Ghosts of Mortis, Revan Bane Deleted Scene

DarthAckley

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Revan

2nd Paragraph Down:

"Revan, as a Sith Lord, along with Darth Bane was initially set to make appearance in the Clone Wars television series episode "Ghosts of Mortis. Revan and Bane were originally supposed to be the influence behind the Son's evil deeds. The scene was created, however George Lucas chose to delete it because it conflicted with his idea of the Force. Therefore, his is not considered canon. "

Once again Lucas being a FUN-SPONGE and making everything awful. Damn Copyrights. This **** needs to be taken away from him.

He is the Caligula of a Once great Idea.

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Revan

2nd Paragraph Down:

"Revan, as a Sith Lord, along with Darth Bane was initially set to make appearance in the Clone Wars television series episode "Ghosts of Mortis. Revan and Bane were originally supposed to be the influence behind the Son's evil deeds. The scene was created, however George Lucas chose to delete it because it conflicted with his idea of the Force. Therefore, his is not considered canon. "

Once again Lucas being a FUN-SPONGE and making everything awful. Damn Copyrights. This **** needs to be taken away from him.

He is the Caligula of a Once great Idea.

For once I'm going to have to support Mr. Lucas. Revan and Bane being in that episode, in that capacity would've made absolutely no sense. Yes even less sense than the mortis episodes made to begin with. A pity George didn't pull the plug on Mauls return, or the existence of Ashoka.

Revan didn't make sense, but Bane would've been interesting as it'd have given more fans a taste of Bane (not EVERYONE's read the novelizations or the Darth Bane books, or even heard his name).

As for Ahsoka, I was against it, but I like where they've gone with her so far... similar to how I was initially REALLY against bringing Boba Fett into TCW thinking he'd be a one-note evil kid like in AOTC... but, no. He was actually concerned about the other clones a bit, and didn't really want to hurt anyone outside of Mace. It wound up working, and his reappearance in "Bounty" near the end of Season 4 was nicely done (tho I'm really not crazy about Logan's vocal performance as Boba). Still not crazy about Filoni's apparent idea to slowly build Boba into the bounty hunter we knew from Episode V, in that armor, over the course of... The Clone Wars. The idea of Boba assembling his ESB armor by the time he's 13? Meh. If I were in charge, I'd have him get the gauntlets, maybe, or the breastplate, but not much else. Maybe a different Mandalorian helmet from Death Watch... and maybe he starts customizing it (a new coat of paint to start, but I don't need to see how it got its trademark dent, or when the rangefinder was added, etc). Pieces (or better yet, just a single piece/set), but not the whole kit, not the Wookiee scalps, not the cape, etc. He's got 20 years until the OT... does he just get his gear and then never changes it for two decades? (aside from collecting MORE gear to make all the slight variations of the armor he has, like the red & yellow gauntlets, different gloves, belts, etc)? That's pretty weak. Bad enough the Jedi wear the same crap all the time (outside their few outfit-changes in TCW, which they STILL wear for days & weeks on end)... Han Solo doesn't JUST walk around in one pair of pants and a white shirt & vest, after all. Sometimes the shirt's blue. Sometimes the vest is a jacket. :)

However, it was GL's idea to bring Sidious back, let his soul go into clone body in DE.

because he was his character nether revan or bane made sense since the son wants to destroy the sith with the jedi

why bane wants to help son destroy his own order?

and revan was light sided.

because he was his character nether revan or bane made sense since the son wants to destroy the sith with the jedi

why bane wants to help son destroy his own order?

and revan was light sided.

Bane was actually originally created by Lucas in TPM script then into TPM novel. It wouldve made alot more sense with Bane and Ruin since they were both created by Lucas. I dont know how Revan wouldve made any sense considering TCW follows the Lucas continuity which Revan doesnt even exist it.

Bane was actually originally created by Lucas in TPM script then into TPM novel. It wouldve made alot more sense with Bane and Ruin since they were both created by Lucas. I dont know how Revan wouldve made any sense considering TCW follows the Lucas continuity which Revan doesnt even exist it.

Revan would've made perfect sense, had his canonical ending been dark side. If he was a Sith Lord, having him pulled in to influence the Son would work. Doesn't matter that currently he doesn't exist in Lucas' own continuity--adding him into the show would've brought him into that continuity. Just because Lucas doesn't think much about anything ever happening outside the films and TCW, doesn't mean he can't go "Oh, okay, that's neat" and decide to use it in the show. There's just a good chance his "Oh, okay, that's neat" will be followed by "Let's use it and change everything", like Quinlan Vos

Revan would've made perfect sense, had his canonical ending been dark side. If he was a Sith Lord, having him pulled in to influence the Son would work. Doesn't matter that currently he doesn't exist in Lucas' own continuity--adding him into the show would've brought him into that continuity. Just because Lucas doesn't think much about anything ever happening outside the films and TCW, doesn't mean he can't go "Oh, okay, that's neat" and decide to use it in the show. There's just a good chance his "Oh, okay, that's neat" will be followed by "Let's use it and change everything", like Quinlan Vos

There is a group of haters that will do anything to attack Revan and his fans to no end.

The concept was a idea and it almost came to light but Lucas had last minute thoughts on it. They already had built models for Revan for the show and everything looked go until it came time to piece it together.

It cost alot of money and time to build character models even for a show like CloneWars which to be honest if you look at it good you can see all kinds of small details in the character models .

To be honest the detail that goes into that show , is really nice . Either or I enjoyed it without Revan .

When I heard he might have been in the show it kinda seemed bad to me , if Revan truely turned to the light that is . Foundry did kinda paint him to be losing his mind so ..........

However, it was GL's idea to bring Sidious back, let his soul go into clone body in DE.

Source this. First time I am hearing this and I highly doubt that, considering GL already said Star Wars ends with Episode 6 for him so he really ignores that part of the EU.

As for Revan and Bane, it would have been an interesting scene but I can understand why GL decided to get rid of it. Its his vision of Star Wars and since the Son is supposed to be this supernatural embodiment of the dark side, it would be false representation to have the Son be manipulated by the Sith instead of the other way around, considering the Dark Side corrupts and overcomes those who use it.

Source this. First time I am hearing this and I highly doubt that, considering GL already said Star Wars ends with Episode 6 for him so he really ignores that part of the EU.

As for Revan and Bane, it would have been an interesting scene but I can understand why GL decided to get rid of it. Its his vision of Star Wars and since the Son is supposed to be this supernatural embodiment of the dark side, it would be false representation to have the Son be manipulated by the Sith instead of the other way around, considering the Dark Side corrupts and overcomes those who use it.

that was before perquels as far george cared there was no "chosen one" by that time.

the entire story was about luke.

the first ideal of dark empire to be vader imposter but geroge told wirters to bring emperor back because he was scary in rotj.

For once I'm going to have to support Mr. Lucas. Revan and Bane being in that episode, in that capacity would've made absolutely no sense. Yes even less sense than the mortis episodes made to begin with. A pity George didn't pull the plug on Mauls return, or the existence of Ashoka.

While I disagree about your opinion on the existence on Ashoka and the return of Maul, I do agree with you on the idea of adding Bane and Revan. While it would be AWESOME to see them in that show, it would have only made the episode confusing. Especially since Revan turned back to the light side, in other words, it wouldn't have made any sense having a jedi spirit put evil plans into the sons head.

Edited by ZayneDraay

Quinlan Vos is a totally different story, he lived during the time of the movies. Revan didnt. Having him included wouldve destroyed Lucas's continuity from the movies, since the Sith had originated 2000 years before the movies under darth ruin

While I disagree about your opinion on the existence on Ashoka and the return of Maul, I do agree with you on the idea of adding Bane and Revan. While it would be AWESOME to see them in that show, it would have only made the episode confusing. Especially since Revan turned back to the light side, in other words, it wouldn't have made any sense having a jedi spirit put evil plans into the sons head.

It wouldve made sense, the episode wouldve made him die as a dark sider. During the foundry flashpoint he was on the verge of falling again anyway. He was far from a light side jedi

Edited by Girdeux

U know, the person who started this thread was asking if anyone knows where u can watch this scene. Does anyone know, cause I would kinda like to see it too.

No. The scene was never created. It was scripted but never rendered or voice acted. This scene does not exist.

No. The scene was never created. It was scripted but never rendered or voice acted. This scene does not exist.

Where did you get that idea? Lol...

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/10019

We designed them. They are in The Clone Wars style. We modeled them in The Clone Wars style, and we shot the scene in the episode. The scene exists.

Also, here's a link to the character models and concept arts designed by the TCW team.

http://lightsaberrattling.blogspot.ca/2011/02/clone-wars-darth-bane-and-darth-revan.html