Do we get to choose a "Darth" name?

Ohamsie

Hey, at the moment I only have one character, a Jedi Knight, and I was thinking for my next character I would choose a Sith, and I was just wondering how to choose my name. Can you have it so they start at with a normal name, and at some point they can become "Darth so-and-so", through a title unlock or something? Or should I just start of with how I want their Darth name to be?

I'm not sure if I'm being very clear, so let me give some examples.

Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader

Senator Palpatine become Darth Sidious

etc.

So would I name my character Anakin (having a Skywalker legacy) and at some point I can become Darth Vader? Or would I have to name my character Vader and then unlock the Darth title to become Darth Vader? Did any of that make any sense?

Hey, at the moment I only have one character, a Jedi Knight, and I was thinking for my next character I would choose a Sith, and I was just wondering how to choose my name. Can you have it so they start at with a normal name, and at some point they can become "Darth so-and-so", through a title unlock or something? Or should I just start of with how I want their Darth name to be?

I'm not sure if I'm being very clear, so let me give some examples.

Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader

Senator Palpatine become Darth Sidious

etc.

So would I name my character Anakin (having a Skywalker legacy) and at some point I can become Darth Vader? Or would I have to name my character Vader and then unlock the Darth title to become Darth Vader? Did any of that make any sense?

Not sure but I think you only get the title that goes in front of your name. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I do not have a Sith toon.

Hello new guys, and welcome to TOR!

I have played several Sith characters and am starting some Republic ones now as well.

To answer your question, your name doesn't "change" as it did for the examples you cited. You just get a title of "Darth" in front of your name.

The lore actually still works this way, even though it doesn't seem like it. I'll explain. Darth Sideous was a Sith and ALWAYS was a Sith. However, he could not have become a Senator from Naboo nor the Chancellor with a name like Darth Sideous. He was always Sideous, he just used Palpatine for subterfuge purposes.

Anakin on the other hand began his life in the Force as a Jedi. His Sith name was given to him WHEN, and only when, he became Sith.

As a Sith in TOR, you start life as a Sith, you live life as a Sith, and you end everyone elses life as a Sith (see what i did there? lol)

Hope this is helpful!

Darth is a title you earn as you level up. Not sure when that is. And you would look rather silly running around as Darth Darth'meany of the Puppyhater Legacy. (or whatever name you pick to reflect how evil mean and nasty your character is) One Darth is plenty.

The Sith Inquisitor is the only one that gets a "Darth ___" name.

If they are DS, they become Darth Nox. Neutral is Darth Occulus. LS is Darth Imperius.

Whichever name they give you in the cutscenes doesn't matter. You get the "Darth" title which, when equipped, just puts Darth in front of your name (ex. Darth Tom)

The Sith Warrior gets the Darth title, but doesn't actually get a name in the cutscenes.

They just become the Emperor's Wrath.

• 1 year later...

I can only speak from the Sith Inquisitor story, but you get the title "Darth" at lvl 50. So, for example, my character is called Talmanonn, he would appear whilst playing as "Darth Talmanonn", however, due to the story, you get the name (and are referred to in the cutscenes as) "Darth Nox". Which kinda sucks, but to be honest they couldn't record the voices saying "Darth Talmanonn" haha

(Sorry for the late post)

Edited by Talmanonn

Hey, at the moment I only have one character, a Jedi Knight, and I was thinking for my next character I would choose a Sith,

The others have already covered how to get the title- you have to be a Sith Inquisitor, playing for the Empire faction.

One thing I wanted to mention is that there is no "swtiching sides" in TOR. You can't flip from the Republic to the Empire, or vice versa- no good guy to bad guy thing. While you can play a dark jedi (or a light sith) they will still stay on the faction they started as and not flip.

So no, you really can't go Anakin to Darth Vader kind of thing.

The others have already covered how to get the title- you have to be a Sith Inquisitor, playing for the Empire faction.

One thing I wanted to mention is that there is no "swtiching sides" in TOR. You can't flip from the Republic to the Empire, or vice versa- no good guy to bad guy thing. While you can play a dark jedi (or a light sith) they will still stay on the faction they started as and not flip.

So no, you really can't go Anakin to Darth Vader kind of thing.

Just to clarify, you ALSO get the title if you're playing as a Sith Warrior. Basically, all Sith eventually become a Darth.

However, in the Sith Inquisitor story cutscenes, you get given an actual name. In the Sith Warrior cutscenes, you're only referred to as "Emperor's Wrath." However, both classes get the title.

I recommend using a name for you Sith that, when the suffix or prefix "in" is added, becomes a word. Darth Vader (invader) and Darth Sidious (insidious) started the ball rolling, now it's up to you! Darth Corrigible, Darth Fantile, Darth Exorable, etc. are all good names--keep in mind you don't want the word to still sound like a real word once the "in" is removed. I have a tank named Destructible, but that's not working for me--I wish I'd picked a name that didn't sound like a real word (Darth Ept would have worked, though!).

Indeed, the game doesn't allow you to choose a different name for your darth, darth is just a title that unlocks for sith warrior and sith inquisitor after finishing the last chapter of storyline iirc.

However, cartel market sells a character rename token for 1000cc.

Edited by Karkais

I never understood why Jedi don't havew a similar title ?

"What's that ? A Darth ?"

"No, he's an Barsen'thor."

"An WHAT ? Never heard of that thing. Is it legit ? Is it from Marvel ?"

"Bioware says so. And no, I don't know."

"Well, I'm rather sticking to my Darth title. Everybody recognizes it immediately."

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

"Well, I'm rather sticking to my Darth title. Everybody recognizes it immediately."

My understanding (from watching the movies) is that "Master" was the equivalent of "Darth".

Barsen'thor is a very special title that was rarely given out.

Barsen'thor was a ceremonial rank in the Jedi Order that originated as a Cerean word meaning "Warden of the Order".

First bestowed posthumously upon Padawan Lorjan Sakku by his Master before he defeated his own brother Lyhesh and redeemed him at the cost of his own life, the title was adopted by the Order and given only to exceptional Jedi.

• 7 months later...
Hello new guys, and welcome to TOR!

I have played several Sith characters and am starting some Republic ones now as well.

To answer your question, your name doesn't "change" as it did for the examples you cited. You just get a title of "Darth" in front of your name.

The lore actually still works this way, even though it doesn't seem like it. I'll explain. Darth Sideous was a Sith and ALWAYS was a Sith. However, he could not have become a Senator from Naboo nor the Chancellor with a name like Darth Sideous. He was always Sideous, he just used Palpatine for subterfuge purposes.

Anakin on the other hand began his life in the Force as a Jedi. His Sith name was given to him WHEN, and only when, he became Sith.

As a Sith in TOR, you start life as a Sith, you live life as a Sith, and you end everyone elses life as a Sith (see what i did there? lol)

Hope this is helpful!

Actualy Darth sideous (palpatine) wasn't always a sith he became a sith at the age of 17 (if I recall correctly) when darth plagueis made him his apprentice. Anyway SI get a sith name at the end of class story based on your alliegence.

• 3 years later...
Just to clarify, you ALSO get the title if you're playing as a Sith Warrior. Basically, all Sith eventually become a Darth.

However, in the Sith Inquisitor story cutscenes, you get given an actual name. In the Sith Warrior cutscenes, you're only referred to as "Emperor's Wrath." However, both classes get the title.

I recommend using a name for you Sith that, when the suffix or prefix "in" is added, becomes a word. Darth Vader (invader) and Darth Sidious (insidious) started the ball rolling, now it's up to you! Darth Corrigible, Darth Fantile, Darth Exorable, etc. are all good names--keep in mind you don't want the word to still sound like a real word once the "in" is removed. I have a tank named Destructible, but that's not working for me--I wish I'd picked a name that didn't sound like a real word (Darth Ept would have worked, though!).

Your naming convention doesn't hold up with regard to Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, or Darth Bane, just as a few examples.

The bottom line is that the game does not automatically give you, or prompt you, for a new name, but by using a rename token when you get the Darth title, you can accomplish that, if you wish.

For example - if you have a Sith named Fred, when you get the Darth title, you can display that as Darth Fred, or you can rename your character and become Darth Bob (or whatever).

Your naming convention doesn't hold up with regard to Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, or Darth Bane, just as a few examples.

Of course not. It's *a* way of getting *a* reasonably Darthy Darth name.

That said it does need to be used with caution:

* Invidious(1) => Darth Vidious ==> sounds OK, but perhaps too much like Darth Video.

* Iniquitous => Darth Iquitous ==> a bit strange, but why not?

* Incredulous => Darth Credulous ==> not so good

* Incredible => Darth Credible ==> I guess, maybe, kinda.

* Indefatigable => Darth Defatigable ==> Um. Not really.

* Invulnerable => Darth Vulnerable ==> No. Absolutely not.

(1) Wiktionary sayeth:

Adjective

invidious (comparative more invidious, superlative most invidious)

(of a distinction) Offensively or unfairly discriminating.

(of an action or task) Causing ill will towards the actor; causing offense.

(of a thing) Causing envy or ill will towards the possessor.

(obsolete) Envious, jealous.

(obsolete) Detestable, hateful, odious.