Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread needs to be continually bumped until we get an answer.

Tho i dont think flaming bioware will help our cause any further we just need to make sure they know were here and waiting but we wont wait forever i know alot of my guild are really looking at other games and our attendance in prime time is slowly dwindling as people find less and less reasons to log on

I'm still confused koz we KNOW u can do transfers..........how is it taking this long when u already have the method in place????

Is this a new transfer system or the transfer system for making copies on the PTS before they released Makeb, because it was regularly causing faults and errors with transfering characters costing valuable manhours of manual fixing. Between that and the state of Harbringer they are a long way from technically ready for this merger.

Is this a new transfer system or the transfer system for making copies on the PTS before they released Makeb, because it was regularly causing faults and errors with transfering characters costing valuable manhours of manual fixing. Between that and the state of Harbringer they are a long way from technically ready for this merger.

Thay have a system from when they opened the apac servers the apac players were allowed to xfer here from US servers and it ran smoothly

Thay have a system from when they opened the apac servers the apac players were allowed to xfer here from US servers and it ran smoothly

That was a manual system that took a staggered over short time implimentation and still had issues and complaints requiring manual fixes. Since then we have expanded legacy, reputation, and achievements as well as all the character changes going F2P, CCs and the CM, and 2.0 brought us. With all the cut backs on personel they obviously not want to waste man hours on closing us down.

As Eric has stated in his last post, we will get our choice of destination transfer before the APAC servers are closed, we can only assume he means for us to be using the automated transfer system they have been talking of since release and never made working yet. A system they have said nothing since I think SotG2 which was that it will be coming this year.

The biggest issue out of everything is that they put some info about us getting transfers close to 2 months ago... and yet there has been no new information about what is going on.

Not even a "So yeah guys still looking into this one for you - nothing new just letting you know we are still working on it!"

I thought this was where we got community engagement - eric must have us on Ignore!

9/21/2012 (pg 9) Joveth - listening to concerns, "evaluating this in the next few days."

...over 2 weeks pass...

10/9/2012 (pg 47) Joveth - "no new information"

....a month later...

11/6/2012 (pg 88) Joveth - "now you have the latest on our plans."

...over 2 months later...

1/16/2013 (pg 194) Joveth - "I know it's been awhile since we updated this thread,..." please give us your ideas

...a week later...

1/25/2013 (pg 235) Joveth - "going to review these and see what we can do."

...a month later...

2/27/2013 (pg 284) Eric - "not forgot about the APAC server concerns"

...a month later...

3/21/2013 (pg 309) Eric - "update of sorts" look for details next week

...4 days...

3/25/2013 (pg 318) Eric - servers will be closed, pop shifted to NA servers

...same day :eek:...

3/25/2013 (pg 325) Eric - expansion on reasoning for server closure

...2 days...

3/27/2013 (pg 426) Eric - expanded transfer options

...over a month...

5/9/2013 (pg 527) .....

Um...wow. That's really really ridiculous. You all have my deepest sympathies. Eesh.

Edited by iamthehoyden

I just resubbed to say DON’T MERGE THE SERVERS.

In choosing between low pop and low ping, I PICK LOW PING.

You devs have already dismissed merging all the APAC servers into one PVE server, which is fair enough.

Leave us be! I’d rather pick the lesser evil! Don’t merge!!

Edited by MeisterBabylon

This issue is just beyond a joke now. I purchased a 60 day pass and the expansion pack. What a waste of money that was.

I've been playing other MMOs recently and it really puts into perspective just how bad this game is in most aspects...

The engine is bad, the F2P model is woeful, the customer service is just abysmal!!! Why should I contribute any more money to those corporate fat cats at EA?

At the end of the day the muppets managing this game do not give 3/5s of sweet F all about the APAC community.