Top 5 Servers to Reroll On!

siegedeluxe

Why are we only advertising high to very high populated servers? surely that will not fix the problem these servers already have a good server population. Adding a huge influx to these servers will cause more problems i.e server log in times etc not to mention the effect of guilds having limited managment for raiding groups and favouring regular static groups over new comers.

There are standard populated servers that deserve more of an injection of new talent to become on par with the bigger servers than over bloating the bigger ones. One example is Rogue Moon on Eu

I hope BW does not kill the standard populated servers by allowing free transfers to any old server but gives a choice between a few standard populated and if you realy want to be on a high population server then paid transfer is the way to go.

Even The Fatman, with its great number of rerollers, is losing people. Rerolling on a standard server brings the risk of that server turning into light population in a matter of weeks... The top 3 of heavy populated servers seems the best bet. I rerolled twice already, and I'll be damned if I reroll again or pay for a transfer as in pay for a server population issue I can't do a damn thing about!

I'm loving Jung Ma ... rarely a warzone wait, lots of people leveling on planets, so not hard to find groups for heroics, etc. Also, the community for the most part is more mature than I've seen elsewhere. (RP related?)

And the guilds seem to be strong, wtih many events.

How on earth is Dune Bantha EU on your list?

It's more and more of a ghost town each passing day. Saturday nights don't even see fleets hit 50. Right now, 5pm GMT on a Monday evening, there are 11 people on the Imp Fleet. There is only one guild making EC progress per faction...

Now don't get me wrong, we have a great community and I'd love for more people to join us. Just don't mislead peeps into thinking we're a thriving server!

Easy enough. All that info is in the spreadsheet, here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodFJ2OWN5U0hwaVFBYWdqUUh1WmdZUFE#gid=16

Here are the largest servers sorted by region and type of server as of 5/21/2012.

US East

Jedi Covenant (PvE US East)

The Fatman (PvP US East)

Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East)

Jung Ma (RP PvP US East)

US West

The Harbinger (PvE US West)

The Swiftsure (PvP US West)

Lord Ieldis (RP PvE US West)

Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West)

APAC English

Dalborra (PvE APAC English)

Master Dar'Nala (PvP APAC English)

Gav Daragon (RP PvE APAC English)

EUR English

The Red Eclipse (PvE EUR English)

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP EUR English)

The Progenitor (RP PvE EUR English)

Lord Calypho (RP PvP EUR English)

EUR French

Mantle of the Force (PvE EUR French)

Princess Galia (PvP EUR French)

Kessel Run (RP PvE EUR French)

Huntmaster (RP PvP EUR French)

EUR German

The Jedi Tower (PvE EUR German)

Jar'Kai Sword (PvP EUR German)

Vanjervalis Chain (RP PvE EUR German)

Jen'jidai (RP PvP EUR German)

Mask of Nihilus - PvE U.S. West Coast: day 1 early access server. Was medium/heavy @ 1.2, then went to light when D3 came out - but players are slowly trickling back in. Still a tight community LFM with active FP/HM/OPs LFG chat and a stocked GTN. Once D3 starts losing that new game smell this place will be packed, and 1.3's new LFG tool will rock on this server.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Nihilus/

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-04-17_21_24_45_187500.jpg

Edited by GalacticKegger

2 many servers. not enough people. And this whole "lag" issue on the fatman cuz it has 2k on it.....is bull. That dosnt make any sense. They just need to migrate the servers, make them bigger n better. Have this many servers with so little people on them, and still having lag issues is bullox.

2 many servers. not enough people. And this whole "lag" issue on the fatman cuz it has 2k on it.....is bull. That dosnt make any sense. They just need to migrate the servers, make them bigger n better. Have this many servers with so little people on them, and still having lag issues is bullox.

Yes, we get your point. You can stop copy-paste.

That being said, may I suggest to rerollers the server Jedi Covenant? Hundreds of players already rerolled there over the last four weeks. Our community keeps thriving. So, join the fun join Jedi Covenant!

Edited by Sammm

That being said, may I suggest to rerollers the server Jedi Covenant? Hundreds of players already rerolled there over the last four weeks. Our community keeps thriving. So, join the fun join Jedi Covenant!

Bah, it's PVE, I'll pass.

Wound in the Force, has plenty of queues popping still. It's West Coast PVP
Planning on transferring there. Hopefully there's less Imp carebears there than there are on Jung Ma.

Jung Ma for some great PvP
You're joking right? Wait, you must be a pub... Edited by The_Brick

Why are we only advertising high to very high populated servers? surely that will not fix the problem these servers already have a good server population. Adding a huge influx to these servers will cause more problems i.e server log in times etc not to mention the effect of guilds having limited managment for raiding groups and favouring regular static groups over new comers.

There are standard populated servers that deserve more of an injection of new talent to become on par with the bigger servers than over bloating the bigger ones. One example is Rogue Moon on Eu

I hope BW does not kill the standard populated servers by allowing free transfers to any old server but gives a choice between a few standard populated and if you realy want to be on a high population server then paid transfer is the way to go.

Sorry to tell you guys this, but just because you are on a big server doesn't mean you are the only server that can raid. No where do you see Zaalbar (US West PVE) on either of those lists but we already have 2 guilds that cleared EC HM the first week and 2 more that will probably do it this week.

Server Population has nothing to do with finding a good guild. The fancy tools people are spamming on these posts have nothing to do with a good Guild.

The only thing High population servers have to offer is PvP que times, but honestly who cares to PvP in a game with no incentive to PvP?

I'm on Swiftsure (West Coast PvP), and it's a great server. I rarely have to wait more than a minute or two for lvl 50 PvP queues, even at strange hours. I can only sleep well if I get up and go to sleep at roughly the same time every day. This means I'm up at 6:00 on weekends, and I still almost never get a wait of more than a minute or two for lvl 50 PvP. Pre-50 PvP was even better.

Additionally, our server's faction balance is great. I think there are slightly more imps, but it's really, really close. So you're not going to have trouble finding groups on pub side, and you won't be constantly playing against other imps on imp side.

We are the largest West Coast PvP Server. The only bigger PvP server is Fatman. However, Fatman is an East Coast server and fills up. Swiftsure has good population, but I've never been unable to join because it's full.

Edited by Philosomanic

Rogue Moon EU PVE is still alive and kicking maybe not as good as others regardless of what the numbers say a regular night on imp side gives us 50-60 on fleet.

We have a unique community that helps each other out and this helps keep things steady.

What i have learnt from my experience of listening to numbers and top 20 servers etc is it does not reflect the attitude of the community of these servers and break up of the numbers.

For example i was inquisitive last night and rolled on Red Eclipse voted top safest bet for EU PVE during peak time it was sitting at standard population had 49-60 republic in jedi starter area taking up the brunt of the total republic population online at the time. My conclusion Re- rollers like my inquisitive self producing false numbers.

Like the OP says numbers mean nothing and in my eyes it's the Community Spirit within a Server that makes it a safe bet, when people get along and are good team players people tend to stick around.

I for one can confirm from all those persons iv questioned both imp and republic on Rogue Moon they are mostly all in favour of standing our ground and weathering the storm for sake of losing a good community that is hard to find.

Rogue Moon despite the figures is far from done yet and can only get better with some love from the selective transfer window.

So it looks like the second best East Coast server for PVP is Helm of Graush. Most likely SWTOR will not let you transfer to Fatman, so this would be your next most populated right now. From information taken at http://www.torstatus.net

My personal opinion I think it would be more efficient for SWTOR to do server merges vs character transfers. Then there would be no need to make the "right" choice, to transfer your character to. Even better would be to cut the amount of servers down by server merges. Then allow character transfers, if you please.

Edited by PackersOwner

So it looks like the second best East Coast server for PVP is Helm of Graush. Most likely SWTOR will not let you transfer to Fatman, so this would be your next most populated right now. From information taken at http://www.torstatus.net

My personal opinion I think it would be more efficient for SWTOR to do server merges vs character transfers. Then there would be no need to make the "right" choice, to transfer your character to. Even better would be to cut the amount of servers down by server merges. Then allow character transfers, if you please.

Based on history of mmos, those gaming companies usually use the server merges as a last resort thing. This is a fact, go check. The way I think Bioware is planning to do it is quite logical: first = increase the population cap, second = free transfers, third = paid transfers, fourth = merges. I bet they wanted to start the process much sooner but I think something really wrong and unexpected happened, something out of their control. Anyway, I prefer to stay positive and keep reading about the game developments than login everyday into the forum and keep bashing the game. I'm really looking forward to the months of June and July for SWTOR.

Just my two cents. :)

Edited by Sammm

Rogue Moon EU PVE is still alive and kicking maybe not as good as others regardless of what the numbers say a regular night on imp side gives us 50-60 on fleet.

We have a unique community that helps each other out and this helps keep things steady.

What i have learnt from my experience of listening to numbers and top 20 servers etc is it does not reflect the attitude of the community of these servers and break up of the numbers.

For example i was inquisitive last night and rolled on Red Eclipse voted top safest bet for EU PVE during peak time it was sitting at standard population had 49-60 republic in jedi starter area taking up the brunt of the total republic population online at the time. My conclusion Re- rollers like my inquisitive self producing false numbers.

Like the OP says numbers mean nothing and in my eyes it's the Community Spirit within a Server that makes it a safe bet, when people get along and are good team players people tend to stick around.

I for one can confirm from all those persons iv questioned both imp and republic on Rogue Moon they are mostly all in favour of standing our ground and weathering the storm for sake of losing a good community that is hard to find.

Rogue Moon despite the figures is far from done yet and can only get better with some love from the selective transfer window.

Republic side player here!

Rogue moon is a great server. It has numbers and can hit a standard level of population. But for a PVE server there are a lot of players willing to PVE and everyone is friendly. Plus the Guilds (which I'm not a member of) are awesome.