Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no Changes to my Madness-Sorc...good good........wait no, this is more than bad. Actually only its for Sorcs and Sage only the Mid-Tree. THe Problems on Madness/Balance are not fixed and the Healers are not buffed.

This looks actually more like a fail Bioware. If you BW don't want to fix the Force-Problem so give us dot-players at least a DPS-Buff so thats make it worth. :mad:

There is a buff to madness, L2read. Madness is fine.

There is a buff to madness, L2read. Madness is fine.

These changes on Wrath are maybe a buff. But not Polarity Shift, this is a must done much earlier and is coming very late as change. The rest is going for Lightning and a little bit for Healers.

In fact for Madness is more in need, in hard more for the Force-Issue, as long as Crushing Darkness and Lightning Strike cost much force. In fact to make this a good buff there must be more a change to make both Casts for free or less force-cost.

If this change on wrath makes it possible that i can cast both skills more than now, yeah its a buff. If not it won't be a buff.

Edited by theLacusar

Hey eric

Are the combat team , Working on any improvements on DPS Shadow/Assassin with Operative's being able to hold they own in raids. Will we be seeing any boosts to DPS I really enjoy my class and find it allot of fun to tank in pve and to Dps in pvp , but when it comes to DPS say on DF HM I find we are few steps behide other class's

just the Idea of grinding out 78 dps gear seems abit lackluster after seeing so many results weather it be from forums phase's or taking to other shadow dps

I know a big part of the game is to just enjoy the class I play, but its pretty hard to Justify me coming on a shadow when i have a nice sniper . but some times i just want to mix it up ^^

any news would be ace

Cya dude

Edited by Murder_Toys

Hi, I have a question concerning impact of class changes for Guardian/Juggernaut PVE Tanks. Right now, it seems that since our two most often used abilities to maintain AoE threat (Force Sweep/SMash and Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash) will no longer damage secondary targets for those extra 10%, they will also generate less AoE threat. Is that so, or will aggro generation of these abilities remain untouched?

Secondary NPCs (aka mobs) are still affected by swelling winds, so nothing changes for PvE tanking.

The two most arguably broken pvp classes/specs are being ignored in this 'pvp class update'.

Mando/Mercs are still totally useless (healers marginally less so from last buff, but sill easily out-healed). There is currently no reason to add them to a ranked group. The annoying thing is the number of suggestions there are, and how completely ignored the class is regarding pvp.

And Balance/Madness speced sin/shadow. Most useless spec in pvp, please give us something which at least tries to compete with deception/infiltration.

Hopefully these get added to list before patch is released.

To hell with mindless smashing, I'm tired of hearing some idiot brag about their "high numbers" while using a spec as easy as smash is.

No class in this game is difficult to play. I main a vig guardian and healing sage. Both are as easy to play as smash. The reason people played smash was because it was more effective than the other trees. This nerf will be ridiculously over the top and will break the spec.

Holy Crap, props to Bioware for some bold changes. Didn't think I would ever see the day smash was nerfed. Sniper survivability buff looks great for solo queue. Operative heal nerfed. Today is a good day. Can't wait to try this out on PTS. Now we just need more people queuing for ranked which I think the rewards will help with.

Edit: The tears in this thread make me lol.

Edited by Elboc

This change is actually HUUUUGE! Think about all the mechanics you can cheese with this. Snipers already could cheese pretty hard with the roll and entrench but with this it's kind of great haha.

But I really think the Combat team should rethink the Orbital changes for Marksman. As they said they'd like to have it in the Engineering tree but in it's current state it's just really bad. Maybe have some sort of damage multiplier if it hits more than 2 targets like x1.5 or x2 as it's really bad to use even for AoE or a filler. What about Death from above it's instantly castable and does way more damage, is that not "overpowered"?

Edited by Mazanator

This change is actually HUUUUGE! Think about all the mechanics you can cheese with this. Snipers already could cheese pretty hard with the roll and entrench but with this it's kind of great haha.

But I really think the Combat team should rethink the Orbital changes for Marksman. As they said they'd like to have it in the Engineering tree but in it's current state it's just really bad. Maybe have some sort of damage multiplier if it hits more than 2 targets like x1.5 or x2 as it's really bad to use even for AoE or a filler. What about Death from above it's instantly castable and does way more damage, is that not "overpowered"?

DFA/MV = Channeled AOE

OS/FB = Fire and Forget AOE.

So they are taking the lowest dps character and reducing the only decent hit that it really has. This really negates using them in pvp. That aoe hit has been the bane of many squishy players and could turn the tide in a battle if executed next to weakened healers. Of course that is the reason why it is being nerfed but the complaints come from those who have higher dps so I am perplexed at the decision by the devs to reduce it.

This update is extremely disappointing, not because of any of the specific changes (although several are eye-rolling bad at best), but because it points to a Dev team that is flailing without a viable balancing strategy.

As much as I've enjoyed playing this game with my guildies, the Devs continue to take one step forward, two steps back far too often for me to continue devoting my time and $$$ to it.

Time to look seriously for an alternative game.

This update is extremely disappointing, not because of any of the specific changes (although several are eye-rolling bad at best), but because it points to a Dev team that is flailing without a viable balancing strategy.

As much as I've enjoyed playing this game with my guildies, the Devs continue to take one step forward, two steps back far too often for me to continue devoting my time and $$$ to it.

Time to look seriously for an alternative game.

I'd advise you do because if you think these changes are bad then you have not played any of said classes let alone on a competitive level let alone at a skilled level. Don't know what you have been doing with your time, but it has surely not been spent playing the game.

I'm really starting to believe that I have been posting in the wrong forums for years lol. The opinions here are so stupid and uneducated in relation to the game. It is like people are playing two different games. One the forum crowd has made up and one the in game crowd is playing. :rak_02: For people to say Sentinels are the weakest when they populate a 1/4 of every PUG ops and every PvP match. And at a higher level always find a place in raids. (Can't speak of ranked too much because they don't happen on the overwhelming majority of servers so it is kind of irrelevant no?) To say smash shouldn't be nerfed, Operatives shouldn't be nerfed nor get exfiltrate to be more useful, focused defense didn't need a total redesign and so much more is pure and unadulterated insanity.

On top of that we got a bunch of children saying suck it and whining about lunch??? I think these forums have finally broken my mind!!!! :eek:

Dude im not children i have 31 y0 and this is my opinion and my choice so dont call anybody children i think you are one of ea team. I wish the best for this game but im sure if they nerf marauders and sentinels ( the most hard to play classes ) im quit. Anyway DayZ looks interesting and have less bugs and lags in version alfa than swtor.

If you nerf marauder you have one subscriber less, im just quit this game and feeding you because stupid people dont deserve for feeding. So go ahead nerf mara and you can suck me:)

Going by your use of the English language you have far less brain cells then the developers who are trying to make this game what it is, You have no place to call them stupid.

I will also mention your one ability to play this game is based on Force Leap into Smash, Learn the 2 other specializations there is to play.

Edited by BadUpdates

Going by your use of the English language you have far less brain cells then the developers who are trying to make this game what it is, You have no place to call them stupid.

I will also mention your one ability to play this game is based on Force Leap into Smash, Learn the 2 other specializations there is to play.

Another huge fan of ea:)

What if English isn't his or her first language ?

Then you are accusing a foreigner of having "less brain cells then the developers" based on the use of language alone, which is basically racist thinking.