Item Modification Station

rpointon

As i understand it from experience and speaking to other players, the item modification station serves absolutley no purpose as you can just control right click a moddable item and modify it that way.

Here are my thoughts on making the station actually useful:

1) make it cheaper to extract items from armour andd weapons by 50%. So you could extract the mod from an epic armour item for half the cost it would be to control right click and remove.

2) When you replace an old mod with a new mod through the station you get a bit of material back from "recycling" the old item, you dont get higher Reverse Engineering chance but just material back for the old item rather than just discarding it like what happens at present.

3) you get a random additional +1 bonus for the item you add, so if the item normally has 20 endurance and 20 strength, on some occasions the item then becomes 21 endurance and 20 strength. or you could have it so that it gives a new random stat like +1 aim or something.

Thoughts ?

• 2 months later...

Thank you forum searching for finding this thread to resurrect.

PLEASE enable Item Modification Stations (one of which is right next to the Inquisitor/Warrior Tionese/Columi/Rakata/Campaign vendors on Imp Fleet) by seriously reducing or eliminating the exorbitant cost of mod removals. Leave the cost as is for mod removal away from a station, but if we take the time to actually go to a station to make these changes in our gear then don't penalize us so much.

30k credits for a single mod is ridiculous. That's 90k+ per item, and too much even for a credit sink. I don't mind paying some credit fee, but currently the cost is too high.