Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much patience should we give? I already have to sit in an hour long queue on my main..so I made an alot..another hour long queue..so another alt..45 min queue.

OK I don't like the queues anymore than anyone else... but maybe you should consider rolling your alt characters on a server that isn't overpopulated? Yes, there are servers that are horrible and I'm stuck in one because my guild,went there at EGA and we're not going to overreact and whine for transfers yet... but there are others that have green status all day long. It's only bad for those who started during EGA in servers that got overpopulated or for those wanting to join friends on those servers. But for rolling alts there's plenty of servers without any queues.

Still whining about queues? It got way better these days and I play in a full server. Patience people.

WHINNING!!! YOU THINK AN HOUR OR MORE IN A Q IS GOOD? PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD PLAY BOARD GAMES.

I have ticketed, facebooked, twittered, you name it about the Q for legions and basilisk. Please let me and my guildies transfer to another server thats light along with some of the others that want to do the same. THERES ENOUGH ASKING AND ASKING FOR IT SO JUST DO IT!!!!

GAME CANCELLED AT THE END OF THE MONTH IF NO NEWS EMAIL OR REPLIES TO ANY OF MY COMPLIANTS........50 MIN Q!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING JOKING ME????

I havent had a que longer than 3 minutes in the last few days. And that was only a few times.

At this point, I would have to recommend xfering servers (or talking to your guild about it) for anyone that is still experiencing longer ones.

Dont get me wrong, I feel your pain, but at some point, you have to explore the options that are available to you, even if they are inconvenient.

Edited by Tourniquett

Basilisk Droid current queue - 814 people. Great job. I have one of the few free days in which I have time for myself. From the moment when I got early access to now, may be I played 13 hours, because of the queues at the time when I can I play. It is a mockery and a sign of incompetence.

the red eclipse

tooltip says: 45 min queue

i started queuing over 1 hour ago, still in position 200.

this is starting to piss me off, i paid money for PLAYING the game, not staring at the screen while sittin in a queue.

most annoying fact: i didn't even chose the server myself.

bioware put our guild on this server.

seriously, this is ****in ridiculous!

Can we PLEASE have at least 10 minutes for reconnect after crash or any other disconnect, so we got a little time to reboot PC and get beck to out group/raid, instead of getting into queue of 20-30 minutes wait and loose a place in random group or making friends in game to wait for one person unacceptably long time.

Have to say that as a working parent / adult, finding time to play a game (which i'm paying for) is difficult as is. (especially when trying to be a good parent).

A queue of 300 on Mind Trick just about night after night is a little much. I'm ok waiting 5 min to play something in the early days, and as a software person myself I respect the need for load balancing and configuration however, I appreciate a published plan or response detailing how you plan to address these concerns (or not address them).

It would at least help me understand what to expect...

It is 10:30 pm Mountain time, and I am still in a queue for the Swiftsure server. The queue is not in the thousands as it use to be a week ago, but still more than a hundred is not acceptable. Please don't stop the maitenance or whatever it is you are trying to do to fix the issue.

I get that people are having issues, but seriously... In the first week of playing this game I rerolled the main I'm playing 3 times onto different servers. 1 on an RP server, 1 on a PVE server and 1 on a 3rd server (PVE) when I learned a bunch of co-workers were playing on that server. The only time I have ever been on a queue is on the 3rd server, and only for a few minutes. Maybe if everyone wasn't so dedicated to playing on a specific server and made characters across the board a little more, there would be less queue time. Pick a server that seems lighter than others, even if it's an RP server and you don't RP or a PVP server and you don't PVP. What I'm trying to say is, help the devs the only way you can with the problem: DON'T BE DEDICATED TO ONE SERVER! If you have a guild, research what might be a good server and move the guild there and start from scratch. You can reform any guild on any server by going to the home world and 'building' the guild. Or so the load screens say. If you really like your characters, you know how you rolled him/her. Restart them. Hell, think of it as a free respec from the ground up. Or delve into the enemy if you are a staunch Republic/Sith supporter. Playing as the other side might surprise you. And there are no limitations on servers for that. I have a jedi and a sith on the same server.

Anyways, I'm getting off my soapbox now. I'm just saying that there are other solutions than complaining nonstop to the devs that the queues are too long.

I get that people are having issues, but seriously... In the first week of playing this game I rerolled the main I'm playing 3 times onto different servers. 1 on an RP server, 1 on a PVE server and 1 on a 3rd server (PVE) when I learned a bunch of co-workers were playing on that server. The only time I have ever been on a queue is on the 3rd server, and only for a few minutes. Maybe if everyone wasn't so dedicated to playing on a specific server and made characters across the board a little more, there would be less queue time. Pick a server that seems lighter than others, even if it's an RP server and you don't RP or a PVP server and you don't PVP. What I'm trying to say is, help the devs the only way you can with the problem: DON'T BE DEDICATED TO ONE SERVER! If you have a guild, research what might be a good server and move the guild there and start from scratch. You can reform any guild on any server by going to the home world and 'building' the guild. Or so the load screens say. If you really like your characters, you know how you rolled him/her. Restart them. Hell, think of it as a free respec from the ground up. Or delve into the enemy if you are a staunch Republic/Sith supporter. Playing as the other side might surprise you. And there are no limitations on servers for that. I have a jedi and a sith on the same server.

Anyways, I'm getting off my soapbox now. I'm just saying that there are other solutions than complaining nonstop to the devs that the queues are too long.

Thank you for your viewpoint. I went to the server that my guild was assigned prior to launch. I have been with the guild over 6 months prior to launch and I plan on sticking with them. My character is lvl 38 and I do not plan on investing that much time on another server. My gaming time is important to me when I get the time because I have other responsibilities. Nothing is more frustrating thatn waiting an hour to get in the game, then play for a little bit only to have to go afk to take care of home business. When I get back, I am logged off and have to get back into a queue. Very frustrating. The main issue is that we were forced by bioware into a server that ended up being the most populated.

Anyone knows if you to start new char on other server, will you get all items which comes with delux version on new char too?. I was trying to ask for it customer service but these mentally challenged people answer "sorry for the queues" etc. lol IQ around 50

FWIW Queue times are improving but it is still absolutely necessary that Bioware find a way to respect a person's position in the queue even if they get DQ'd.

I would honestly like to pause my subscription until this gets worked out because getting bumped to the end of the line creates obvious emotions of rage / murder / etc. mostly toward AT&T... but the problem is that I can't really turn off my DSL in disgust....

FWIW Queue times are improving but it is still absolutely necessary that Bioware find a way to respect a person's position in the queue even if they get DQ'd.

I would honestly like to pause my subscription until this gets worked out because getting bumped to the end of the line creates obvious emotions of rage / murder / etc. mostly toward AT&T... but the problem is that I can't really turn off my DSL in disgust....

I thought there was a recent patch that addressed that issue.

This is outrageous - the queues will not go away.

To the trolls telling us to move to others server - yeah, i do this, but only when I can move my characters! My highest level is 34, and that took long enough already to just re-roll on another server.

Please, BioWare, open up for movement of characters or strengthen your infrastructure.

So create a new toon on one of the other servers. This is not the end of the world. The ONLY reason you're stuck in a queue is because you refuse to move to another server. The majority of servers currently have NO wait time at all.

You are a troll, and a big one I might add - what about, let's say, one month from now, when your server is full all the time - will you just re-roll on another server, or will you by that time DEMAND a solution instead of workarounds?

So create a new toon on one of the other servers. This is not the end of the world. The ONLY reason you're stuck in a queue is because you refuse to move to another server. The majority of servers currently have NO wait time at all.

There is no option to move. It was totaly predictable that some servers would be overcrowded, just look at just about EVERY other MPORG launch in history. Yet they weren't prepared and didnt have a solution in place. The guild launch program just made it even worse with people stuck on servers they can't even blame themselves for picking. What did they learn from past launches ?. I think the answer to that is simple they know MPORG players will put up with a crap service so thats what they get.

Edited by Hillde