Some mounts/speeders have lost their unique sound

AlyoshaCephas

Perhaps connected to the silent rocket boost issue, many speeders are now nearly silent again.

The issue is most obvious on speeders such as the Gurian Lightning which used to have a distinct rocket sound, now replaced with a very soft, generic humming that I believe is a standard/generic sound on all speeders. But other mounts, such as the Lhosan series, are also missing their unique sound, left only with a very quiet, generic humming when moving.

Edited by AlyoshaCephas

Thanks for the report! You're right in that it might be related and we'll look into this as well.

Another bug related to speeder sound effects, they can no longer be muted by turning down ambient sounds. Bug first appeared in 1.5, I believe. I've submitted tickets about this as well.

before the last patch, i had this problem all the time with everything in the vehicle folder.

what i noticed was when u mounted and dismounted the sounds were there, but when u moved, the sound stayed where u mounted. Have u updated your sound card? always have the latest stable sound and vid drivers.

heyooo,

i noticed the Gurian Lightning has a "new" sound?

i liked the old one. or is this a bug? hope so :D

first it was like: oh, no sound at all, oh now there is sound, oh now no sound again, oh sound, not...

then: oh, everytime sound! F*** YEAH!

and now: ***? there is sound, but... dont like xD

edit: ohhh, ok...

previous thread:

Some mounts/speeders have lost their unique sound

so i can hope it will be fixed :D

Edited by Amooks

before the last patch, i had this problem all the time with everything in the vehicle folder.

what i noticed was when u mounted and dismounted the sounds were there, but when u moved, the sound stayed where u mounted. Have u updated your sound card? always have the latest stable sound and vid drivers.

i have the problem too, and with the rocket boost.

and the staying mount sound was fixed in 2.2.2

"Sounds now properly follow players when riding a mounted vehicle."

so, no sound card related issue.

bioware screwed up. nothing else :D

pssssssst off-topic:

Known In-Game Issues: Updated July 24th, 2013

"General

While showing off the Stylish Dance emote, players will briefly forget the next move, causing an interruption of the performance."

neeeeed da fix! and for every other dance animation too :D plx plx! xD

Edited by Amooks

i noticed the rocket boost problem wednesday. Glad that they fixed sound for the bikes. I haven't played close attention to which speeder bike sound went with which speeder bike LOL, but it isn't as annoying as it being gone LOL. Hope BW gets these annoying problems fixed soon.