POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

Bakiyo

One of my guildies "Kellog" on home server Prophecy Of The 5 organized a huge Open World PvP attack on the Republic in thier own space port.

My Character:

Name: Sa'vash The Apprentice

race: Pure Blood

lvl: 50

Spec: Warrior/Jugg/Immortal

I just hit 50 recently so exscuse my **** damage and performance I will get better haha.

There was a lot let out because we were out there for like 3 hours, but enjoy what I strung together!

Sorry for the low quality my PC isn't the best at the moment but it won't be this bad for long.

Edited by Bakiyo

These type of videos are always ruined by all the annoying floating names. But I wish this was the only kind of PvP in the game, warzones or battlegrounds always ruin pvp in these kinds of games, because world PvP is usually so much more fun but people almost never do it becuase doing warzones is more convenient.

These type of videos are always ruined by all the annoying floating names. But I wish this was the only kind of PvP in the game, warzones or battlegrounds always ruin pvp in these kinds of games, because world PvP is usually so much more fun but people almost never do it becuase doing warzones is more convenient.

Not to mention World PvP has no reward system. So people will generally funnel into the warzones for the sheer fact its the only way to get gear.

You attacked a spaceport, good for you. But did you need to post on the forums a video of you doing it? Seems like someone needs the verification of others to feel proud of doing something. I do similar things and don't create new threads and post videos because

1.) Its not that hard to do

2.) No one really cares

3.) Other people do the same thing equally if not better.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing a video of you taking down 5 enemies solo in gear equal to yours. So go do that :D

There is a guild out there promoting WPvP and actual guild activities not involving some instance or another. To claim TOR was starving for both of these things would be understatement. What is the response of like, half of the community to this? Littering thread with Huttburt " Waaa wpvp isnt faaaaair " "caaaare?!?!" " aaanyone can doo eeet" BS since they saw a video that wasn't some 2 vs 2 duel@ dawn in some depressing instanced pvp cage.

Significant portion of TOR players have no clue what makes an MMO fun, lively or entertaining. Less BW reads these foorums and feedback, the better.

World PvP doesn't have to be about fairness or balance or waah waah. It is about unleashing hell and havin a blast.

Edited by Stradlin

Let me get this straight.

Your guild (bunch of 50s) attacks Alderaan spaceport. We all know Alderaan is level 30 planet.

So basically you run around killing few level 30s with huge group of level 50s.

Should I be impressed?

Am I missing something here?

Whats next Nar Shaddaa?

Edited by Kesica

World PvP doesn't have to be about fairness or balance or waah waah. It is about unleashing hell and havin a blast.

I agree, but I also don't post videos and forum posts when I unleash hell and have a blast either :D

WPvP is dynamic so fairness shouldn't be an issue, people will always whine but heres the kicker. The more you cry the more fun it is for them. All In All I applaud his raid of the spaceport, but I question his motivation for posting it in the general forums.

I'm all for this. It's utterly shocking... a spark of life in SWTOR!

Of course, it would stink to be a level 30 or so just entering the spaceport and getting ambushed by Imps. But what a great surprise. I am all for this.

Like I said, Gratz on the attack. But don't be surprised when people see this as a brag attempt of something not very brag worthy.

I'm pretty sure this is them promoting their guild rather than bragging. Of course, line between those two is often drawn in water or wherenot. :p From POV of rest of us, tis should be pretty irrelevant. What is more relevant to me is them promoting TOR. Videos like this say " Look, the game isn't dead! People actually do stuff besides ************ about game, fantasizing over yet to be introduced LIs@ forums and running TBC era instances! " to bazillion people currently considering wether TOR deserves another go.

Having said all that, I'd say managing to pull of a guild event and promoting dynamic world events and cross faction...interaction is pretty bragworthy in it's own every-day-heroism -way:P

Edited by Stradlin

This would be sweeter if you could do it on opposing fleets/capital worlds

ToR should really make some vendors hidden away in places like this to encourage a raid/defence into enemy territory once in a while and ensure its not just lowbies who are getting stomped there.

It's funny how many people think warzones are the be all and end all of PvP these days. No idea why people need a reward to make them PvP. In most games I've played, fun and bragging rights were enough to get people out into the world and fighting over areas. Now it seems if you aren't working on your gear grind its just dismissed as pointless.

Good on you for taking some initiative and making something happen.

This would be sweeter if you could do it on opposing fleets/capital worlds

ToR should really make some vendors hidden away in places like this to encourage a raid/defence into enemy territory once in a while and ensure its not just lowbies who are getting stomped there.

It's funny how many people think warzones are the be all and end all of PvP these days. No idea why people need a reward to make them PvP. In most games I've played, fun and bragging rights were enough to get people out into the world and fighting over areas. Now it seems if you aren't working on your gear grind its just dismissed as pointless.

Good on you for taking some initiative and making something happen.

Just wait for the 1.5 update, random spawns for Hk components and vendors on planets that sell a few should add up to some fun world pvp for at least a little while.

I'm all for this. It's utterly shocking... a spark of life in SWTOR!

Of course, it would stink to be a level 30 or so just entering the spaceport and getting ambushed by Imps. But what a great surprise. I am all for this.

I watched his targets and I saw lvl 50's most of the time. (hope it wasn't my eyes lol). Gratz on this. I would have welcomed that even if I was only LvL30. At least some one cares enough to have fun. Looked like the Reb's called in some ppl after a while also. If so thats even better, thats what a pvp server is all about.

Your guild (bunch of 50s) attacks Alderaan spaceport. We all know Alderaan is level 30 planet.

Should I be impressed?

Whats next Nar Shaddaa?

THIS

Now go attack Corellia or Ilum space port. Then I might not yawn.

LOL. Watched the vid. The video maker was getting beat down on the ramp 1-on-1 until 5 or 6 of his friends showed up to bail him out. LOL

I don't think the OP was spotlighting there PvP skills. I think they were just having fun. I liked it esp. with the trailer in the beging, nice touch. If I was on I would have ran there with my lvl43 rep toon just to have fun. Get owned and run back :) Theres a big difference bettween this and a lvl50 camping the medic out side the temple on Voss. Glad I have a toon or 2 on POT5. I'd hop on the losing factions toon for fun.

I say bravo, and wish there was more of this. Raids like this make the world feel more alive and vibrant IMO, and really liven up things in games.

Hopefully we see more of this kind of thing in the future.

actually, there IS a lot more of this going on on POT5, usually organised, but more often than not... well.. let's just say it doesn't look like in the video.

not sure what exactly the OP is trying to accomplish, either. a few people of my guild went there, and left again because it was just too stupid, too much cursing and calling names going on and all that...

definitely not a good way to represent the server - but there are lots of other examples where people actually had quite some fun opvp action.

(I wonder why there's no video of myself and a guild mate killing a world boss .while. being attacked by two imps. needless to say we owned them ...)

Should I be impressed?

Whats next Nar Shaddaa?

Yes, you should be impressed. These guys went out of their way to create world PvP...an event that ANYONE could participate in.

I'm sorry I missed it guys. I'm on POT5, but didn't hear about it. I'll certainly try to make the next one.

Thank you for doing something to promote PvP.