inquisitor: My favourite toon. A human assassin. She's body type 1 since I wanted to play a little blond girl who can shoot lightning out of her fingers :D Inthink most of the races with he exception of a pureblood would work nicely here though. Oddly enough she's more light side than any of my other toons (figured that as a timer slave she might have a soft spot for the beat down masses), but isn't above shocking/offing people she doesn't like. Really liked the romance option for the SI too. It felt less forced an more like a natural progression.

Sith Warrior: My only male toon. I made him a Pure blood. He's BT 2 because "if I'm looking at an *** for hours on end it might as well be a nice one." Honestly I made him for the sole purpose of romancing Vette xD. He's played neutral, with a strong sense of honor and "warriors pride."

Chiss Agents work wonderfully - non-humans have more fun, figuratively speaking. Haven't got much of a preference for anything else, though I am pretty fond of my male, body type 4, Rattataki sorcerer. He's light side though and it's like pulling teeth, don't make my mistakes.

I wasn't thinking when I went Shadow, though; suddenly I had a Zabrak with a double-bladed lightsaber, looking at my life, looking at my choices. I tried an electrostaff but I've played too many rogues to give up a backstab in any form. I'll soldier on with my Light side female body type 1 and green color crystals.

Edited by spookysage

Sith Warrior

race: Sith Pureblood; coming probably from the noble family, high social status and visible facial origins

gender: Male; romance options favour a Master and student relationship, also a spark in form of Vette might be an interesting plot if killing your romance interests would be possible, after all she is much more of a light side and her presence probably weakens the Warrior if he is dedicated to the Sith Code ( Malgus all over again )

body build: Tall and muscular, Sith warriors ( Massassi caste ) used to be bigger than those of other castes and considering that Pureblood is a hybrid then there is a possibility that his intellect potential is bigger than that of original warriors so that fits his grim witty jokes

alignment: Dark Side, if warrior has a lot of Sith features and inherited a lot of their genes then probably his call to the Dark Side is strong and blood of conqueror boils in him

Edited by Surinen

I'm currently playing a Lightside Chiss Sith Warrior, and its actually working very well. The Chiss are all about staying in control of your emotions, and have very clear rules of engagement. My Sith never kills those who have surrendered to him, and to Barras's constant annoyance, hands out chances to surrender at every opportunity.

My Warrior is a logical individual, but you sometimes see his darker emotions slipping through what is usually very tight control. He did undergo Sith training after all, and that changes a person.

Edited by spencer_

My characters:

LS Human Smuggler, male, Fast ships, fast credits, and pazzak. Does a smuggler truly need anything more?

DS Cyborg Marauder, male, married Vette, merciless Emperor's Wrath, dares any to oppose his will.

DS Zabrak Inquisitor, male, celibate, only cares about grasping more power. Thinks releasing the Dread Masters was wonderful.

LS Rattataki Powertech, male, will marry Mako, loves fast credits and hates sneaks and people who don't finish the job.

LS Chiss Operative, female, in love with Watcher 2 (best story combination in the game, IMHO, alternatively Sniper)

LS Chiss Sniper, female, celibate, Kaliyo and her love shaking things up.

DS Human Juggernaut, male, detests weaklings, considers Baras a pathetic manipulator.

LS Miraluka Guardian, female, celibate, impatient with obvious criminals and strongly dislikes Hutts.

Let's see, I've only played SI (to Ch 3) and IA (Ch 1) and I've watched my boyfriend play SW (to Ch3) and he and I agreed on the following:

SW: Dark Side pure blood male Sith. It makes perfect sense since pure bloods are well respected and very likely to be aristocracy.

SI: Dark Side anything but Twilek or pure blood because your ancestors are very unlikely to be Twileks and pure bloods are very unlikely to be slaves. Male and female both work since the romance options are both kinda meh. If you play male and want Ashara you should be more LS than DS and the opposite is true for females and Andronikos.

IA: Mildly LS female Chiss. For one the female voice is amazing for agents and matches Chiss wonderfully and two: Agents don't like Sith, who are usually DS. Being LS makes you seem caring but sprinkle in some DS for effectiveness.