Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Was really annoyed me is the other night I started a new toon for kicks and made a sith marauder. So I got him to Imp fleet and went browsing their GTN. Nearly ever heavy and medium armor that was a "robe" comes with the hood down. Their head pieces look much better too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy if they just added a few different colored moddable hood-less robes(both heavy and medium) to some vendor as a temporary solution. Or a schematic. Or made a /hood command that made the game think we were twi'leks. Or make all of our headgear hide our hoods.

Anything really.

I'm only level 35, but I've had a hood since ~15. It's getting old, especially during cutscenes shot from a profile angle that I can't even see my face in.

Was really annoyed me is the other night I started a new toon for kicks and made a sith marauder. So I got him to Imp fleet and went browsing their GTN. Nearly ever heavy and medium armor that was a "robe" comes with the hood down. Their head pieces look much better too.

It's funny, because I've read threads on the Sith Warrior forums about how much they hate the lack of hoods, hahah

Edited by Noviere

I would be happy if they just added a few different colored moddable hood-less robes(both heavy and medium) to some vendor as a temporary solution. Or a schematic. Or made a /hood command that made the game think we were twi'leks. Or make all of our headgear hide our hoods.

Anything really.

I'm only level 35, but I've had a hood since ~15. It's getting old, especially during cutscenes shot from a profile angle that I can't even see my face in.

It's funny, because I've read threads on the Sith Warrior forums about how much they hate the lack of hoods, hahah

What's funny is that the Sith were shown in the advertising vids with their Hoods up, while the Jedi had their hoods down and yet in the actual game it's the opposite.

What both sides should have is a choice on how they look which we used to have in beta before they gutted the game for launch and removed gear, quest and other features that we used to enjoy.

It seems like Synthweaving would be a fairly straightforward and unintrusive means to address this issue in the short term. A few modifiable hood down robe schematics could be added to Synthweaving to hold players over until a hood-toggle could be implemented.

/signed. Honestly, I really do like the hood, but I hate it a lot of times in cutscenes/conversations. I wish they'd at least give us the option to make it disappear during conversations.

I recently had the scene where I kissed Kira and I couldn't even see what was happening thanks to the hood! I think I'm going to remove my robe and go shirtless from now on before I do any of her conversation quests. It'll be like some saucy romance novel, lol.

Couldn't agree with Galbatorrix more. I've been thinking of going topless for the cutscenes as well. xD

I hope we get hood down robes very soon. Needn't have bothered giving my character hair, don't see it at all. Hell, I've forgotten what it looks like. xD

They moved the hood down robe thread to the "Suggestion Box" forum, but I'm glad this one is still going strong.

Keep the pressure on. Let the Devs know that we want hood down options on the Jedi side. The ones they have shown us all over this website. Toggle too difficult? Fine. Just add in the armors for now. But do it.

We need to keep this topic on the front page.

It really irks me that I cannot have my hood down. There is a reason why all the Jedi in the promotional screenshots and videos have their hood down, and that is because it looks awesome.

This whole thing almost feels like a bait and switch scam sometimes. I just want my guy to look like how he did on the character creation screen. I really don't even want to play my JK until I can put his hood down.

I had a thought today: maybe this is intentional. Kinda like in Failhammer Online each class was meant to be "iconic". So the way they separate the Consular classes from the Knight classes is by forcing a hood on the Knights.

Then I realized that Sith Warriors have no such restrictions.

Edited by Parali
calling for firing, too old to action

I had a thought today: maybe this is intentional. Kinda like in Failhammer Online each class was meant to be "iconic". So the way they separate the Consular classes from the Knight classes is by forcing a hood on the Knights.

So I really hope that Failhammer dev gets fired if this is indeed the case. Hm, maybe that is too harsh. Okay, give him a warning that he will be fired unless he fixes it.

Fire him his an idiot.

They think people can not tell the difference between an armored jedi knight and a jedi consular?

Not to mention, most JK I see wear trooper, smuggler, social or consular armor because of this.

I couldn't agree more. It is another one of those odious, pathetic and awful design philosophies that seems to have slithered from the creative abortion that was Warhammer Online.

The fact that they removed armors with the hood down just makes me so angry I am on the verge of just cancelling my sub over this and never looking back. The person that made this decision should be fired, I can't be nice about this as it is just ruining my experience with the game.

It was probably one of the lead devs. The stuff usually comes from those with the most power to force it through the groupthink sessions.

Edited by Parali
bad quote, use of retarded - due to age of post, no action

Simplest fix ever, make all helms and I mean everything simply remove all hoods.

Then you could just pick up the nice looking headband and your done.

This would work for me. You can barely see the headbands with the hood up anyway.

Simplest fix ever, make all helms and I mean everything simply remove all hoods.

Then you could just pick up the nice looking headband and your done.

What about those who want their headband and want their hoods up?

I'd really like a hood-down robe as well (I think it's silly I picked hair and my dude's essentially bald), but it's not a trivial thing. If there's hoods down, then someone has to create a hood-down model and tie it to the armor, and when something's non-trivial, it usually isn't a quick fix.

Edited by dizzyMongoose

Another possible slightly easier fix (if redesigning with the hood down is a huge issue), then just add in some of the medium/light robes into the heavy rating. There are some very cool medium armor orange chest pieces. Just make a slight name change and make them heavy and we're all set.

What about those who want their headband and want their hoods up?

I'd really like a hood-down robe as well (I think it's silly I picked hair and my dude's essentially bald), but it's not a trivial thing. If there's hoods down, then someone has to create a hood-down model and tie it to the armor, and when something's non-trivial, it usually isn't a quick fix.

since the helm code to toggle hoods exist and is in place, its a 30second update the item display entries. Since some people want both, you do a 50/50 split. I really like the animation + robes, but the eye piece which removes the hoods and or medium armor is just a deal breaker.

Pick yourself up an RD 15A Mecenary Chestguard. Hvy armor remodded to jedi stats and it is not badly painted trooper armor. So far it comes in Camo green/steel and dayglow orange... At least the ones I've found.

It does seem like 'remove hood AND don't show helmet' would be a pretty trivial option, since the code to do both those things is already there.

Actually toggling hood up/down dynamically might be more annoying. Depending on how they coded things it might actually be a significant amount of work.

It seems like they easily take more of the existing hood-down robe models and modify them into new items, though.

It's probably in the pipeline, just lower priority than bugfixes and things like the UI customization. <shrug>