Strongest Jedi?

"Obi-Wan let go. Of everything....And their lightsabers. Startled, Anakin instinctively shifted his Force grip, releasing one wrist to reach for his blade; in that instant Obi-Wan twisted free of his other hand and with the Force caught up his own blade, reversing it along his forearm so that his swift parry of Anakin's thundering overhand not only blocked the strike but directed both blades to slice through the wall against which he stood. He slid Anakin's following thrust through the wall on the opposite side, guiding both blades again up and over his head in a circular sweep so that he could use the power of Anakin's next chop to drive himself backward through the wall, outside into the smoke and the falling cinders."

"Obi-Wan let Anakin drive him toward it. It was a place, he decided, they should reach together."

*I won't quote the mechanical hand incident since it seems you already know about it.

"Anakin kicked off from the toppling superstructure, swing through a wide arc over the lava's boil. Obi-wan shoved out and met him there, holding the cable Anakin flicked a shien whipcrack at his knee's. Obi-wan yanked is legs high and slashed through the cable Anakin's hand, and Anakin fell."

It wasn't until about the halfwya point of the fight did Obi-wan release everything. Obi-wan was the better maybe not the stronger but the better of the two. He was smarter, more patient, etc.

Power isn't just strength and ability. It is also smarts and tactic. If it was Strength and Ability then Obi-wan would have lost so many fights. Its just not Obi-wan's way. If it was, he would have lost to: Anakin, Grevious, Maul, Durge, Ventress and, others.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Obi-Wan let go. Of everything....And their lightsabers. Startled, Anakin instinctively shifted his Force grip, releasing one wrist to reach for his blade; in that instant Obi-Wan twisted free of his other hand and with the Force caught up his own blade, reversing it along his forearm so that his swift parry of Anakin's thundering overhand not only blocked the strike but directed both blades to slice through the wall against which he stood. He slid Anakin's following thrust through the wall on the opposite side, guiding both blades again up and over his head in a circular sweep so that he could use the power of Anakin's next chop to drive himself backward through the wall, outside into the smoke and the falling cinders."

"Obi-Wan let Anakin drive him toward it. It was a place, he decided, they should reach together."

*I won't quote the mechanical hand incident since it seems you already know about it.

"Anakin kicked off from the toppling superstructure, swing through a wide arc over the lava's boil. Obi-wan shoved out and met him there, holding the cable Anakin flicked a shien whipcrack at his knee's. Obi-wan yanked is legs high and slashed through the cable Anakin's hand, and Anakin fell."

It wasn't until about the halfwya point of the fight did Obi-wan release everything. Obi-wan was the better maybe not the stronger but the better of the two. He was smarter, more patient, etc.

Power isn't just strength and ability. It is also smarts and tactic. If it was Strength and Ability then Obi-wan would have lost so many fights. Its just not Obi-wan's way. If it was, he would have lost to: Anakin, Grevious, Maul, Durge, Ventress and, others.

Kenobi's main strength was his use of tactics in battle, he relied on them more than anything, but when it comes to raw power, Anakin was always better.

Kenobi's main strength was his use of tactics in battle, he relied on them more than anything, but when it comes to raw power, Anakin was always better.

Lets compromise. Obi wan was better in strategy, lightsaber forms, tactics etc. Anakin was better in raw force, and whatever I don't know you add.:cool:

Lets compromise. Obi wan was better in strategy, lightsaber forms, tactics etc. Anakin was better in raw force, and whatever I don't know you add.:cool:

Lightsaber forms, no.

Obi-Wan was the master of Soresu, Anakin was the master of Djem-So, I would say they are equals in that regard, polarized.

Regardless of your opinions George Lucas has stated that Anakin was the most powerful force user second only to the emporer.

/thread

Not sure if serious...but no, Lucas NEVER stated this. He said Anakin had the potential, but never reached it. Lol if Anakin was the second most powerful force user, Obi-Wan would have gotten his *** kicked on mustafar.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not sure if serious...but no, Lucas NEVER stated this. He said Anakin had the potential, but never reached it. Lol if Anakin was the second most powerful force user, Obi-Wan would have gotten his *** kicked on mustafar.

Agreed

Plus when Obi-Wan and Anakin were doing the Forcepush, Anakin would have won and not been equally pushed back from the reaction of both them doing it at the same time. Anakins would have just been more powerful and at that time it wasn't.

Anakin still had alot to learn , I feel like he just did not have the time needed to become what he could have been and the Emperor wasn't really teaching anything to keep him below his level.

If Anakin would have never gone to the darkside the way he did and would have learned more he would have not only beat Obi-wan without effort but went on to kill the emperor and rule the galaxy.

I am in belief if anakin was cool headed like he was with Dooku, he would have beat Obi-Wan .

When you mind is everywhere like Anakin's was at the moment of the fight with Obi-Wan , it is hard to be focused.

Anger does cause you to work harder at what you are doing but makes you sloppy in how you do it.

Nomi Sunrider. she is possibly one of the few Jedi to ever "defeat" a Sith Lord and Sith master (Exur Kunn, and Ulric Qel-Droma?)\\

As far as movies, its obviously Yoda.

Nomi sunrider, and in more particular Ulic quel droma is one of my favorites story archs. On pair of exar kuns.

allthough i dont recall Nomi ever facing exar kun in combat, but i might be mistaken, what i recall was her severing ulic quel dromas connection to the force, and gather a republic and jedi forces to siege yavin where Exar kun was. I remember exar kun make some sort of ritual in order to sustain him in stasis, that wiped out his forces.

I dont remember much more on this as i read those comics a while back though.

later on i remember quite well the role of her daughter Vima in the full redepmtion of ulic, by him training her to be a jedi. Even without feeling the force he teach her everything he knew and in the end he was able to become one with the force.

for me however canonly, if you count EU and canon wich is C canon the same as everything connected to the old republic Era. As it stands now it is luke.

if you only count G canon, hum maybe it will be yoda. it isnt anakin because he didnt reach his full potencial, and it isnt luke, because on the time frame of the movies he isnt that much powerfull yet.

Facts aside and feelings on the table, i enjoy greatly the old republic era much more. jedis like Nomi, Revan, and surik pop to mind, master Arca as well, Ulic in his good days. And now satele, i bet once canon the jedi knight of swtor would be worth a mention as well.

Edited by Spartanik

Greatest potential of anyone ever? Was most probably the greatest Dun Moch practitioner ever? If I really thought about it I could probably come up with quite a lot.

Well there's a reason Anakin was not invited onto council; He lacked control, experience, and dedication. These are some of traits that make a Jedi strong and ultimately led to his demise.

So sure he might of had the most potential but potential does not mean strength. It's probable that most of the council members at the time could beat him one way or another.

Note: I'm talking about Anakin Skywalker at the time he was placed on the council by Palpatine; Not after the events of ROTJ when he has fallen The OP clearly states in ROTJ.

Vader was a master of Dun Moch not Anakin. Dun Moch is an inherently dark side tactic not practiced by Jedi. Plus in the context of this thread Vader was not on the council.

Well there's a reason Anakin was not invited onto council; He lacked control, experience, and dedication. These are some of traits that make a Jedi strong and ultimately led to his demise.

So sure he might of had the most potential but potential does not mean strength. It's probable that most of the council members at the time could beat him one way or another.

Note: I'm talking about Anakin Skywalker at the time he was placed on the council by Palpatine; Not after the events of ROTJ when he has fallen The OP clearly states in ROTJ.

Vader was a master of Dun Moch not Anakin. Dun Moch is an inherently dark side tactic not practiced by Jedi. Plus in the context of this thread Vader was not on the council.

Incorrect.

Anakin used it as well, also you are incorrect, Meetra Surik used it to defeat Darth Sion, and she was as Light as the light can be.

You can never win again people who will bend every word and topic all day long.

So lets go by their logic and thinking

Anakin was born a lightSaber master

Anakin at 1 month old could speak

Anakin in EP2 was a master and should have been on the council , the other Jedi were just jealous

Anakin beat Obi-Wan at the end of EP3 , after the fight he decided to take a warm bath in lava after cutting off his own arms and legs

Anakin didn't get tought by Obi-wan , Anakin taught Obi-Wan

Anakin wasn't a Master of anything , if he was he more than likely would not have lost to Obi-Wan . He just was not ready for that fight like he thought , its his character to be full of eqo and think he was better than everyone else.

But he wasn't yet there.

Anakin used it as well, also you are incorrect, Meetra Surik used it to defeat Darth Sion, and she was as Light as the light can be.

Meetra Surik was never a Sith ? I do not see anyone say that ........

Incorrect.

Umm Nothing you highlighted is actually incorrect as far as I know. I don't know of any situation in which Anakin employed Dun Moch before becoming Vader. If you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction there I would be happy to retract that part. Also Dun Moch is a tactic that uses distraction and doubt, seems like an inherently dark tactic to me. I never stated however that Jedi didn't or couldn't use it. I meant it's not common practice within the Jedi order.

Meetra Surik was never a Sith ? I do not see anyone say that ........

I never stated anyone did, I am just stating that it is not just a dark tactic, just that more dark practitioners than light used it, just because of the dangers that came with Dun Moch.

Hum in theory yes you are right but it isnt canon persé or rather no one is sure that is indeed Dun Möch. but i guess she used it against Nihilus. But it is always very hadr to tell if is actualy a technique or just part of the story dialogue etc. I dont know if she use her mental powers on nihilus.

from wookiepedia

However, a common misconception is that Dun Möch was only used by Sith. Like Force Lightning, Dun Möch could also be employed by Jedi in certain circumstances. It is theorized by some that this may have occurred during the confrontation between Darth Sion and the Jedi Exile on Malachor V, though this use did not match the standard usage of Dun Möch and was completely different from any seen before. Sion was not killable by conventional methods, as he was capable of healing his wounds in an instant. The Exile instead used taunts and arguments to erode Sion's will, which in the end caused Sion to sacrifice his own life to the Force.[2] However, most applications of the technique by Jedi had the more benign goal of motivating opponents to surrender, as shown by Obi-Wan Kenobi's taunts of Asajj Ventress during their duel on Teth, though again, this may not have actually been Dun Möch

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dun_M%C3%B6ch

Edited by Spartanik

Ulic Qel-Droma was a bad mammajamma of his day and his character has been everything under the sun in story until the day he died . Wonderful character in Exar Kun story.

As for most powerful Jedi , it would be EU Luke...........the end !

You can never win again people who will bend every word and topic all day long.

So lets go by their logic and thinking

Anakin was born a lightSaber master

Anakin at 1 month old could speak

Anakin in EP2 was a master and should have been on the council , the other Jedi were just jealous

Anakin beat Obi-Wan at the end of EP3 , after the fight he decided to take a warm bath in lava after cutting off his own arms and legs

Anakin didn't get tought by Obi-wan , Anakin taught Obi-Wan

Anakin wasn't a Master of anything , if he was he more than likely would not have lost to Obi-Wan . He just was not ready for that fight like he thought , its his character to be full of eqo and think he was better than everyone else.

But he wasn't yet there.

I like this guy.:D