Force Leap needs a nerf

RaithHarth

I was just playing voidstar and somehow when the Bridges weren't even down yet, a Sith Juggernaut was able to force leap over onto the other side and set a bomb on the door, this is the first time I ever seen this happen. Edited by RaithHarth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just playing voidstar and somehow when the Bridges weren't even down yet, a Sith Juggernaut was able to force leap over onto the other side and set a bomb on the door, this is the first time I ever seen this happen.

You know that gap in the middle? Yea, don't go near that when the enemy team has competent leapers.

That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.

So you think it was a hack then? because he was able to leap over and set a bomb on the door

That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.

??? What do you suspect the "cause" was? It's most certainly designed to leap across....

There is an open area right in front of the speed buff near the bridges. This is the ONLY place that someone can get across and they have to be using charge on a target to do it.

So you think it was a hack then? because he was able to leap over and set a bomb on the door

It was not a hack... the poster above you is incorrect.

There is no force field in the middle of either side and if a player is standing on the edge not only can a warrior leap to the player on the other side if the bridges still are not down but a defending sorc can also pull a player back to help defend the bridge nodes.

In the end... working as intended. Well maybe not... but it's fine. You have to stand RIGHT on the edge for it to work so either a dumb player looking for a good view was too close or it was a player looking for a friendly pull back the to defending side that got taken advantage of.

Either way.... nothing special. Nothing game breaking.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

It was not a hack... the poster above you is incorrect.

There is no force field in the middle of either side and if a player is standing on the edge no only can a warrior leap to the player on the other side if the bridges still are not down but a defending sorc can also pull a player back to help defend the bridge nodes.

In the end... working as intended. Well maybe not... but it's fine. You have to stand RIGHT on the edge for it to work so either a dumb player looking for a good view was too close or it was a player looking for a friendly pull back the to defending side that got taken advantage of.

Either way.... nothing special. Nothing game breaking.

Still the distance between the bridge to the other side is crazy, the force leap needs to be nerfed down abit, it just gives leapers an unfair advantage to other players that can't reach them

Still the distance between the bridge to the other side is crazy, the force leap needs to be nerfed down abit, it just gives leapers an unfair advantage to other players that can't reach them

No, it's your fault for standing where you shouldn't. Learn from your mistake and move on.

It's not worth changing.... your cause is one of little importance.

THIS is not the kinda thing I want the development team wasting their time with, especially with how little it gets used and the other fact that it takes 2 players to take advantage of it.

And like I said... it's not only leapers... it's also sorcs... hell... jump on a sniper and shoot someone close to the edge. You're wasting your time on this one. Not... that... serious.

LOL! Like it's the only map where leapers have an advantage...

No, it's your fault for standing where you shouldn't. Learn from your mistake and move on.

actually it wasn't me who stood on the other side it was one of my teammates, but the matter of the fact is the leap has too far of an advantage over all other abilities put together, and I thought it was overused in Huttball but now this? Look at the distance between the two sides between the bridge that's just crazy being able to leap over there!

Actually that gap is like 29m, from the protrusions (you know the ones VG/PTs stand on to grapple people and make them fall). Just dont stand on em and you're good.

Leap doesn't need a nerf though.

It's not worth changing.... your cause is one of little importance.

THIS is not the kinda thing I want the development team wasting their time with, especially with how little it gets used and the other fact that it takes 2 players to take advantage of it.

And like I said... it's not only leapers... it's also sorcs... hell... jump on a sniper and shoot someone close to the edge. You're wasting your time on this one. Not... that... serious.

So what would you suggest then? Have Bioware put force fields around the gap too so the leapers can't get across? because besides nerfing force leap that would be the only option.

Edited by RaithHarth

So what would you suggest then? Have Bioware put force fields around the gap too so the leapers can't get across? because besides nerfing force leap that would be the only option.

What I am suggesting is nothing... don't waste the time to fix something that isn't broken. Do... nothing.

Personally I like it because it adds another element to the match. A sorc goes to pull a friendly back over to defend... but BAM! get's knocked off. As just one example...

But yeah... my suggestion is to change nothing about the ability or the map. Not that serious.

Take 2 steps back. Problem solved without making drastic changes to class mechanics. Seriously, someone cant just leap to an area, they leap to a person. The only reason someone would stand there to begin with is if they are trying to grapple someone, or they are hoping they get leapt to, and the person then falls. No reason for sour grapes if your plan backfires.

Take 2 steps back. Problem solved without making drastic changes to class mechanics. Seriously, someone cant just leap to an area, they leap to a person. The only reason someone would stand there to begin with is if they are trying to grapple someone, or they are hoping they get leapt to, and the person then falls. No reason for sour grapes if your plan backfires.

Like I said above it wasn't me who was standing there, but a teammate, I just think the distance between the two sides and being able to leap there with someone standing there is abit over the top.