Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

I'm really looking forward to seeing how LACKLUSTER this "reward" is. Honestly, these guys at Bioware do NOT know how to reward subscribers at all. 500CC....yes, it's a start and the thought that counts, but obviously they couldn't think anything up (considering the forums are FULL of ideas) but free CC. :rolleyes:

After having spent 15 bucks a month the past year i'd say free 500cc is pretty underwhelming. And if this Cartel item that cost 10 cc is just some dumb emote, firework, or party jawa.....I will honestly be pretty pissed. Give us some armor that isn't ugly for once (think Darth Maul or Darth Talon), or a legacy offhand for only subscribers. (see...there is two idea's right there).

After all the insults and abuse Bioware puts up with, you should be grateful to even get 500 cc and a special gift later. :rolleyes:

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the insults and abuse Bioware puts up with, you should be grateful to even get 500 cc and a special gift later. :rolleyes:

While I don't agree with abuse, feedback is essential. Something I think Bioware ignores too much. There are things people having been wanting since DAY 1 for example. Maybe you'd rather people just keep quiet and accept things how they are even though they pay a monthly fee? Yes, the gestapo mentality works for you.

Wait you just said....I should be "grateful" they actually decided to even THINK of rewarding subscribers? Seriously? Just wow.....

Edited by DarthVengeant

I wonder why BioWare gets a lot of insults and abuse in the first place.

In response to what you are going to say, no. .. It's not because people are qqers, It's because BioWare doesn't listen to the community.

Wait a minute, this isn't the fireworks is it?

Surprise!

I guess 500 CC isn't bad/useless thing, like fireworks would be, still...

I kind of hoped that answer from BW to "we feel you're focusing too much on CM, not enough on features avaible to subsribers" issue would be something not related to CM. It does ammount to small "hey, now you can use appearance designer for free, for a bit", but also shows that SWTOR world spins around CM and CM only.

While I don't agree with abuse, feedback is essential. Something I think Bioware ignores too much. There are things people having been wanting since DAY 1 for example. Maybe you'd rather people just keep quiet and accept things how they are even though they pay a monthly fee? Yes, the gestapo mentality works for you.

Wait you just said....I should be "grateful" they actually decided to even THINK of rewarding subscribers? Seriously? Just wow.....

^ This. Don't worry about Reno, he tried to do the whole BioWare is holy speech in the Revan thread.

I'm not complaining about the CC. It's a nice little bonus. However, it's not a good "appreciation" gift. It feels like a bandaid more than a gift. It's like giving your girlfriend flowers when you screw up. If you only give them when you screw up, it's not appreciation, it's hide-covering.

Now, if this is a frequently recurring gift, that's a different story. If they do something nice (and different) each month, that's a different story. But to feel appreciated, we need something a little more special than what amounts to a 5$ coupon.

I also hope that every single subscriber can log in to get the one-day-only super surprise. I'm going to be out of town quite a bit this month, and if I miss it, I know that won't help me feel appreciated. All this is doing is reinforcing that the CM is the be-all and end-all of this game.

Edited by TheSeventhJedi

???? Is how I feel. Seems like the item should have been out the same time everyone got told they were getting the free cartel coins.

Secondly how great will this item be. It seems that one of the big issues BW seem to have is over hyping things. When we are told about big annoncements we all assume huge big and get a small thing people guessed at. Same goes for the appreciation and things like it. They seem very good at getting people agry by making things some bigger than they are and when we get them we feel disappointed.

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

KOTOR's 10th anniversary is 10 days from now and we have to save 10 coins...too coincidental!

:D

Wow, that is really coincidental! :rak_03:

Edit: Soon™ = later today btw!

Soon, however, does not refer to the 10cc item releasing, only details upon it. Based on that fact, along with the signature Rakghoul smily-face of Eric Musco, I'm going to guess Galnar was right.

Question is, what is it? What could possibly be worth 10cc, related to KotOR? HK-47 customization for HK-51? Heart of the Guardian crystal? Mantle of the Force crystal? KotOR-related title? KotOR-related emote?

Edited by idnewton

^ This. Don't worry about Reno, he tried to do the whole BioWare is holy speech in the Revan thread.

Hey don't get mad at me, because you refuse to accept the truth. I would love to see Revan's outfit in Black but Bioware has made it clear they want it as Light Grey, so it's gonna be Light Grey.

???? Is how I feel. Seems like the item should have been out the same time everyone got told they were getting the free cartel coins.

Secondly how great will this item be. It seems that one of the big issues BW seem to have is over hyping things. When we are told about big annoncements we all assume huge big and get a small thing people guessed at. Same goes for the appreciation and things like it. They seem very good at getting people agry by making things some bigger than they are and when we get them we feel disappointed.

That's why I have lowered expectations, I log in and play the game for my entertainment. Everything else is icing on the pie.

I wonder why BioWare gets a lot of insults and abuse in the first place.

In response to what you are going to say, no. .. It's not because people are qqers, It's because BioWare doesn't listen to the community.

LOL Why should we be grateful to Bioware? If there's someone here that should be grateful, it's Bioware and their staff...

We are giving them money every month... what they give to us is just fair and right. And Bioware are getting insults and abuse because they're not delivering the content subscribers want. Subscribers have every right to complain, and say stuff to Bioware.

I think people forgot the fact that we are the one putting money in Bioware's pocket. it should be them being grateful.. not us...

Though Bioware needs to work hader because 500 Cartel Coins is not good enough to show their appreciation.

Edited by Mark-JPS

LOL Why should we be grateful to Bioware? If there's someone here that should be grateful, it's Bioware and their staff...

We are giving them money every month... what they give to us is just fair and right. And Bioware are getting insults and abuse because they're not delivering the content subscribers want. Subscribers have every right to complain, and say stuff to Bioware.

I think people forgot the fact that we are the one putting money in Bioware's pocket. it should be them being grateful.. not us...

There is a difference between being a dissatisfied customer looking for better content and giving constructive feedback and being a DBag that just puts them down while trying to explain their frustration. Turns out, polite and constructive gets noticed first, and the dbag is left wondering what just happened.

Hey don't get mad at me, because you refuse to accept the truth. I would love to see Revan's outfit in Black but Bioware has made it clear they want it as Light Grey, so it's gonna be Light Grey.

You see... I understand how your mind works now. You don't think about the bigger picture. I noticed this when you completely ignored what EricMusco said about the details being released soon. Your mind only saw what you wanted to see. You saw "getting a new item today" even though he didn't say that at all.

Just like when EricMusco didn't say he was happy with light Grey. He was happy that the colors matched(both bug versions). Instead you saw only what you wanted to see. You saw this: "we like light grey and you will all have to deal with it".

This stems from your statement that we should be grateful we are getting rewarded. You are so close-minded that even if someone showed you concrete evidence, you would stand by your own belief.

There is a difference between being a dissatisfied customer looking for better content and giving constructive feedback and being a DBag that just puts them down while trying to explain their frustration. Turns out, polite and constructive gets noticed first, and the dbag is left wondering what just happened.

We've seen what those dissatisfied customer did right? They unsubscribed and was a loss to Bioware. Now, will this 'subscriber appreciation reward' going to keep them longer? Maybe not.

Though Bioware needs to work hader because 500 Cartel Coins is not good enough to show their appreciation.

Why should they work harder? It's obvious that nothing they do will be a good enough reward to people like you.

• Dev Post
Soon, however, does not refer to the 10cc item releasing, only details upon it. Based on that fact, along with the signature Rakghoul smily-face of Eric Musco, I'm going to guess Galnar was right.

Question is, what is it? What could possibly be worth 10cc, related to KotOR? HK-47 customization for HK-51? Heart of the Guardian crystal? Mantle of the Force crystal? KotOR-related title? KotOR-related emote?

Well idnewton, what I can say is that one of your guesses is correct. :)

I'm confused, did you read my post? You and I are on the same page. Maybe you read my post wrong or maybe you meant to quote Reno.

Why should they work harder? It's obvious that nothing they do will be a good enough reward to people like you.

There's one thing that will satisfy a loyal subscriber.. that is by not promoting the Cartel Market every time. I bet you're not bothered with the excessive Cartel Market strategy they want to implement?

@Sith my bad. It wasn't you haha :p It's the other guy you were talking to as well.

As always, fanboys who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel are the ones not helping the game succeed... they're the ones killing their own favorite game by condoning Bioware's Cartel Market strategy. If this is a complete Free to Play who relies on in-game store, I would understand that... but no...

Edited by Mark-JPS

You see... I understand how your mind works now. You don't think about the bigger picture. I noticed this when you completely ignored what EricMusco said about the details being released soon. Your mind only saw what you wanted to see. You saw "getting a new item today" even though he didn't say that at all.

Just like when EricMusco didn't say he was happy with light Grey. He was happy that the colors matched(both bug versions). Instead you saw only what you wanted to see. You saw this: "we like light grey and you will all have to deal with it".

This stems from your statement that we should be grateful we are getting rewarded. You are so close-minded that even if someone showed you concrete evidence, you would stand by your own belief.

Well you keep on wasting your time expecting a response for something that doesn't need fixing, fixed. I'll be over here awaiting news of what my 10 cc award is. :p

I'm not complaining about the CC. It's a nice little bonus. However, it's not a good "appreciation" gift. It feels like a bandaid more than a gift. It's like giving your girlfriend flowers when you screw up. If you only give them when you screw up, it's not appreciation, it's hide-covering

What exactly is the screw-up?