Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

As with previous recruits, I too have been asked to post my experience with the recruitment process with Pax. I applied with Pax Imperius, but as their charter says, you are not simply applying with Imperial or Republic side. You are applying to a community. There are many different guilds with the Pax name that cover different games. This is what attracted me to this guild. Although I have no requested admittance to the Republic side, I feel that there would be no problem once the full recruitment process is over.

Like many others, i have enjoyed the whole process. The questions asked are more of a getting to know you rather than traditional guild recruitment questions. Just a suggestions though, don't choose a long user name! Believe me, you'll regret it later. Also, I have asked many questions of other members and they have been answered in the same candid nature that I have answered theirs.

Please feel free to look me up in game if you have any other questions. I'll be playing as Zee-Ro. I hope consider the Pax gaming community when looking for a guild.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Prettylilliar, and I'm am in the recruitment phase with Pax.

what can I say about a place where people go out of their way to get to know you? Frightening, intimidating, and unusual...now these are not bad things to be sure. For people like myself whom have never dealt with forums it was pretty intimidating at first. The people here truly show a genuine desire to know you and that is when my fear began to fade. I was able to show myself to others without feeling as if i would be judged or talked down to. There is a real sense of unity within Pax that I have never seen in any guild or any game I have ever played before. Pax is one in a million and I mean that. :p

Greetings,

I've been asked to post a quick note to the community about my experience thus far in the PAX application process. I had read the previous posts in this thread, before deciding to sign up, so I knew this was coming...

The folks I've met so far are cool. Joining a new community (of any type) can be daunting, but just hanging out in TS the last week has been fun and a great opportunity to get to know some PAX folks. The questions I've been asked run the gamete, from silly to serious, but all have a purpose.

Honestly, the biggest annoyance for me, is that there has been more stuff going on than I have time to do. Ops, World boss runs, even folks leveling alts. I don't know if my app will ultimately be accepted, but I do know that, regardless of the result, I feel the process PAX uses is straight forward and fair. Which is kinda refreshing...

tl;dr - I've found that the process really is "as advertised"

My name is Aarin Sunstrike, and I'm currently applying to Pax Dominus. :D This is the first time I've applied to a guild that has a trial period like this, and it actually gives me a lot of confidence in the guild's credibility. It's not a situation where they /ginvite every person who posts "LF guild pst" in Fleet General Chat--they're more about getting to know you, hanging out in game, and having a few laughs first.

The forum questions and interaction are very fun; they offer everything from silly questions to creative RP prompts, and it's a great way to share who you are and what they're getting in you. I have run a couple of flashpoints with people, and so far everyone has been fun and helpful. The Republic side of Pax depends pretty heavily on TeamSpeak, and in-game guild chat is pretty quiet (I'm not sure about Imperial side), so you really need to get on to TS to participate.

It seems like a great group of mature, experienced, and fun people who are very thoughtful about their guild. It's refreshing and I'm having a great time so far! Definitely recommended.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like others here, I've been asked to share my thoughts on Pax partway through the recruitment process. I've enjoyed interacting with guild members through my application thread; the questions range from thoughtful to extremely silly, but have led to some fun exchanges and given me a bit of a feel for the people behind the handles.

In-game (all Republic so far), I honestly haven't interacted all that much with too many guild members yet, but I think that's largely because (a) I've been focused on solo stuff (getting to 55, etc.) and (b) I haven't been on TeamSpeak yet, which is apparently where much of the action happens. I will say that one particular guild member has been extremely friendly and helpful - running me through Oricon to help get my new 55 geared up, checking in to see if I need any help or want to start running FPs, etc. Everyone in the guild seems to be very friendly; I just haven't been taking advantage of that yet. I do see several folks from the guild on almost constantly, no matter what weird times or days I log in, which is always nice.

All in all, I'm quite impressed with their organization and friendliness so far; more updates as they happen!

:D I have been in PAX now for alittle over two weeks and I must say that I have enjoyed every minute of it, They have brought my faith back to TOR and I am here to stay. Thank you PAX for showing me luv and kindess...Jezzy

I am also in the recruitment process and have been asked to post on this thread. They do say that it has no effect on our acceptance or rejection in the guild.

So far it's been very interesting. They do PvP almost daily, mostly casual unranked PvP, and in all kinds of different brackets. Several players do ranked as well I think. There is ample opportunity to join in, and they make sure everyone who wants to participate can. It seems like their PvE operations have 2 different styles (I think), closed Ops that are more hardcore and open signups for Ops that are more casual/gearing oriented. I think its a good balance, but I don't have a 55 yet, so I haven't participated in any of the Ops yet. So far as I've been here, I haven't seen much GSF activity, but then its only been a little over a week.

It is a relatively large community overall, but I have been really impressed with how much personal attention they give to you. I was participating in a PvP strategy/information event and the GM Infidel whispered me to see how I was doing and how I felt the event was going. It's intimidating being around all new people, but they do their very best to make you feel comfortable.

One last interesting thing is that they not only have a lot of women in the guild, but also a lot of women in management and some very skilled female players at that. There wasn't a single ounce of sexism I ever saw or heard against anyone, and I already feel proud of the way this guild manages that aspect of game. I'm not a female, so this wasn't a big deal for me, but if you're looking for a female friendly guild, I don't think you can do much better than here.

They also have several other games with a Pax presence, so if you are a multi-game player, this could be a great fit for you.

Edited by QuickBunnie

Erm... trying to register on their site. And the stupid captcha question is "What community is this?" I've tried paxgmaing.com, paxgaming, swtor, Dominus / Imperius

Any kindfull hints on what they are actually asking for?

Erm... trying to register on their site. And the stupid captcha question is "What community is this?" I've tried paxgmaing.com, paxgaming, swtor, Dominus / Imperius

Any kindfull hints on what they are actually asking for?

I believe Pax Gaming or just Pax should work.

I'm at the point in my application process where they ask you to come post in this thread. Makes sense...it keeps the thread visible without unduly cluttering up the boards, and as you can see from all the posts, Pax has a healthy thriving guild presence in Swtor.

Anyway, the people I've met and talked to, in vent or in guild chat, have all been great. I've raided with them now 3 times, and each time was a lot of fun. People were helpful, generous, and honestly just a great bunch of folks to play with.

The application process is fairly long but pretty painless for all that. The requirements are reasonable. All in all, I quite like the guild, and if (like me) you've been searching for a solid guild that raids, RPs, and pvps, you should check them out.

I'm in the second week of the application process with pax and it definitely is a unique guild recruitment process. So far, the folks that have asked me questions seem pretty cool and the guild always seems to have a good presence in game even late at night when I usually play. I would say if you're looking for a guild, give these guys a shot. Some of the questions they ask during recruitment are pretty funny and they seem like good people so far.

I’m a returning PAX member from another game a few years ago. Got to love a gaming community where you can switch games, take an extended break or whatever you need and they are there for you when you need assistance, advice or general live questions. Good people, no matter if its old friends you’re reconnecting with or ones you are meeting for the first time. You will not find a better group of people to game with, but it’s much more then gaming with this community.

Ebabo

Edited by tabubu

:rak_01: Okay so first things first, these people are one of thee most insane, crazy, blithering insane and crazy that you'll ever meet. But don't let that rule you out from them, they are one of thee most fun communities you'll ever meet. The application process is 2 weeks long, and when you start it your basically already in the community, but they want you to get to know everyone first and ask rather funny questions, before making you a full member. And one of the best parts we have people that love to do everything, from PvPing, PvEing, RPing, to throwing a round blue ball at each other, or snow, or glitter.

So yes these people are a blast to chill with and they are fabulous :rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

I have recently reapplied for Pax Imperius, I was a previous member about a year ago. After going through the recruitment process twice I can say that it is one of the most fun/enjoyable recruitments I have been a part of. Each member that posts in the recruitment thread comes up with really amazing questions to ask to get to know not only the character but also the person behind it. The whole Pax community makes you feel welcome.

I am in the second week of recruitment. Let me first say, you are not just joining a guild on SWTOR -- you are joining a family. They have guilds in pretty much every MMO, and are active. Very good group of guys/girls who are fun, enjoy playing games and helping others. Thoroughly have enjoyed my recruitment so far, and looking forward to the future with them.

In terms of SWTOR specifically, if you want to do it, they do it. Raids, pvp, rp. All encompassing guild/empire. Thoroughly one of the best guilds I have known or been associated with.

This would be my first application for PAX and it was also a first for such an involved community. I was a bit nervous joining because I just saw all these people, but fear not! They have been absolutely welcoming and even though there are so many members, you feel included in all of their activities and discussions which is quite incredible. I have been playing SWTOR for quite awhile and it was really important to find an active guild/community. I would definitely recommend anyone to join because they are so much fun and at the same time very well organized.

Very active guild whether you want to play Imperial or Republic, and whether or not you want to RP, PVP, PVE they encourage all of it. Pax isn't just a guild, it's a community for gamers and involved in many different games. The application process isn't bad and can be kind of fun! :) It's a good way for people to get to know each other. Always people on at any time of day as well, so very active and social community here.

I am currently in the recruitment phase of joining Pax, but I have to say, even though I have been through a few guild recruitment's in my long time of playing MMO's, I have never had the pleasure and fun of answering the many offbeat questions as I have had with Pax. If this is what it is like in the recruitment phase, I can't wait to see how the guild is in game :) The guild is very friendly and I can't wait to have many years of gaming with them. May the force be with you! :csw_atat:

I am currently going through the application process for Pax and I have to say it was one of the most interesting application processes I've been through. No spoilers or anything but I can say that the members of the Pax Community are not afraid to ask you anything. However, I personally feel that this process was a good thing since it ensures that the people who join the guild are quality people of like minds. Edited by Strongwolf

I'm currently going through the recruitment process and it's been interesting.

Some of the questions were different then what you would expect. It was fun, you get to know a little bit about them and they get to know a little bit about you.

I've had the pleasure of knowing some of the members from when I used to play SWG,great group of people.