Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

So now I'm curious. To the people in this thread who've had this problem, was it your first character? Because Nayelii is my first character made at early release and leveled to 50.

So far I've played through just far enough to make sure the romance was recognized on my Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Knight, Warrior, and Inquisitor and they were fine.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played through the extended chapters yet, but I did notice a number of romanced companions not properly granting romance influence. It would be a good rule of thumb to check and see if they are granting the correct affection. So far, three characters, all of whom were created early on in the games life span have shown the problem. For me it's Bounty Hunter-Mako, Sorcerer-Ashara, and Smuggler-Risha that haven't properly acknowledged being romanced as far as influence goes post-patch.

Interestingly, right before 4.0 dropped, I played through Shadow of Revan with my Bounty Hunter, and got specific dialogue relating to the relationship with Mako. I didn't get any such dialogue with Risha or Ashara, who went through Shadow of Revan after 4.0 dropped.

I guess I'll go through with my Trooper, who romanced Lana in Shadow of Revan after remaining aloof during the main campaign, and some of my other characters whom I'm playing right now, at least until this is fixed. Thanks a ton for posting, OP, I knew something didn't smell right with those gifts not working.

Interesting. I started KotFE on my Smuggler, and when she woke up, she got 2 different letters-one from Corso, the other from Theron(yeah, yeah, I played her DS and had her get with both. Odds are, she's dumping Corso for Theron.) She's not to ch. 9 yet, so I have no idea how that's going to go. But if its a bug for original first-made characters, I'd better leave Jae'nelle out of KotFE till we know this bug is fixed, as well as the bug with the companion locator terminal in the Commander's Room on Odessan. She wants her Pirate back :mad:

There probably a bug. I started the mission on my shadow (my first character) and I never took the romance with Iresso and got a letter from him.

I never flirted with Theron and got a letter from him as well.

So it seems to be some sort of bug as I was under the impression you didn't take any romance or flirt options you wouldn't get a letter but yet I got the letters.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I haven't played through the extended chapters yet, but I did notice a number of romanced companions not properly granting romance influence. It would be a good rule of thumb to check and see if they are granting the correct affection. So far, three characters, all of whom were created early on in the games life span have shown the problem. For me it's Bounty Hunter-Mako, Sorcerer-Ashara, and Smuggler-Risha that haven't properly acknowledged being romanced as far as influence goes post-patch.

Interestingly, right before 4.0 dropped, I played through Shadow of Revan with my Bounty Hunter, and got specific dialogue relating to the relationship with Mako. I didn't get any such dialogue with Risha or Ashara, who went through Shadow of Revan after 4.0 dropped.

I guess I'll go through with my Trooper, who romanced Lana in Shadow of Revan after remaining aloof during the main campaign, and some of my other characters whom I'm playing right now, at least until this is fixed. Thanks a ton for posting, OP, I knew something didn't smell right with those gifts not working.

I went through SoR with my smuggler pre 4.0 and the romance was acknowledged, now courting gifts don't work on risha (but do on akaavi for....some reason) and I'm worried I may have caught this glitch. I don't have early access so I'm not positive yet but I think I might hold off on this expansion for now. Also my smuggler wasn't my first character but he was made early in the games lifespan.also never cheated on risha if that matters, flirted with Lana and the girl from makeb but Never progressed past that.

Edited by Froogleseven

I'm not sure what options you guys were given or picked during the dream sequence, but:

During the dream sequence, I reaffirmed my romance/love for Quinn, Torian, Iresso, Andronikos, Corso, Jorgan, Doc, Vector, and Theron (on my male gunslinger) and I got love letters from all 9 of them. I THINK you must have been faithful to your lover AND pick the option about still being in love and having Valkorian's children separate you and your lover for you to receive the love letters. I got ALL of them from every single one mentioned.

I mean it COULD be a bug, or a few of you chose the 'wrong answer' during the dream sequence.

So it looks like it might be affecting older characters? This might be the start of narrowing it down for the devs (if they care to fix it for us! and I hope they do).

I have an agent that had to re-start SoR after 4.0 because he got reset for some reason or another. He is married to Temple but flirting with Lana atm. He is on Rishi. Maybe I will try to get him into the new stuff and see if Temple registers for him or not. If I get a chance to test him I'll let you guys know.

I took a sad picture of Nayelii in her SH with her hologram Iresso today. She misses him and wants him back :(

I'm not sure what options you guys were given or picked during the dream sequence, but:

During the dream sequence, I reaffirmed my romance/love for Quinn, Torian, Iresso, Andronikos, Corso, Jorgan, Doc, Vector, and Theron (on my male gunslinger) and I got love letters from all 9 of them. I THINK you must have been faithful to your lover AND pick the option about still being in love and having Valkorian's children separate you and your lover for you to receive the love letters. I got ALL of them from every single one mentioned.

I mean it COULD be a bug, or a few of you chose the 'wrong answer' during the dream sequence.

My character was actually faithful (aside from a couple flirts to Theron) and didn't even get the option to affirm her love for Iresso in the dream sequence. I have it recorded. I'll try to get it up and link it soon. I've run through on a few other characters to the dream sequence and it was fine for the ones I've checked up on. I've only encountered this on my Consular so far.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

for those of your characters that it worked on, does courting gifts still work? I've heard that the 2 bugs are unrelated but it would be nice to hear from someone who went through it already.

for those of your characters that it worked on, does courting gifts still work? I've heard that the 2 bugs are unrelated but it would be nice to hear from someone who went through it already.

I don't know if they'll work on them or not. I romanced those companions (aside from Theron) back during 2011 and 2012. I married them around 2012. They were Founder characters, literally, my first ones and they work properly. It HAS to be a bug.

Funny thing is, during Shadow of Revan, I got the lover intros on my Pubs, but not on my Imps (early access).

I'll check with Theron and a courting gift when I go back to my male smuggler.

So it looks like it might be affecting older characters? This might be the start of narrowing it down for the devs (if they care to fix it for us! and I hope they do).

I have an agent that had to re-start SoR after 4.0 because he got reset for some reason or another. He is married to Temple but flirting with Lana atm. He is on Rishi. Maybe I will try to get him into the new stuff and see if Temple registers for him or not. If I get a chance to test him I'll let you guys know.

I took a sad picture of Nayelii in her SH with her hologram Iresso today. She misses him and wants him back :(

Thing is, aside from my male gunslinger I mentioned romancing Theron, all the toons I mentioned are from 2011/2012. I married my companions YEARS ago. I had the founder title when I did those. So I don't know.

Even my consular got the correct thing.

There might be something that was missed, a flag not flagged right. I dunno.

Okay, I have another question. I was just watching my video (which has the audio out of sync..grr) and on Nayelii this is the conversation:

Nevermind, wrong conversation. I am uploading the right conversation showing that she never gets the option at all to mention Felix and I'll link it later or tomorrow for anyone curious.

Edited to correct spoiler content.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Okay, I have another question. I was just watching my video (which has the audio out of sync..grr) and on Nayelii this is the conversation:

Valkorian:You spent your life walking the Jedi path. This is where it led you. Was it worth the journey?

Nayelii can choose: 1. I will not fear the future. 2. Not if I lose my friends. 3. Enough of this nonsense.

I chose #2. I think this might be where the mess up is happening! On my Jedi Knight I told him I would not fear the future and then I could tell him about Doc.

I'll put the video up and if you can stand to watch it being out of sync take a look and let me know if all of you made the same choice. We might be able to track down the fault of this!

No that's the part right before you get to Coruscant. The love thing is when he's giving each of your companions a nickname. Like Doc was 'The Broken Healer'. You were supposed to get the Love dialogue right before or right after all 5 companions are frozen in a matrix bullet time style mid-battle with Zakuul's forces. If you didn't get it, the game didn't recognize you were with Iresso. OR the flirting you did with Lana/Theron, even if it went no where, messed your romance flags up.

so after checking all of my characters, most of them created during the beginning of SWTOR except my trooper which I made a few weeks ago and got to 55, all of them except for my sith warrior and vette (made around 2012) get no influence with their LI and courting gifts. Still don't know if it's related but it affected both my old and new characters so it might not be an age related bug.

A lot of guessing in this thread. Bottom line is the bug needs to be fixed. A romance that players want to keep shouldn't hinge on a vague conversation choice. The romance exists or it doesn't, regardless of any dialog choice.

BioWare will anger a lot of players if they hose the romance storylines for folks. Angry players don't continue playing.

I suggest submitting bug reports on this. Everyone submit one. Flood them with it.

Edited by Autumnpuma

My Sage, whose 1-50 story and romance with Nadia happened way back in 2012, did not get any email or anything in conversation about her in the first 3 or 4 chapters of KotFE.

I know there's a slight difference in a cutscene early on in SoR which would indicate if the game sees if the romance is 'on' or not; unfortunately, I didn't find out about this until later and I can't remember how mine went.

In the last romance conversation, when the 'marry me' option presented itself, I think I clicked something else (maybe that's why it's not working now). But the romance wasn't called off at that point... and I did in fact receive the two romance emails from her talking about marriage sometime after this last conversation.

Now I'm stuck.. if I keep playing KotFE, I'll eventually have to decide to either romance Lana or not to because don't know if I'll get Nadia back.

What a mess Bioware.. is there not just a single flag in your database for this and how do you screw it up?

Edited by RAVM

A lot of guessing in this thread. Bottom line is the bug needs to be fixed. A romance that players want to keep shouldn't hinge on a vague conversation choice. The romance exists or it doesn't, regardless of any dialog choice.

BioWare will anger a lot of players if they hose the romance storylines for folks. Angry players don't continue playing.

I suggest submitting bug reports on this. Everyone submit one. Flood them with it.

Also submitted a report. Let's hope they fix this soon

Yes, a lot of guessing and trying to figure out what caused seemingly random people to get this bug :(

So here is the video showing that Nayelii did not have any choice to affirm her romance with Felix at all. The game appears to treat her as though she romanced no one. I received no letter either.

I *hope* that they've figured out what happened and have it fixed before tomorrow and that it some how fixes it for those of us who have progressed past chapter 9 already.

Please make sure you sent in the bug reports so they know how many are being affected!

*fingers crossed*

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Huh.... So this is it. This is what ends my (I know, I know, don't judge) $8K+ relationship with TOR.

I have been a VERY loyal subscriber since launch, and a player through alpha and beta, and I drop quite a bit on the cartel coins for strongholds, custom gear, etc... and KotFE might finally be the thing that breaks me. First it was the Companion Locator Terminal, and now this.

I don't know if my romances are bugged- I haven't taken the risk of playing through the expansion during early access with anyone BUT a fresh level 60 version of one of my mains, a temp I made just in case NERFPLOP GLITCHES LIKE THIS happen, and glad I did. However, I distinctly recall issues with romance interactions with my trooper, my main bounty hunter, my Sith warrior, (pretty damn sure my knight) and my Imperial agent during the SoR expansion.

I swear, right now, if all my romances are bugged and messed up beyond repair from a near four year status as a player? I just won't care. I'll be done. Seriously, one of the main points of the game is the choice aspect, SO EITHER RESPECT MY CHOICES AND KEEP THEM INTACT, OR DON'T EXPECT ME TO STAY FINANCIALLY INVESTED. :mad:

So, apparently, my Nadia romance on Consular that existed since Day 1 of the game was not acknowledged as well.

However, I had no idea there was supposed to be any acknowledgment.

I hope this gets fixed and added retroactively before Chapter 10 goes live.

I don't think they're going to fix it. It was never fixed for SoR.

I would feel better if the Nadia (and other) romance worked for NO ONE. Then at least there'd be hope of it being fixed. But it works for some and not for others, meaning it's more likely a problem with the data than the code. For the people for whom it is not working (possibly all those that did it a long time ago), whatever is being checked is missing or flagged wrong.

Bioware, surely there is a way to see that the romance was completed. How hard can it be?? How about, since your data about who did a romance appears totally flawed and unreliable, then you assume it ON instead of OFF (at least for those that had only one romanceable companion)? I'm certain that a lot more people actually did the romance than not, and if they didn't, who cares, they could just ignore it if it pops up in their story.

Edited by RAVM

I don't think they're going to fix it. It was never fixed for SoR.

I would feel better if the Nadia (and other) romance worked for NO ONE. Then at least there'd be hope of it being fixed. But it works for some and not for others, meaning it's more likely a problem with the data than the code. For the people for whom it is not working (possibly all those that did it a long time ago), whatever is being checked is missing or flagged wrong.

Bioware, surely there is a way to see that the romance was completed. How hard can it be?? How about, since your data about who did a romance appears totally flawed and unreliable, then you assume it ON instead of OFF (at least for those that had only one romanceable companion)? I'm certain that a lot more people actually did the romance than not, and if they didn't, who cares, they could just ignore it if it pops up in their story.

Actually, they suposedly did fix it cor SoR with 4.0 according to the patch notes. Which took ridiculously long and is no commendable achievement, but it's false to say it was never fixed (...unless it still doesn't work).

And tbh... as much as this bug is terrible and has had me scared to try KotFE (gonna do it anyway now since there was no fix in the notes for tomorrow's patch, sigh), I don't think screwing up *other* people's story is a viable solution. I know I'd be mad if Torian accused my lesbian Hunter of cheating on him with Lana whenever he comes back :|

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it will be fixed soon.

They promised a change for focus on story and companions. Then promptly ripped away the companions we've traveled with (and sometimes romanced) for yrs and replaced them with new ones. And have messed up the romance part of the story for some (in Nayeliis case permanently).

Can't say I'm pleased but at least this line,

"All Companions now properly transfer old Reputation values into Influence. This fix applies retroactively to players who have already encountered older Companions in Knights of the Fallen Empire"

gives me hope that even players who go through the content can still have their romance flags be fixed in the future.