How hard is Cybertech?

Lady_of_Steel

Hi, I've been reading the descriptions of crew skills and to me, cybertech sounds really exciting. However I also feel that it sounds alot like WoW's engineering skill. I know that this isn't WoW but I was just concerned as to whether cybertech is as hard as engineering is on WoW.

What I mean by hard:

-So many different materials needed to build things. My bags were always full on WoW. This wouldn't be a problem if all crew crafting skills were similar

-So expensive. Engineering was one of the hardest and most expensive skills to train.

So I'm just hoping for some info from people on how they found training cybertech.

Edited by Lady_of_Steel

Material requirements in SWTOR are minimal. Go hit TorHead or db.darthhater.com and look at the green items you can make. Usually 1-2 sets of materials and something to glue them together (grossly simplifying here).

If you don't worry about reverse engineering items into better schematics, you'll never even need the special materials you get from Underworld Trading.

I didn't notice price differences in training, but was so happy to be in beta, I didn't follow that part closely.

I plan to run Cyber, but haven't decided officially yet. I have 4 crew skills I want to use, and only 3 slots to use. So I have to continue the mental fight over it.

All the crafts are about equal in mat needs for leveling.

This

Without going into too much detail (mainly because I lack the knowledge >.>) all crafting professions should take up about the same amount of bag space and required effort.

Enjoy your Cybertech! ;)

You can always have more than one character to work on the skills. Otherwise, coordinate it with your Guild or close friends so that you have all the skills covered.

Of course there will be some BoP items. You just have to think it through who best to do what: ie. min-max.