Do normal mode FP for HM FP??

Just wanting to get some clarity on this. I was asked to heal Boarding Party HM by my guild, but never doing the quest I wasn't able to talk to the guy and get the HM quest. So are all HM FP's like this? Do Normal then be eligible for the HM? Of course I did BT at 10 because there were 1000000000 level 10's looking for a group during head-start.

Just wanting to get some clarity on this. I was asked to heal Boarding Party HM by my guild, but never doing the quest I wasn't able to talk to the guy and get the HM quest. So are all HM FP's like this? Do Normal then be eligible for the HM? Of course I did BT at 10 because there were 1000000000 level 10's looking for a group during head-start.

Some flashpoints require you to complete it on normal some don't. Boarding party is one that you do need to clear on normal, as is Directive 7. A few others are out there but I cannot recall them off the top of my head.

yeah if you havent done the normal modes for boarding/foundry its a good idea to solo through them real fast once youre 50 to open the hard modes.

D7 you need to run normal once, which kind of sucks when youre looking forward to hardmode, but at least familiarizes you with the FP if youve not done it before.

Not sure if theres other unlock hardmodes, but these three required me to do normal first.