Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I'm surprised this hasn't even gotten a Dev reply. I know that they mentioned that they were "working on it" way before 1.2, but this is fairly long discussed issue with nothing more than a "we hear ya" from the people in charge.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised this hasn't even gotten a Dev reply. I know that they mentioned that they were "working on it" way before 1.2, but this is fairly long discussed issue with nothing more than a "we hear ya" from the people in charge.

Jeff Hickman mentioned it in his last "State of the Game" - they're def aware of the issue

Still hoping and waiting on this as well. All the "permanent hood down" costume additions on the cartel market keeps making me fear they think that is the solution... when it's not. Trying not to be pessimistic, but this has been a really long wait. I still don't get why they didn't have this from the "hide head slot" option was added. They clearly get that appeal, so it doesn't make sense.

But of course, they didn't plan on having space combat at first, either. That astounded me when I heard about it way back when this was in beta? alpha?

Still hoping and waiting on this as well. All the "permanent hood down" costume additions on the cartel market keeps making me fear they think that is the solution... when it's not. Trying not to be pessimistic, but this has been a really long wait. I still don't get why they didn't have this from the "hide head slot" option was added. They clearly get that appeal, so it doesn't make sense.

But of course, they didn't plan on having space combat at first, either. That astounded me when I heard about it way back when this was in beta? alpha?

Yeh, they were supposed to have quite functional hood toggle back then. Dunno why it got scratched. Also I am tad annoyed with perma-hood down because at times (when travelling to Hoth, for example) I'd like to put my hood up on the Valiant armor.

Yeh, they were supposed to have quite functional hood toggle back then. Dunno why it got scratched. Also I am tad annoyed with perma-hood down because at times (when travelling to Hoth, for example) I'd like to put my hood up on the Valiant armor.

What, you want to roleplay and get closer to your game and character? Pffft, so foolish! :p

Yeah, the devs have a lot of reason to do this and I wish they would already. People are still going to want that Valiant armor even when we get a Hood toggle, so Cartel cash isn't really a reason.

What, you want to roleplay and get closer to your game and character? Pffft, so foolish! :p

Yeah, the devs have a lot of reason to do this and I wish they would already. People are still going to want that Valiant armor even when we get a Hood toggle, so Cartel cash isn't really a reason.

It's not foolish, this is what i was dreaming about since I heard about TOR and a possibility of being a Jedi... :'(

Now that there are some hood down options I don't care as much, as my Jedi is fifty and the bindo and valiant sets are all I need, but I still think this should be in for Alts. 2.1 seems such the perfect opportunity, but since this is so sought after, the lack of info makes me think once again. No hood toggle.

So patch 2.1 is finally here and no *********** hood toggle option!!!!!! also explain me the logic of why you can use Eradicator's mask with hood but you can't use Polished Marauder Headgear , Rakata/Columi Weaponmaster's Headgear (yes i still have this mask because they are awesome) or Kallig's Countenance (btw this one used to work with hood in beta and for a brief time in PTS,also the codex image of Lord kallig have the hood up) :rak_02: ?????? it's ridiculous that they haven't put the hood toggle or even say if they are working on it or something,one year since in 1.2 the said:"we are working on one".

Picture of the said helmets working with hoods in 2.0 PTS.

http://i34.tinypic.com/347fjt0.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/jjpxyh.jpg

And a current picture of them not..

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7771/darthnox.png

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cza4h4.jpg

Please BW or EA or whatever hear your subcribers suggestions!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Edited by DarthNexuss

Look at the new PvE end-game armor vendors for jedi knight. Both have two hoods. up at down. Bioware prepared hood down visuals. Why? Must be a reason. Hood toggle must be on its way! :'(

I've noticed this as well on my new chest piece. While happy at the notion that they may be preparing for hood toggle, it also worries me to a certain extent... I don't just want the hood to magically disappear and reappear in the two positions. I want the toggle to be an actual character animation of pulling it up or pulling it down.

I've noticed this as well on my new chest piece. While happy at the notion that they may be preparing for hood toggle, it also worries me to a certain extent... I don't just want the hood to magically disappear and reappear in the two positions. I want the toggle to be an actual character animation of pulling it up or pulling it down.

All I wanted was just the insta swtch between up/down. Animations are troublesome. Flourish is still broken for few months...