Gtn

LordCyke

Has there been any update to fixing the GTN search issues. I went from selling 30-50 items a week, to a total of five? I would assume its just a database indexing issue, but has Bioware said anything about this?

Thanks

Edited by LordCyke

Has there been any update to fixing the GTN search issues. I went from selling 30-50 items a week, to a total of five? I would assume its just a database indexing issue, but has Bioware said anything about this?

Thanks

Same happened to me, i went to selling 10 pieces of implants a day to none

I assume its because the search button doesnt work right, i would also assume it would be an easy fix but it seems either BW is not aware or they just want to completelly rework the gtn before putting more resources into fixing it i would guess that they should fix the bug before doing a complete rework cause its agravatting a lot of people that are not selling anything

Is it possible no one is buying anything because........

People are standing around the fleet spreading infectious germs?

It may pick up after the event is over. When they are well enough to go shopping.

Is it possible no one is buying anything because........

People are standing around the fleet spreading infectious germs?

It may pick up after the event is over. When they are well enough to go shopping.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with that

I actually stayed away from the GTN for a couple of days on some of my lower characters because of all the morons standing around in the Fleet Pass spot blowing up repeatedly, costing me 2k every few hours. The more annoying thing was the slowdown associated with 100+ people standing in one spot... that is one thing I won't miss at all- far worse than a dancing piccolo at the AH.

That being said, I haven't noticed any real issues on the GTN search function, other than that the orange level gear still doesn't filter right on level shuffles.

I think the buying has shifted dramatically since 1.2 however, at least on our server, so maybe that is something to look into? I've noticed a pickup in the lower level buying, so I assume there is more alt-ing going on. YMMV though.

That being said, I haven't noticed any real issues on the GTN search function, other than that the orange level gear still doesn't filter right on level shuffles.

Go to GTN, select implants (some others as well dont work) click "search"...nothing will happen

The only way it works now if you select either "cheap" or you have to manually select lvls

Go to GTN, select implants (some others as well dont work) click "search"...nothing will happen

The only way it works now if you select either "cheap" or you have to manually select lvls

That would be why I haven't run across it, I search by levels, because I hate clutter. Interesting... thanks for the heads up then :)

That would be why I haven't run across it, I search by levels, because I hate clutter. Interesting... thanks for the heads up then :)

Im pretty sure the casual low lvl player is not fully aware of this besides if a search function after selecting any implant for any level shows nothing in return they could presume there are no implants or anything else and walk away

I'm somewhat more inclined to believe that broken search (which is definitely true) is leading to fewer sales than people standing around in fleet near the GTN terminals. If anything one may argue that latter issue would lead to MORE sales.

That being said, the bug most of you are complaining about is that NOTHING shows up for implants/earpieces/ship parts/etc until you change something in the search. I actually sort of doubt that would be leading to a significant loss of sales. Most people would find it highly unlikely that entire sections would be COMPLETELY empty like that, so will probably ask in /general or tinker around with other options (and only 1 basically needs to be changed), and then see the stuff for sale.

The issue I think that's likely affecting sales is the innaccuracy of the text filter. I've got about 15 Augmented orange pieces of armor up for sale, (and yes, they do all have "Augment" in the name) However when you search for them, if you put "Augment" in the text filter, only about half of them show up as a result. Since there are *some* results, the average user isn't going to notice many of them are inexplicably missing. They aren't going to count the "augmented" ones when there is no filter, and then see if they all show up when you add the filter. And, of course, when they are specifically looking for augmented (and only augmented) versions, odds are pretty good they'll put that into the filter to narrow their search. (and Augment is just an example. i've heard the filter is equally wonky with other terms)

Edited by GnatB

My opinion is the legacy stuff a soaked up a huge amount of credits from the economy. I haven't been able to sell anything since the patch.

^ my thought,(OT) though I don't know who will spend money on the legacy perks. Most of them are pretty useless.

Not only legacy perks, but the removal of mounts also made people buy them before they disappeared.

(sucking the money out of the economy was one of the goals of 1.2)

has Bioware said anything about this?

Thanks

Hello there!

Indeed, this particular issue has been added to the Known In-Game Issues thread, and is being worked on. For those unaware, there is a workaround:

Players can search these categories in combination with Rarity, or Level to return their intended results.

Hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

Edited by CommunitySupportEN

Hello there!

Indeed, this particular issue has been added to the Known In-Game Issues thread, and is being worked on. For those unaware, there is a workaround:

Hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

That only mentions that the GTN filtering is not returning anything for the categories Earring/Implant/SpaceParts/Mount/Pet, which although true is only PART of the problem.

The filtering also sometimes doesn't return ALL items that it should when you input a search string.

For instance I have some purple rank 22 Absorption augments up for sale, but when I input "absorption" in the augment category it only returns the rank 21's for sale! Likewise when trying to search for augmented lightsabers (1-handed) and I input "augmented" it doesn't return anything (not even when I also use the rarity filter to select "Custom") even though there are plenty of augmented lightsabers for sale.

This is at least equally bad to the search not displaying anything because this way people think those specific items are simply not for sale while the rest of the category is.

Edited by Rhaphael

Yesterday i was playing with a guildy whos lvl50 and he told me he was looking for implants for his alt, i told him to go to the gtn and if he found any implants made by me that he need it to tell me so i could pick them or craft them and give them to him, so he went there and clicked search and told me, hey there are no implants at all....doh !!!!

I can only think of how many sells i have lost....argggg !!!