Old Shool PVPer looking

Merx

Hey all, I'm an old school Founder PVPer from the days of Galaxies and SWTOR's Release. Been out of the game for a bit. 3 Guilds merged and jumped over here to SWTOR pre-release. Those guilds in Galaxies were FREE, GANK and JG. We became BOW (Brethren of War) in SWTOR but it's now long gone and PVE just doesn't cut it for me. I am looking to get involved in the score settling PVP world again and want the best server for it as well as the craziest bad ***** (reputable) guild I can find to get involved with. Looking at what is coming down the line here in SWTOR I am seeing some resemblances to the old "Galaxies" PVP style of game play and am very excited about getting involved. My biggest question is where to start looking? Arena's and Instances are ok, but PVP all the time and anywhere, at the drop of a hat, full throttle PVP is where my heart is. Light side preferably just because I have been an IMP killer for so many years. Why stop now?

Hey all, I'm an old school Founder PVPer from the days of Galaxies and SWTOR's Release. Been out of the game for a bit. 3 Guilds merged and jumped over here to SWTOR pre-release. Those guilds in Galaxies were FREE, GANK and JG. We became BOW (Brethren of War) in SWTOR but it's now long gone and PVE just doesn't cut it for me. I am looking to get involved in the score settling PVP world again and want the best server for it as well as the craziest bad ***** (reputable) guild I can find to get involved with. Looking at what is coming down the line here in SWTOR I am seeing some resemblances to the old "Galaxies" PVP style of game play and am very excited about getting involved. My biggest question is where to start looking? Arena's and Instances are ok, but PVP all the time and anywhere, at the drop of a hat, full throttle PVP is where my heart is. Light side preferably just because I have been an IMP killer for so many years. Why stop now?

This game isn't half the game galaxies was (Pre-CUE) but admittedly the pvp style has grown on me a bit. There are some issues but overall it works quite well. The best thing about Galaxies was that PVP was open world all the time. You could be covert or overt. If you were a bad *** you'd be overt all the time. You'd raid bases or faction towns. Fun stuff like that. SWTOR open world pvp is about ganking lowbies or guys doing quests on Oricon. Really gay ****. It's not the same at all.

Edited by chosonman

If a group make a regular habit of being PVP all the time, and dominates, then it is only a matter of time before an opposing faction rally's a group to try and knock them down. :) It looks like with what is coming in the next expansion we will be fighting for control on a wider scale. ;-) I like the Idea of giving folks a reason to fight back. ;-) Edited by Merx

Looking at what is coming down the line here in SWTOR I am seeing some resemblances to the old "Galaxies" PVP style of game play and am very excited about getting involved.

This games PvP has no resemblance of SWG PvP.

Minus BF's & WZ's, maybe...

This games PvP has no resemblance of SWG PvP.

Minus BF's & WZ's, maybe...

I'm aware that it is different from Galaxies and will never be galaxies. But what I am reading about the new expansion there will be some new elements added to the Game that resemble the days of old. Housing, strongholds, Planetary control etc. All new things to protect, take, and dominate. No?

I'm aware that it is different from Galaxies and will never be galaxies. But what I am reading about the new expansion there will be some new elements added to the Game that resemble the days of old. Housing, strongholds, Planetary control etc. All new things to protect, take, and dominate. No?

I'm interested in seeing more on planetary control. I doubt any pvp dominance-type mechanics will be a deciding factor for anything though.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So there are no PVP guilds that run around beating the snot out of each other just being PVP all the time for fun? For no reason other than to talk smack and brag about who is the best or not?

So there are no PVP guilds that run around beating the snot out of each other just being PVP all the time for fun? For no reason other than to talk smack and brag about who is the best or not?

No, this game is mostly just a single player game that other people also happen to play, and usually those people just ruin your experience because they're idiots.

Sadly, this game is thoroughly in the crapper, and there's no way to play it and afterwards NOT feel like a turd.

If you mean like around launch when we ran around all day raiding/denying and pissing on each other's legs I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. Same for spontaneous or planned stuff worth mentioning. Might want to check individual server forums too. If there's any semblance of regular OW battling going on and rivalry it'd probably be talked about there.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I rather have BW introduce MMO to their pvp than wait ten years to see if the next Star Wars project adds a bunch of sand to the open box. These LANs disguising themselves as MMOs got old quick, ever since Blizzard introduced sideshow instances for endgame. Bad BW for wanting to be like WoW! Now the codes are to messed up and limited resources to learn old skool.

Some of the best pvp daysI had was in SWG & Daoc.

Silly wow spawns....you ruined MMOs for us who are long in the MMO tooth.

Edited by Josewales

Ah man my guild and I reminisced about the old days of SWG for a good 2 hours last night. We all miss that game. Even with all its bugs, it was still a better game than SWTOR . We spent a lot of time talking about stories from the game too. Which is hwo you know you're playing a good MMO. When years go by and you have stories to tell that involve a lot of other players/people. Anyone have any stories from SWTOR? Meaningful ones? I can't think of any, and I've been here since launch.

The only thing good about SWTOR are the graphics and the combat (which is actually fun). But just about everything else sucks :(

Edited by SOULCASTER

Ah man my guild and I reminisced about the old days of SWG for a good 2 hours last night. We all miss that game. Even with all its bugs, it was still a better game than SWTOR . We spent a lot of time talking about stories from the game too. Which is hwo you know you're playing a good MMO. When years go by and you have stories to tell that involve a lot of other players/people. Anyone have any stories from SWTOR? Meaningful ones? I can't think of any, and I've been here since launch.

The only thing good about SWTOR are the graphics and the combat (which is actually fun). But just about everything else sucks :(

"Assist" I miss Elazar. :(

/end

:D