Assassin today?

Lokyhj

You can focus a guardian through reflect + FD very easily with 2 or more people.

I dont know why but all the juggs main out there...they dont want to acknowledge or are just blind on these eyes that they are actually the flavour of the month...

This quote is just so..... ridiculous :D

YOU CAN FOCUS ALL CLASSES EASILY WITH TWO OR MORE CAPABLE PLAYERS THROUGH ALL KIND OF DCD :rak_04:

why do you think that almost 40% of each match are juggs/guardians at the moment?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things that killed sin dps in PVP are:

Grand Theft Phasewalk

Removal of 30% Stun DR

Overnerfing of burst capability

Whether or not jugs have an ED that isn't effing useless has nothing to do with it.

Make sin dps great again:

give back stun DR, give back phasewalk, give back extra duplicity on low slash. Fixed.

I dont know why but all the juggs main out there...they dont want to acknowledge or are just blind on these eyes that they are actually the flavour of the month...

This quote is just so..... ridiculous :D

YOU CAN FOCUS ALL CLASSES EASILY WITH TWO OR MORE CAPABLE PLAYERS THROUGH ALL KIND OF DCD :rak_04:

why do you think that almost 40% of each match are juggs/guardians at the moment?

Try focusing a merc through reflect. He can deal with focus. Heck a sentinel has an actual disengage. The classes with no functional anti-focus tool are guardian and PT. And i had a match last night against 3 maras, 2 sins, a oper healer, a merc, and a sniper. Is that supposed to imply something about class balance?

Try focusing a merc through reflect. He can deal with focus. Heck a sentinel has an actual disengage. The classes with no functional anti-focus tool are guardian and PT. And i had a match last night against 3 maras, 2 sins, a oper healer, a merc, and a sniper. Is that supposed to imply something about class balance?

If you can consistently produce screen shots on a day to day showing the team makeups a pattern can emerge. Right now the pattern is heavy on Mercs jugs and snipers as its been for the past what year almost 2.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

If you can consistently produce screen shots on a day to day showing the team makeups a pattern can emerge. Right now the pattern is heavy on Mercs jugs and snipers.

We have no means of truly verifying these statistics on class makeup without our own inherant confirmation bias getting in the way. Mine as much as anyones thus the reason i do not talk about numbers of each class when talking class balance.

Besides which, i hazard a guess people still play dps sorcs too, because force lightening/palpatine, and is anyone claiming they're OP? Indeed, i had a ops group the other day with 4 dps sorcs, does that mean they're FOTM for ops? (See, confirmation bias).

Numbers without context are irrelevant. Potentially confirmation biased numbers attempting to prove a point are even more irrelevant.

You can look back through my post history from the last year, i have never once called mercs fotm. I have always said they were op defensively or something i could in fact speak to without hinting at numbers i have no way of knowing.

You will notice i also never went off on nonsensical things like bilateral vectors or talked about things i obviously had no idea how they worked like geosynchronous orbits.

Edited by KendraP

awe dude please tell me you actually have read what I have been writing. I ain't saying it rises to the level of merc or sniper but it still break trinity! BUT to clarify NERF THEM ALL!

Personally I think that Juggs are in a good place. It's just assassins who are not up to par and the defenses of the Merc, most of them should be on the POWERTECH, not a Merc.

I say assassins got overnerfed and some of them should be undone.

My 2 cents. And quite frankly the "holy trinity" got broke LONG ago and EA has shown zero plans on fixing it and as such should basically be balanced along the paradigm we have going, not being shoe horned back into what once was.

It's dead Jim. Let it be dead.

Personally I think that Juggs are in a good place. It's just assassins who are not up to par and the defenses of the Merc, most of them should be on the POWERTECH, not a Merc.

My 2 cents. And quite frankly the "holy trinity" got broke LONG ago and EA has shown zero plans on fixing it and as such should basically be balanced along the paradigm we have going, not being shoe horned back into what once was.

I think assassins got overnerfed and that some of them should be undone too, if BW refuses to make all dps squishier. Taking phase walk from sins was a crappy move.

I also think PT needs (probably the most) defensive help.

I also think guardians are in no way as op as mercs definsively and that is all i ever wanted to get across. Guardians lack a reliable anti-focus (but our self heal heals to full or close to it, unlike kolto). But both classes lack the reliable antifocus every other melee dps (and most ranged) classes have: sin/oper/mara stealth, merc reflect, sorc god bubble, etc.

Edited by KendraP

Hey, I'd be happy with giving us the dmg we were doing before they decided we needed a nerf. Hell, a jug fires off his raging burst and half my health is gone! To be honest for a melee class they sure have a lot of abilities that hit at 10 meters which makes trying to kite one difficult. Even worse if they have a lot of utilities that remove roots/slows. This is my issue they can do insane dmg but aren't glass cannons we're the glass cannons and they nerf our dmg....... really dev's?

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Hey I'd be happy with giving us the dmg we were doing before they decided we needed a nerf . Hell a jug fires off his raging burst and half my health is gone! To be honest for a melee class they sure have a lot of abilities that hit at 10 meters which makes trying to kite one difficult. Even worse if they have a lot of utilities that remove roots/slows. This is my issue they can do insane dmg but aren't glass cannons we're the glass cannons and they nerf our dmg....... really dev's?

i think you're confusing juggs and maras, also seriously some intelligible sentences would help your case tremendously.

as someone who plays every guardian spec... if i want to pvp on focus... i swapt to my concentration sent.

Edited by KendraP

I do not think stealth is an instant win button, anymore than I think FD is. I do think, however, that if sins had self heals to the level of FD (or worse mercs) they would be op because they also have the capability of stealthing. Like it or not, the stealth is a factor that must be balanced around. See also the king of 1v1 - operatives. (I am not jumping on any #nerfoperatives bandwagon, i am saying they are good 1v1).

https://imgur.com/a/WS1mSY2

Sins were not supposed to lose PW, 30% DR while stunned and get their damage nerfed. I'm scared to think about what BW will do if they listen to our complaints, I don't need any self heals, I'm ok with class being squishy as long as our escape/untifocus tools are ipmroved/damage buffed. Right now we have stealth, but mara's camo+pred is pretty mutch the same thing if you know whuch hole run into.

Regarding juggs- things Kendra is saying are 100% correct imo. I know you shouldnt make conclusions based on arenas, but who do you focus first nowdays? PTs---> Sins/Juggs. All will melt, sin can run once, for sure, but he has to come back to dps, right?

Juggs are usually dead meat despite buffed ED and other dcds. Comparing them to mercs is just dumb.

Edited by zhezvya

The things that killed sin dps in PVP are:

Grand Theft Phasewalk

Removal of 30% Stun DR

Overnerfing of burst capability

Whether or not jugs have an ED that isn't effing useless has nothing to do with it.

Make sin dps great again:

give back stun DR, give back phasewalk, give back extra duplicity on low slash. Fixed.

Hitting "vote best comment" button so hard

Sins were not supposed to lose PW, 30% DR while stunned and get their damage nerfed. I'm scared to think about what BW will do if they listen to our complaints, I don't need any self heals, I'm ok with class being squishy as long as our escape/untifocus tools are ipmroved/damage buffed. Right now we have stealth, but mara's camo+pred is pretty mutch the same thing if you know whuch hole run into.

Regarding juggs- things Kendra is saying are 100% correct imo. I know you shouldnt make conclusions based on arenas, but who do you focus first nowdays? PTs---> Sins/Juggs. All will melt, sin can run once, for sure, but he has to come back to dps, right?

Juggs are usually dead meat despite buffed ED and other dcds. Comparing them to mercs is just dumb.

Why do you assume that classes need anti focus tools ? Anti focus tool is just FOTM.. instant I win class. Remove antifocus from mercs and we're fine.

With anti focus it's simple. You either give it to everyone, otherwise one or two classes will have it which will make the game unbalanced. Look at mercs... Why do they need so much self healing as dps ? I don't get it.. It's stupid and illogical.

Jugg is not comparable to mercs but they are in a much better spot than assasins are. Sin is just trash... They never ever needed any nerfs. Deception was killing almost as fast as a fury marauder. but guess bioware employees play mercs and snipers... By nerfing sins they created an even bigger gap between melee and ranged, with fury being the best melee spec at the moment. the others are just meh.... Vigi is second Imo. But of course Kendra won't agree and will keep insisting that Jugg is trash and needs some FOTM abilities.

i think you're confusing juggs and maras, also seriously some intelligible sentences would help your case tremendously.

as someone who plays every guardian spec... if i want to pvp on focus... i swapt to my concentration sent.

Well since you love to play grammar Nazi and throw brick(s) at glass houses......Here's what you wrote:

All spelling errors in RED

Petty little %&6 that can’t form a decent argument so instead nitpicks on minor grammar errors while committing gross spelling errors! If you’re going to call me out for 2 Grammatical errors, then at least run a spell check you hypocrite!

Those that live in glass house shouldn't throw bricks!

And no i wasn't confusing Juggernaut with Marauder you don't play a assassin so you don't get it.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

We have no means of truly verifying these statistics on class makeup without our own inherant confirmation bias getting in the way. Mine as much as anyones thus the reason i do not talk about numbers of each class when talking class balance.

Besides which, i hazard a guess people still play dps sorcs too, because force lightening/palpatine, and is anyone claiming they're OP? Indeed, i had a ops group the other day with 4 dps sorcs, does that mean they're FOTM for ops? (See, confirmation bias).

Numbers without context are irrelevant. Potentially confirmation biased numbers attempting to prove a point are even more irrelevant.

You can look back through my post history from the last year, i have never once called mercs fotm. I have always said they were op defensively or something i could in fact speak to without hinting at numbers i have no way of knowing.

You will notice i also never went off on nonsensical things like bilateral vectors or talked about things i obviously had no idea how they worked like geosynchronous orbits.

<FACE PALM> That post about bilateral vectors was an Elfin joke......I wish i spoke idiot so I could better communicate with you! So, I'll break it down for the GFS............A Sins (that's Assassins for the GFS) DPS is based on PROC’s and when they all happen at once you get the BIG HIT!....... so, when the stars align is kind of apt. So, when I was referring to bilateral orbits and vectoring stuff it was sarcasm tongue and cheek geeky humor alluding to everything aligning only you would take it literally! Since we're on the subject of Cosmology , Seems you have a lot in common with a super massive black hole(s). (Pssst >>>>>>they're really really really dense)

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

SIn's can run once for sure is not true. Sins can cloak if they have shroud of madness they "might get away" Provided AOE melee abilities are not used. If they don't take that ability then anything will pop them out of stealth. So to say they can run "For Sure" simply isn't true, a gross over simplification. Simple fact is there's a very high probability if we cloak out we get revealed either by an AOE melee, stealth detection or DOT in cases where Shroud of madness isn't used. Either case the end result is we end up dead even faster than a jug would.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Why do you assume that classes need anti focus tools ? Anti focus tool is just FOTM.. instant I win class. Remove antifocus from mercs and we're fine.

With anti focus it's simple. You either give it to everyone, otherwise one or two classes will have it which will make the game unbalanced. Look at mercs... Why do they need so much self healing as dps ? I don't get it.. It's stupid and illogical.

Jugg is not comparable to mercs but they are in a much better spot than assasins are. Sin is just trash... They never ever needed any nerfs. Deception was killing almost as fast as a fury marauder. but guess bioware employees play mercs and snipers... By nerfing sins they created an even bigger gap between melee and ranged, with fury being the best melee spec at the moment. the others are just meh.... Vigi is second Imo. But of course Kendra won't agree and will keep insisting that Jugg is trash and needs some FOTM abilities.

Totally agree!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

SIn's can run once for sure is not true. Sins can cloak if they have shroud of madness they "might get away" Provided AOE melee abilities are not used. If they don't take that ability then anything will pop them out of stealth. So to say they can run "For Sure" simply isn't true, a gross over simplification. Simple fact is there's a very high probability if we cloak out we get revealed either by an AOE melee, stealth detection or DOT in cases where Shroud of madness isn't used. Either case the end result is we end up dead even faster than a jug would.

Again, speaking of arenas.

If you don't use Shroud of Madness in this meta you may as well delete your sin.

I see what you mean by “a gross over simplification”, but I'm not gonna list all the possible scenarios like playing against 2+ mercs/snipers which can result to you being quickly unstealthed, but I assume in most cases if sin is your main, you should be aware of when and how to use Force Cloak to escape successfully.

FYI, I play Hatred mostly, and I’m in great pain.:(

<FACE PALM> That post about bilateral vectors was an Elfin joke......I wish i spoke idiot so I could better communicate with you! So, I'll break it down for the GFS............A Sins (that's Assassins for the GFS) DPS is based on PROC’s and when they all happen at once you get the BIG HIT!....... so, when the stars align is kind of apt. So, when I was referring to bilateral orbits and vectoring stuff it was sarcasm tongue and cheek geeky humor alluding to everything aligning only you would take it literally! Since we're on the subject of Cosmology , Seems you have a lot in common with a super massive black hole(s). (Pssst >>>>>>they're really really really dense)

Well, seeing as bilateral vectors aren't a thing and geosynchronous orbits require very specific orbital altitudes to function, the joke was entirely nonsensical. Almost as nonsensical as a bilateral orbit. Had you said "when the stars align" i probably would not have replied.

There are 3 laws governing orbits, called kepler's laws. They are:

1. Orbits are, in general, elliptical with the sun at one focal point. (A circular orbit is a specific type of elliptical orbit).

2. A line connecting the sun and the planet draws out equal areas during equal time spans. (This can be best explained using integrals, i.e. areas under a curve).

3. The square of the planet's orbital period is equal to the cube of the orbit's semi-major axis.

Since (again) bilateral means that something has or affects 2 sides, what kind of orbit is bilateral? And how is throwing around terms you obviously do not understand supposed to be humorous?

Also this would fall into the category of orbital mechanics, as it involves the "mechanics" of orbits. This (and more interestingly in my opinion, rocket staging) are topics i know quite a bit about.

Black holes i would argue fall into the more general category of astronomy than cosmology (astronomy is a very broad field, incorporating the study of practically everything in the universe; cosmology is more specific, dealing with the nature of the universe- how it began, grew to what it is today, and how it will end). Understanding much about black holes requires an understanding of general relativity, which is not something i understand.

However to my limited understanding, a black hole has 3 independent properties: (1) mass, (2) electric charge, and (3) angular momentum.

Density is mass / volume, so if the black hole has no volume, how can it have a density?

Again, i have no knowledge of Einstein level physics. But black holes essentially work by having strong gravitational effects, so strong that nothing can escape it. In a Newtonian sense, this would be dependent strictly upon the black hole's mass and the distance of an object from it, as:

Fg = G (m1 * m2) / (r ^ 2)

I also note it is entirely plausible (even likely) that the relatively simple Newtonian view of gravity simply falls apart where black holes are involved, and more complicated Einstein/relativity physics are required in an attempt to explain the gravitational force of a black hole.

Either way, unless you are claiming to have some knowledge of general relativity or quantum mechanics (or greater insight into the weakest and possibly least understood of the 4 fundamental forces (gravity, the other 3 being electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces)), your joke is once again, completely nonsensical.

Well, seeing as bilateral vectors aren't a thing and geosynchronous orbits require very specific orbital altitudes to function, the joke was entirely nonsensical. Almost as nonsensical as a bilateral orbit. Had you said "when the stars align" i probably would not have replied.

There are 3 laws governing orbits, called kepler's laws. They are:

1. Orbits are, in general, elliptical with the sun at one focal point. (A circular orbit is a specific type of elliptical orbit).

2. A line connecting the sun and the planet draws out equal areas during equal time spans. (This can be best explained using integrals, i.e. areas under a curve).

3. The square of the planet's orbital period is equal to the cube of the orbit's semi-major axis.

Since (again) bilateral means that something has or affects 2 sides, what kind of orbit is bilateral? And how is throwing around terms you obviously do not understand supposed to be humorous?

Also this would fall into the category of orbital mechanics, as it involves the "mechanics" of orbits. This (and more interestingly in my opinion, rocket staging) are topics i know quite a bit about.

Black holes i would argue fall into the more general category of astronomy than cosmology (astronomy is a very broad field, incorporating the study of practically everything in the universe; cosmology is more specific, dealing with the nature of the universe- how it began, grew to what it is today, and how it will end). Understanding much about black holes requires an understanding of general relativity, which is not something i understand.

However to my limited understanding, a black hole has 3 independent properties: (1) mass, (2) electric charge, and (3) angular momentum.

Density is mass / volume, so if the black hole has no volume, how can it have a density?

Again, i have no knowledge of Einstein level physics. But black holes essentially work by having strong gravitational effects, so strong that nothing can escape it. In a Newtonian sense, this would be dependent strictly upon the black hole's mass and the distance of an object from it, as:

Fg = G (m1 * m2) / (r ^ 2)

I also note it is entirely plausible (even likely) that the relatively simple Newtonian view of gravity simply falls apart where black holes are involved, and more complicated Einstein/relativity physics are required in an attempt to explain the gravitational force of a black hole.

Either way, unless you are claiming to have some knowledge of general relativity or quantum mechanics (or greater insight into the weakest and possibly least understood of the 4 fundamental forces (gravity, the other 3 being electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces)), your joke is once again, completely nonsensical.

General relativity predicts that as an object collapses to form a black hole, it will eventually reach a point of infinite density in general and thus the joke. The fact you lack the ability to understand the joke just proves your an educated idiot.

An Educated Idiot is a person that went to college, but is dumber than a rock. The Educated Idiot feels like he/she is smart.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

If you say something tongue in cheek, you intend it to be understood as a joke, although you might appear to be serious:

Figurative language is any figure of speech which depends on a non-literal meaning of some or all of the words used. There are many types of figurative language, including literary devices such as simile, metaphor, personification, and many pun examples, to name just a few.

The definition of figurative language is opposite to that of literal language, which involves only the “proper” or dictionary definitions of words. Figurative language usually requires the reader or listener to understand some extra nuances, context, allusions, etc. in order to understand the second meaning.

(and both cosmology and astronomy would both be applicable both study super massive black holes)

http://www.ctc.cam.ac.uk/research/black_holes.php

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I don't think you comprehend your own link.

Hes not talking about density in its usual sense. The usage of quotes on "size" when he talks about the schwarzchild radius and then quotes again on "density" are interesting because it implies there is more to what he's saying than the literal/mathematical definition of those terms.

His definition of the volume of a black hole is broadly based on this schwarzchild radius, which depends on the mass of thr black hole in question, which is apparently essentially the limit at which you can escape the black hole. This implies this is an indirect measurement of force or velocity (i.e. "escape velocity" in orbital mechanics).

He also concludes with "might as well be." If the distribution of matter within the sphere formed by the schwarzchild radius is irrelevant, why that particular choice of words?

This all implies one thing: that black holes are particularly not well understood.

I find your link very interesting, but it doesnt help prove your point. What is "quantum gravity"? Does it tie gravity into the other 3 fundamental forces? How does it relate to black holes? Is the author saying that a black hole exists in both an infintesimal volume (thus leading to infinite density) and has the "size" of a schwarzchild radius (leading to a density defined by the equation he uses) simultaneously? If you can't tie down the "size", how do you tie down the volume, and by extension the density? It still seems density in black holes is something that is not well understood, if it in fact physically exists as we understand density in other mediums (i.e. atmospheric density).

Edited by KendraP

The article was moot the fact that it's the Centre for theoretical Cosmology discussing black holes isn't!

General relativity predicts that as an object collapses to form a black hole, it will eventually reach a point of infinite density in general and thus the joke.

Again educated idiot not seeing the obvious! but here maybe this will help.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

• 2 months later...