Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

Sorcerer/Sage is OP, everyone knows it. The only people that say otherwise play a Sorcerer/Sage, which also happens to be 50% of the population now. :p

Everyone does know this now. Even the people I knew who were arguing the opposite thing a month ago all agree that the Sorc/Sage are OP. The evidence is too blatant in front of everyone's nose.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone does know this now. Even the people I knew who were arguing the opposite thing a month ago all agree that the Sorc/Sage are OP. The evidence is too blatant in front of everyone's nose.

Nothing like hearsay and hyperbolic absolutes to give your post the appearance of validity, right? :cool:

why is it? its because the forum is full of bads who qq because they are bad. like yourself. Ive just been trained by a scoundral all *********** WZ eating 4k crits from stealth to have the ****er re-stealth and start again. anyone with a brain will insta gib a sorc or sage as they die stupidly fast. if your too bad to kill one thats your own fault.

Put a single DoT on the Scoundrel/Operative and they can't vanish and restealth.

Stop being bad.

Im sorry but im playing the highly story focused mmo for the story. I wanted to be a sorc because I wanted the be the evil dark side force focused ******. bu hey don't worry dude, we are paying for it outside of pvp. I'm a dps sorc. in otherwords im 65% of my server. Do you know how hard it if for me to find a flashpoint group? it frekin sucks cuz dps sorc are a dime a dozen.

Put a single DoT on the Scoundrel/Operative and they can't vanish and restealth.

Stop being bad.

Yes dot the invisible target that is now on the back of a light armor wearer who is being stabbed for absurd amounts of damage and somehow manage to throw a dot on them before they die and hope they can get away in time to kill them.

Im sorry but im playing the highly story focused mmo for the story. I wanted to be a sorc because I wanted the be the evil dark side force focused ******. bu hey don't worry dude, we are paying for it outside of pvp. I'm a dps sorc. in otherwords im 65% of my server. Do you know how hard it if for me to find a flashpoint group? it frekin sucks cuz dps sorc are a dime a dozen.

So respec healer?

Stop being bad.

yes because whilst trying to mitigate some of 8k burst damage im taking WHISLT getting up of the floor out of a stun im able to cast a dot on a target behind me.. but then scoundrels totally dont have several stuns to prevent you from doting them before they vanish again.. yeh ok. lets ignore your idiotic post

as once again you prove that most forum posters have no clue what they are on about

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

LOOOL, Sorcs op? I used to think that too, then i played a vanguard...

Dual-spec is coming. Welcome to the benefit of having a DPS spec and a healing spec. :cool:

LOOOL, Sorcs op? I used to think that too, then i played a vanguard...

I never once thought they were OP..and I've played several classes. I go out of my way to target the all mighty Overpowered Arsenal Mercenary/Commandos and their "Overpowered" grav round/Tm that they can't even cast on me.. OR the overpowered sage/sorc who just dot everyone and aoe and get high damage but in 1 v 1 situations get destroyed in under 10 seconds flat..BUT WAIT! They have a bubble they can put on that can protect them from one, maybe two, attacks! Sweet jesus ******s that's overpowered! *facepalm* I don't even want a sorc/sage now, they are good healers/dotters/aoe's But 1 v 1 they get destroyed. IF you seriously can't kill them its not the class, its you.

Edited by Kayse

I never once thought they were OP..and I've played several classes. I go out of my way to target the all mighty Overpowered Arsenal Mercenary/Commandos and their "Overpowered" grav round/Tm that they can't even cast on me.. OR the overpowered sage/sorc who just dot everyone and aoe and get high damage but in 1 v 1 situations get destroyed in under 10 seconds flat..BUT WAIT! They have a bubble they can put on that can protect them from one, maybe two, attacks! Sweet jesus ******s that's overpowered! *facepalm* I don't even want a sorc/sage now, they are good healers/dotters/aoe's But 1 v 1 they get destroyed. IF you seriously can't kill them its not the class, its you.

The problem is there is too many baddies. i went 4v1 then in huttball and beat the lot. and im in a flat out dps build without any of the extra ccs. ppl are just bad and rather than getting better try to bring everything to a level where they don't suck as much. Look what happened to WOW, its a prime example of this

The problem is there is too many baddies. i went 4v1 then in huttball and beat the lot. and im in a flat out dps build without any of the extra ccs. ppl are just bad and rather than getting better try to bring everything to a level where they don't suck as much. Look what happened to WOW, its a prime example of this

Sadly it seems Bioware is taking Blizzards route..and copying them by listening to the qquers. Im just waiting for them to give TM a 15 second CD, remove a lightsaber off marauders, etc etc. W.e people think is OP because they are under skilled and like you said need to cry and beg bioware to nerf them for they are on "equal" grounds. I won't b surprised if they are anymore.. I have lost a lot of faith in bioware as of late.

I agree.... The sorc are overpowered, no doubt about it.

Let me say my opinion, i never ever played a MMO before, never experienced PVP on a game, always prefered stand alone games. The only thing that made me play this game was because of KOTOR.

That said, ill tell you of my pvp experience. To be honest, i dont know any other PVP experience, not WoW nor GW. What i think is that the sith are overpowered, is as the Devs wanted them to win always. The sorc is plain stupid.... they get such nice thunder at early lvl that makes almost impossible to win against them. The bounty hunters are stupiditly strong! They can give 2.5k/3k of damage with just one ability (they lunch missiles), and if we atack them, they just heal faster than we can injure them. And im a Jedi Knight Guardian lvl 50...

I know that the classes are mirrored and so on, but the sheer power of each faction is just absurd... we all know (in the republic side) that winning a WZ 3 times a day is almost impossible!!!! No wonder that the sith faction gets all the good stuff, no wonder that many quitters are showing up, no wonder that on Ilum the Sith ALWAYS control the central area...

If Bioware wants to put PVP nicer in this game, start nerfing the inquisitor!!! You will get tougher WZ, it will start to level up in factions and so on.

With all of that, no wonder that many people wants to be a sith, and fewer get to be republic. The sith are simply overpowerd!!!!!!

So its like this, if you want to do a nice RPG game and folow the story, do the republic. If you want to be a Super SkyMaster in PVP, go sith, you'll have everything to win ;) speacially the inquisitor sorceror

I agree.... The sorc are overpowered, no doubt about it.

Let me say my opinion, i never ever played a MMO before, never experienced PVP on a game, always prefered stand alone games. The only thing that made me play this game was because of KOTOR.

That said, ill tell you of my pvp experience. To be honest, i dont know any other PVP experience, not WoW nor GW. What i think is that the sith are overpowered, is as the Devs wanted them to win always. The sorc is plain stupid.... they get such nice thunder at early lvl that makes almost impossible to win against them. The bounty hunters are stupiditly strong! They can give 2.5k/3k of damage with just one ability (they lunch missiles), and if we atack them, they just heal faster than we can injure them. And im a Jedi Knight Guardian lvl 50...

I know that the classes are mirrored and so on, but the sheer power of each faction is just absurd... we all know (in the republic side) that winning a WZ 3 times a day is almost impossible!!!! No wonder that the sith faction gets all the good stuff, no wonder that many quitters are showing up, no wonder that on Ilum the Sith ALWAYS control the central area...

If Bioware wants to put PVP nicer in this game, start nerfing the inquisitor!!! You will get tougher WZ, it will start to level up in factions and so on.

With all of that, no wonder that many people wants to be a sith, and fewer get to be republic. The sith are simply overpowerd!!!!!!

So its like this, if you want to do a nice RPG game and folow the story, do the republic. If you want to be a Super SkyMaster in PVP, go sith, you'll have everything to win ;) speacially the inquisitor sorceror

you do realise EVERY SINGLE CLASS IS MIRRORED ON THE OTHER FACTION!

your post just stinks of being bad and the fact you clearly suck at playing a guardian says everything

you do realise EVERY SINGLE CLASS IS MIRRORED ON THE OTHER FACTION!

your post just stinks of being bad and the fact you clearly suck at playing a guardian says everything

you said that i suck, i probably do! As i said before, i never played a MMO before.

And the thing that you say that the classes are mirrored, are you sure? You dont see a Sage in Huttball on top of those bridges lightnin up people, do you?

The numbers say everything! The Republic faction simply looses in pvp, that simple!

And i bet youre a sith inquisitor, right?

NERF DOWN THE INQUISITOR

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

They'll get bored eventually. I have a 50 Sorc and respecc'd to healing for something else to do than shoot lightning. I also have a 50 Powertech (Shield spec) and a 41 Marauder (respecc'd to Annihilation from Carnage) that I'm moving up the chain to 50. Both are much more interesting and have a higher learning curve than the Sorc. I have a few other lowbies (29 Operative / 25 Sniper /13 Assassin) that I'll get up, too, but I like to get proficient at one class at a time to learn their strengths and weaknesses. Knowledge on the battlefield can turn the tide of a losing war.

They'll get bored eventually. I have a 50 Sorc and respecc'd to healing for something else to do than shoot lightning. I also have a 50 Powertech (Shield spec) and a 41 Marauder (respecc'd to Annihilation from Carnage) that I'm moving up the chain to 50. Both are much more interesting and have a higher learning curve than the Sorc. I have a few other lowbies (29 Operative / 25 Sniper /13 Assassin) that I'll get up, too, but I like to get proficient at one class at a time to learn their strengths and weaknesses. Knowledge on the battlefield can turn the tide of a losing war.

I see that you only have sith char, so youre acostumed to win. Try some Republic chars, and then say what you really think

if one of those 3 sorcs was a healer they'd win by a landslide and everyone knows it.

Nope. I'm a 50 sorc who PvPs lots, and Marauders/Sentinels chew me up frequently. People constantly cry about sorc CC, but we don't have enough burst damage for it to make much difference in reality. I might be able to stun you a few times but it doesn't matter when you have 15k+ health and down me in 10 seconds tops. This is assuming you aren't ****.

Everyone here who has done any decent amount of pvp has seen healing sorcerers use their combination of knockbacks, bubbles, stuns, and speed combined with their plethora of solid heals to survive onslaughts that a healing mercenary or operative would never be able to escape.

Now I know people don't like actual evidence in these threads, but here you go just to point out what a load of tripe that is.

http://i.imgur.com/qyO7f.png

Look half way down, BH with 650k heals. Other team had a non-sorc healer with 450k. In fact during the fight I spent a good deal of time trying to take that guy down. I had dots, force lightning, stuns, etc. on him, as well as teammates, and he stood there taking all of it. To claim that sorcerers are the only healers capable of surviving a ton of **** is pure utter delusion, but I suppose that's not very uncommon on these forums.

Anyone who says sorcs drop quickly has never seen a skilled one heal in bm gear (which it seems like quite a few imps have gotten by now.. its almost as if they can actually go to ilum or something wierd but thats a whole other can of broken "winning as intended" worms)

Of course healer sorcs dont drop quickly. But newsflash, NONE of the healer classes drop quickly. And they shouldn't, survivability is their only real strength! Survivability of themselves and others that is. A healer would be useless if they could keep those around them alive but not themselves. This is pretty self-evident in PvE where healers are pretty much responsible not just for keeping others alive, but for healing themselves as well. Especially when they're the only healer.

Also FYI the image I quoted was of a pug vs pug. No premades. Only reason we did so much better was due to coordination and probably a bit of gear difference.

the other day i saw a sage do over 500k damage in a republic v republic huttball. I've never seen another class do that.

I also regularly see sages do over 450k healing.

Then there are the hybrids that do 300k damage and 150k healing.

I'm a decently geared sawbones and I'm very happy when I break 300k heals.

and if raw numbers aren't enough, you're right that the amount of utility they have is absurd. The fact that a sage can force speed through a fire trap and then rescue the ball carrier through that same trap... well all i can say is it looks like a lot of fun.

It really is as if they designed consulars first, were determined to make them really awsome, and then got over to scoundrels and were like "wait a second... well if we give them the same stuff it'll just seem silly.. soo.. uuh.. they get..stealth? flashbang? screw it i tired myself out making sage awsome scoundrels will have to be content with funnier dialogue"

Prove 300k damage and 150k heals Liar.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Also FYI the image I quoted was of a pug vs pug. No premades. Only reason we did so much better was due to coordination and probably a bit of gear difference.

Like you image, it justs proves what i keep saying, THAT THE SITH ARE OVERPOWERED!!!!!!!

NERF DOWN THE INQUISITOR

Remove their ability to self bubble (because them having a bubble is so bloody stupid and unbalanced it's not funny) or nerf the **** out of the shield in pvp.

The shield is the major unbalance with them IMO.

The skill that takes 1 to two hits to destroy? Sure. It's OP.