Marauder Buffs 1.2 ?!!

Audenlol

From what I can gather it seems they are making annihilation even better.

Unofficial and heresay (from guild summit viewers)

Now: Crit from dots heal 1% max health

1.2: Crit from dots heal 3% max health

Annihilate

now: Hits hard if it crits

1.2: Has a 10% chance of hitting twice (fun rng!)

Add anything else that sounds like a reasonable buff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can gather it seems they are making annihilation even better.

Unofficial and heresay (from guild summit viewers)

Now: Crit from dots heal 1% max health

1.2: Crit from dots heal 3% max health

Annihilate

now: Hits hard if it crits

1.2: Has a 10% chance of hitting twice (fun rng!)

Add anything else that sounds like a reasonable buff.

I seriously doubt ANY of these points. Annihilation is a very good spec for Marauders as it is on Live, it doesn't need any changes and certainly not any buffs. If they reduce the dmg on Annihilate but give it a chance to proc twice, Anni marauders wont be able to get the 5k hit medal anymore (not like it matters a whole lot for medals in 1.1.5 anyway, but it is still a very nice personal achievement to hit someone for 5k).

Carnage is the spec that needs buffing, especially it's survivability. If you see a marauder/sentinel in Ataru Form, you've already won the fight. Unless of course you decide to AFK or if you, hopefully you won't, join a WZ with 10-12k HP.

Well, it's unofficial so until we get those patch notes or folks demoing the game comes back in droves with tons of information, im gonna take it with a grain of salt.

I like the 3% heals but is that base? I think you can put points in there that goes up to 2% of your max health.

If thats the case does that mean you can get oup to 6% of your max health back? That would be great.

Edited by Shonuff

I seriously doubt ANY of these points. Annihilation is a very good spec for Marauders as it is on Live, it doesn't need any changes and certainly not any buffs. If they reduce the dmg on Annihilate but give it a chance to proc twice, Anni marauders wont be able to get the 5k hit medal anymore (not like it matters a whole lot for medals in 1.1.5 anyway, but it is still a very nice personal achievement to hit someone for 5k).

Carnage is the spec that needs buffing, especially it's survivability. If you see a marauder/sentinel in Ataru Form, you've already won the fight. Unless of course you decide to AFK or if you, hopefully you won't, join a WZ with 10-12k HP.

This is not a xxx is better than xxxx thread (and i disagree with your assessment on carnage..which given certain conditions is much more fun and burst than anni)

Anyway, I have not heard anything about the other 2 specs of yet.

Also, from one of hte posters suggestions.. lowering the damage on Annihilate would not be worth the 10% chance of it procing twice.

Well, it's unofficial so until we get those patch notes or folks demoing the game comes back in droves with tons of information, im gonna take it with a grain of salt.

I like the 3% heals but is that base? I think you can put points in there that goes up to 2% of your max health.

If thats the case does that mean you can get oup to 6% of your max health back? That would be great.

The 1% is with Berserk. Would effectively boost mara self heal to 5%/sec for 6 seconds.

30% every 20 sec or so ( with defensive form and being hit on, and extra fury on rage spender, you get 30 stack VERY quickly) is WAY OP. Marauder already has awesome survivability.

I call BS on that post.

The 1% is with Berserk. Would effectively boost mara self heal to 5%/sec for 6 seconds.

30% every 20 sec or so ( with defensive form and being hit on, and extra fury on rage spender, you get 30 stack VERY quickly) is WAY OP. Marauder already has awesome survivability.

I call BS on that post.

Call it what you want.

Its just the rumor mill.

Neither of those buffs make the class easier to play.

ehhh i wouldn't get my hopes up too high the only things on mara that need major improvements imo is carnage tree which imo is awful and either needs a damage buff (its damage for me anyway maybe I am doing it wrong is not on par with anni) in some form or a survival buff to put it on par with anni but i got a feeling that with anni having multiple defensive talents that it will not be survival should they work on carnage.

Anni right now imo has better utility (berserk heals help the party it's not much but every little bit helps when Soa is tossing or mind trapping a healer), better survival, and better damage which leaves carnage without a real niche at least the shared tree has better aoe even if juggs do it better.

Call it what you want.

Its just the rumor mill.

Neither of those buffs make the class easier to play.

Do you even have a source before posting something like that?

Because someone says something doesn't make it a rumor mill.

Otherwise, it means anyone can say anything. Rumors come from unconfirmed leaks, so unless you can point something real, then this post is worthless.

Sorry if you find my words harsh, there is no other way to put it in my opinion.

Also marauder is not easy to play, sure, but balance isn't about that, its about capabilities.

30%/15 sec of self-healing, 3 mitigation abilities and an AoE coupled with massive up front damage many tank-class struggle against?

How logic is that?

Annhilation is fine as is. I really hope they buff carnage immensely though--part of the reason marauders were perceived as UP/are perceived as bad on my server is because so many levelling marauders and fresh 50s look at carnage as "THE" tree; not realizing that it is absolute garbage compared to annhilation.

Although that comment from one guy about not having to bring marauders/sentinels to raids anymore because of universal buffs only helps our case *mwahahahahahaha*.

Edited by Anbokr

Holy ****, if they buff anni as the OP stated marauders would be GODLIKE op... Sure I'd enjoy it, but there is no way in hell it would last.

Yeah... I'd rather stay where I am than get overbuffed then nerfed to the ground.

I call BS on that post.

we heal for 30%? news to me. 2% per dot crit. 12% when we pop berserk while in juyo form.

No kidding I mean think about it...

Say annihilate crits 4k.

You hit annihilate, it procs, and both crit.

8k burst right there.

Now imagine you have DS and rupure also running. Let's say they crit too! Easy enough with berserk running.

DS = about 1300

Rupture I forget off the top off my head, but we'll say 600.

That's 9.9k burst, on top of all of your other attacks. And if they get away, they are still bleeding to death while you laugh at them with your defensive CDs up. Viscous throw time!

Edited by CaptainBarbosa

we heal for 30%? news to me. 2% per dot crit. 12% when we pop berserk while in juyo form.

You currently heal for 18%, since you get the 1% from berserk+ 2% from your talent.

Thats (1+2)x6 (stack of berserk)= 18

Berserk gives a sure proc to your talent, and add its own party wide.

You currently heal for 18%, since you get the 1% from berserk+ 2% from your talent.

it would be closer to 15%

im fairly certain the pvp base healing debuff and expertise healing buff both affect our DoT heals

are you sure on that?

The wording seems to be off...

Berserk

Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal YOUR party for 1% of max health each tick.

While Predation reads

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Predation to you and your party. increaseing movement speed by 50%...

No kidding I mean think about it...

Say annihilate crits 4k.

You hit annihilate, it procs, and both crit.

8k burst right there.

Now imagine you have DS and rupure also running. Let's say they crit too! Easy enough with berserk running.

DS = about 1300

Rupture I forget off the top off my head, but we'll say 600.

That's 9.9k burst, on top of all of your other attacks. And if they get away, they are still bleeding to death while you laugh at them with your defensive CDs up. Viscous throw time!

Currently it's like...

1400 DS crits

700 Rupture crits

2500 Annihilates

1200 Vicious slashes...

If Annihilate crits while berserk is going it'll be around 4k damage... so you can get around 6k burst pretty quickly there.

are you sure on that?

The wording seems to be off...

Berserk

Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal YOUR party for 1% of max health each tick.

While Predation reads

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Predation to you and your party. increaseing movement speed by 50%...

Very sure. Berserk heals the party, including you, so does predation and bloodthirst.

Would be rather lame in solo PvE to boost your companion's speed!

And I'm talking raw numbers, not including PvP debuff, trauma etc.

1. Increasing the heal on crit DOTs "from 1% to 3%" (whatever that means, since the talent is 1%/2% and Berserk is 1%/party is retarded. Unless, of course, they remove or nerf one of the mentioned heals. Remove the talent and buff Berserk to 3%, or remove the heal on Berserk and buff the talent to 3/6% (although it should be 2/4% in that case).

2. The RNG on Annihilate is retarded. No one wants to wait 75+ seconds for a proc. Unless Annihilate is spammable / 2r. Even then it's retarded. No one wants to wait 20+ seconds for a proc. Sigh. HEY GUYZ LEZ ADD MOAR ARE EN GEE 4 BETTAR PVP LAWLZ>>>

Very sure. Berserk heals the party, including you, so does predation and bloodthirst.

Would be rather lame in solo PvE to boost your companion's speed!

And I'm talking raw numbers, not including PvP debuff, trauma etc.

Did you read the wording that i posted? "to your party" "to you and your party" < notice a difference there?

Did you read the wording that i posted? "to your party" "to you and your party" < notice a difference there?

Yes, but I assure you it also is a self-heal. First specced carnage till 40, and respecced anni. So for a while, I was using Juyo on DK, and berserk self-healed me. There is nonpossible confusion on that, since, as said, I was specced carnage then and therefore didn't have the talent to heal on DoT outside of it.

If this isn't your point, please clarify.

Yes, but I assure you it also is a self-heal. First specced carnage till 40, and respecced anni. So for a while, I was using Juyo on DK, and berserk self-healed me. There is nonpossible confusion on that, since, as said, I was specced carnage then and therefore didn't have the talent to heal on DoT outside of it.

If this isn't your point, please clarify.

So it does... I never find it noticable though... damn.