Warning to new players - No 'cooldown period' when buying items

luhg

I accidently purchased an item for 400 credits earlier whilst trying to see what it looked like equiped, I figured hey most games have a cooling off period so you can sell it back full price within a few minutes, well yeah SWTOR doesn't, I got 40 creds back.

Just a heads up

I accidently purchased an item for 400 credits earlier whilst trying to see what it looked like equiped, I figured hey most games have a cooling off period so you can sell it back full price within a few minutes, well yeah SWTOR doesn't, I got 40 creds back.

Just a heads up

um, what game has that, cause ive never heard of it. hit the right button combo, lol

The closest I've seen to a cool off period in a game is where if you don't shut the merchants window it'll refund you the full cost of the item. I've never seen one where you can equip the item and then try to sell it back for full cost.

Well I just accidently clicked the wrong mouse button while trying to preview companion customization at customization vendor, ended up wasting 12,5 k.

Now I have no money for my speeder... Should be more careful next time :p

Played several MMOs myself. What 'better MMOs' have this feature?

WoW does (or used to during the latter half of Wrath at least) when buying badge gear. So say you bought your T10 chest for 90 badges and you changed your mind, you could bring them back to the vendor within an hour and trade them in for a full refund. The amount of time you had left to sell them back was in the tooltip.

But just for regular vendors there was no "cooldown period." I've never seen that. They do allow you to buyback things you accidentally sold at no premium though.

Edited by Xerolyfe

Well I just accidently clicked the wrong mouse button while trying to preview companion customization at customization vendor, ended up wasting 12,5 k.

Now I have no money for my speeder... Should be more careful next time :p

I did the same thing, ouch. Good thing it was the one I actually wanted!

WoW does but only for tokens. Any item bought for gold doesn't have that CD some talk about.

I could swear when I was still playing WOW that if you bought something with gold you could sell back for full price *IF* you didn't close the vendor window.

I.think op is confused and has it backwards and is thinking of a buyback option, whoch this game does have. I have played. Every major mmo since uo and have never seen what th op is talking about unless its badges. Look before u buy

I accidentally deleted an AH mail with 10k in it because I thought it was that stupid message that tells you you sold something and that you'll get the credits later.

Really wish they'd get rid of that. Keep the one hour delay if you want, but get rid of the message telling you about the message you're gonna get.

Oh, and putting the (too small) "Take all attachments from checked messages" button right next to the "Delete all checked messages" with no confirmation window? Not a good idea either.

This UI is as bad as a console port like FFXIV or Skyrim, though in different ways.

Edited by -Swag

Having a cooldown on 'everything' (like Rift) might be slightly over-the-top, but, at the least, having it so the vendor will take back items which were purchased in the current session (i.e. since the vendor window was opened and before it was closed) for their full purchase price, seems to make the most sense.

I know that there have been several instances where an errant click has cost me commendations (which are slightly harder to replace than credits), this would help to alleviate such situations.

-BRJ

Edited by BigRedJedi