So I went with a group of 4 guys to do False Emperor HM... we were going good (2 or 3 deaths) and beat HK-47 second try no problems.

However, as soon as we beat the boss, they all had to log...

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is kind of rude, saying you will do a flashpoint means you are dedicated to the end, and should have set a 4 hour period to complete it.

I wasted 3 hours and about 60k in repair fees and got nothing out of it. Because people are not well organized enough.

Well I did get 7 tionese crystals... but they are worthless... champion pvp gear is totally better and easier to get.

Just a warning to anyone thinking about doing HMs, try to think before going into a FP, think if you have enough time... and please don't go if you are wayyyy under-geared.

Just raging... don't mind me.

it is rude? depends on how long you'd spent on it already and how many times you'd wiped and how close you were to finishing

10 minutes, 0 wipes? very rude

6 hours, 20 wipes, almost no progress? totally understandable

where you draw the line between rude and acceptable will be a personal thing, but 60k on repairs sounds like 5-6 wipes, which I think would be reasonable for a pug to stop after

no offence but if i was in there for 3hrs i would have left also, thats a bit of a joke tbh.

last night i got home at 17:50

by 18:38 i had turned on my PC, loaded up swtor, got a group ran FE hm and handed in the daily quest.

we wiped once. and attempted 4 times to get HK-47 to turn up so we could kick his arse. other than that is was a nie fast and easy run as always.

3hrs is a ridiculous amount of time to be spending in there.

I guess the OP is PUGging for this one. In that case, I am surprised it took 3 hours for people to give up.

Generally, I would say PUGs are a good way to move through the normal mode FPs, but when you get to the HM flashpoints and operations, doing them with anything other than a Guild group is both a pain and a potential risk - as OP points out, the repair bill and time spent with nothing worthwhile to show for it.

Finding a guild is not for everyone, and often if you are in a guild then the guild cannot or does not run the HMs on a timetable that suits you. But they do go much more easily if you have voice comms with a well-coordinated group who know what they are doing.

blocking out a time slot of 4 hours for FE is rather unreasonble tbh. Generaly speaking 4 hrs of FE = alot of wipes and no PUGS gonna stick around for that EVER. If you enjoy PUGing (an nothing wrong if you do) may I suggest finding a teamate to pug run with consitently? Even if only 2 people are on the same page as far as communication/coordination within a PUG it can have a rather large impact in smoothing a run. Edited by BMBender

I guess the OP is PUGging for this one. In that case, I am surprised it took 3 hours for people to give up.

Generally, I would say PUGs are a good way to move through the normal mode FPs, but when you get to the HM flashpoints and operations, doing them with anything other than a Guild group is both a pain and a potential risk - as OP points out, the repair bill and time spent with nothing worthwhile to show for it.

Finding a guild is not for everyone, and often if you are in a guild then the guild cannot or does not run the HMs on a timetable that suits you. But they do go much more easily if you have voice comms with a well-coordinated group who know what they are doing.

my run was a pug run :p

guess Niman has some good pugs lol :)