please help!!!

mightysha

i really need help im getting new pc but i have a very tight budget been using wifes pc till now

AMD Opteron Dual Core 2.8Ghz (2220) - 64-Bit

4GB DDR2 ECC RAM

ATI HD5450 1GB

or this

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300

- 2.50 GHz

- 1333 MHz FSB

- 4 MB L2 Cache

RAM 3GB

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 - 256MB

Also consider getting refurnished units from vendors like Dell.com. They are typically very good value for what they are. Sometimes those are returned by customers who ordered them new but decided they don't like it and returned, or the vendor processed the order wrongly and the computer had to be returned.

Both of these are pretty old configurations and I'm not sure you'd be able to play SWTOR without major headaches. Also the recent drivers won't / may not work on this old hardware.

As Bigbearbear wrote, you might be better off looking into recent PCs, low-to-mid end, at a discounted or used/refurbished price, as they'll generally perform better than old hardware (unless you're a tech expert who can keep and maintain old PCs).

Or you could talk to a local computer shop and ask them to build you a computer from parts, sometimes it's cheaper (but computer shops are like car dealers, there are the honest ones and the.. others).

This is slightly better than your 1st pick.

The Core2 Duo E6550 is from the previous generation of Intel CPUs.

The GT 610 is a low end budget graphic card but fairly recent (according to wikipedia it's a rebranded GT 520).

If you're buying a used computer it's really difficult to predict how it will behave, it's really like a car. If the previous owner kept it in good health I guess it should be able to run SWTOR at low settings, but anything could happen, really.

All of those listed would be really iffy on playability. Some may not play it. That last one though may work on low-medium settings. Depends on the motherboard and some other variables though on whether you'd have issues or game crashes. Might need a more powerful graphics card than what's listed there.

To look for if you can swing it:

- Windows 7 64 bit

- 4 GB or more of DDR3 RAM

- Intel i5 CPU or AMD's comparable processors.

This game puts more on the CPU than graphics card, but still get as good a specced. card as you can afford. Those can be found on sale all the time on the internet, so if need be you can buy a PC at a price that works for you and buy a discounted card separately. They're easy to install and set up.

If you can build a new PC yourself I suggest doing so. You can get the best bang for your $.

Edited by Joesixxpack