Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$

Everyone who ever pointed out that a class might be a bit overpowered its called QQ.

So if BW deems a class is to OP and its gets nerfed u lads just say they listened to QQ.

I haven't logged in since the friday after the patch.

I tried out a few WZs, and the massively reduced TTK made PvP almost painfully un-fun.

Id like an answer of some kind, even if it is just "we are aware and are working on a fix". Otherwise... when my 30 free days are over.. im unlikely to resub.

Everyone who ever pointed out that a class might be a bit overpowered its called QQ.

So if BW deems a class is to OP and its gets nerfed u lads just say they listened to QQ.

I disagree. There's a difference in saying for example. Bioware please fix this issue with my character. Imperial agents my mirror class can move while they stun people. Somewhat unfair that my character has to stand still to use dirty kick. Put's me at a disadvantage. Bioware replies you are right let's fix that. It is fixed, minor tweak makes things more balanced.

Now a qq'er. OMG SORCS ARE SO OP'D blah blah blah etc etc OMG HEALS ARE OP NERF THEM!!!!....sorc's were strong, but they were squishy i didn't see a problem with it...heals needed a minor tweak IMO, but when 90% of the community would rather complain than figure out a way to beat that particular class fine I guess you have to appease the "masses"

I was in a huttball with 3 friends today all playing DPS.

We got in a game vs 4 people from the best pub guild on the server.

No one scored because regardless of heals, when you got the ball you just died in 3-4 seconds. It was like a 15 minute deathmatch. It wasn't fun. I like slower paced strategic pvp rather than pure burst based.

If you want someone to die in 3 seconds, you need to have it set up, not just because you got everyone to target them.

I was in a huttball with 3 friends today all playing DPS.

We got in a game vs 4 people from the best pub guild on the server.

No one scored because regardless of heals, when you got the ball you just died in 3-4 seconds. It was like a 15 minute deathmatch. It wasn't fun. I like slower paced strategic pvp rather than pure burst based.

If you want someone to die in 3 seconds, you need to have it set up, not just because you got everyone to target them.

Yeah.. of the three huttballs i played the last time i logged in.. all of them ended scoreless. TTK is WAY to fast now.

I played a huttball where it was empire vs empire and it was just a gibfest. No-one scored, and our side won because I held the ball at the end.......but still died while the score screen was coming up. The announcer spam was ridiculous, the ball carrier was dying so fast.

Actually, the TTK isn't bad at all as far as puggin' goes...and teams that stack 4 healers still have no issues.

After a few days of "getting used to the changes", I barely remember the way that it was before...

Would be interesting to note. Bioware hasn't said anything about the 180 they have pulled on the state of pvp. The initial game was always slower paced, more tactical. Now, it is zergfest after zergfest.

I would like a definitive answer as well. If this is PVP, then it will be something I stop doing. If I wanted zerg pvp, I would play any of the other pvp mmos out there.

If by 180 you mean the fixing of mitigation on the expertise mitigation stat.

After 1.2.

1000 damage outgoing affected by 22% expertise = 1220 damage

1220 damage incoming affected by 18% expertise = 1000.4 damage

Notice the green numbers being equal.

Before 1.2

1000 damage outgoing affected by 13% expertise = 1130 damage

1130 damage incoming affected by 13% expertise = 983.1 damage

Notice the yellow numbers not being equivalent.

Now taking 983.1 damage as your 100% baseline...the DPS "buff" (in actuality fixing) is 1.76%.

PAY ATTENTION HERE: the only change to pvp "TTK" is damage affected by expertise has caused damage taken by players to increase by: 1.76% that is it. The reason? Because they wanted mitigation and damage to cancel each other out, not have one outweigh the other as was previously.

Quit crying about 1.76% and claiming its "insta gibb."

A supposed 5000 crit now hits for 5088 damage in 1.2. I highly doubt that "massive" increase is making anyone die faster.

Edited by MrXen

omg stop whining and leave already, its either "whaaaa i cant kill anyone" OR "whaaaaaa this is a zergfest."

these threads just make u look like complainers and really, wzs are popping as fast as they always were so, people are still pvping.

adapt and overcome. you will always have a large group of scrubs who roll fotm classes with every new percieved buff.

guardian vig spec since day one, and no its not the best spec or class in game, but since i stick with it and dont flip flop around like the scrubs im good with it.

please all of u just do us all a favor and leave.

I also hope they revert it to the TTK we had before.

I am not enjoying the current state of PvP at all. I feel like the quality has lessened and my satisfaction I get from it is nearly gone. I feel like every warzone has just become a zerg fest to who can obliterate people quicker (usually within the length of a 4 sec stun), and then cap -- only to be wiped by the next zerg and so on.

I hope for the sake of the game and more fun PvP in the future that they change it back. People spend way too much time behind force fields, and not enough gaming and fighting. Their goal should be to get us to fight more and be interactive for longer periods of time, instead of sitting behind a wall for 20 seconds only to be killed in 5 sec after you exit. Yes, I know some classes don't drop quite that fast but believe me, it's not very fun for the majority.

PAY ATTENTION HERE: the only change to pvp "TTK" is damage affected by expertise has caused damage taken by players to increase by: 1.76% that is it. The reason? Because they wanted mitigation and damage to cancel each other out, not have one outweigh the other as was previously.

WRONG! Its a compound reason why TTK is so f*****. Healings been nerfed in WZs, while damage output has been increased.

AND what about the insane buffs to marauders/juggernauts. They weren't there pre-1.2

I also hope they revert it to the TTK we had before.

I am not enjoying the current state of PvP at all. I feel like the quality has lessened and my satisfaction I get from it is nearly gone. I feel like every warzone has just become a zerg fest to who can obliterate people quicker (usually within the length of a 4 sec stun), and then cap -- only to be wiped by the next zerg and so on.

I hope for the sake of the game and more fun PvP in the future that they change it back. People spend way too much time behind force fields, and not enough gaming and fighting. Their goal should be to get us to fight more and be interactive for longer periods of time, instead of sitting behind a wall for 20 seconds only to be killed in 5 sec after you exit. Yes, I know some classes don't drop quite that fast but believe me, it's not very fun for the majority.

lol what game have you been playing chief? since day one sorcs could do there rediculous stun that dosent break on damage and id be dead before it was up.......always been this way.

After 1.2.

Before 1.2

1000 damage outgoing affected by 13% expertise = 1130 damage

1130 damage incoming affected by 13% expertise = 983.1 damage

Notice the yellow numbers not being equivalent.

Now taking 983.1 damage as your 100% baseline...the DPS "buff" (in actuality fixing) is 1.76%.

Quit crying about 1.76% and claiming its "insta gibb."

A supposed 5000 crit now hits for 5088 damage in 1.2. I highly doubt that "massive" increase is making anyone die faster.

blah blah blah ur statistics and fancy math don't prove anything. There is a statistic to prove a point for any argument. I will go off the eye test. The eye test tells me i magically lost 2k hp after 1.2. Now my attacks being a dps scoundrel got buffed, as did other classes that my friends play. And we are not talking 88 dmg difference. I'm talking about demolition round critting for over 5k now, whereas before it was critting for 3k at the most. Now my backblast does somewhere around 4k dmg when it crits, from about 2500 to 3k at the most before...btw that's not considering heals were nerfed....that's only 2 examples...it's a zerg fest let's call a spade a spade and stop being fan boys.

After 1.2.

And who says them being equal is a good thing? I've hard these argument many times how this is a fix and mathematically it's now correct. Who cares?

The quality of the PvP has obviously suffered and many players agree. The PvP wasn't as tested as broadly as should have been and the faults in the new 'fix' weren't evident. We are now seeing it and are thinking that the old 'broken' way of calculating expertise was probably better for the quality of the game.

Nothing wrong with things not being equal if the result is better.

WRONG! Its a compound reason why TTK is so f*****. Healings been nerfed in WZs, while damage output has been increased.

AND what about the insane buffs to marauders/juggernauts. They weren't there pre-1.2

by insane you must mean a 15% damage buff to a 30 sec cooldown channel u can run out of, lol

maras sents have always been very tough to kill because of there absurd def cds, that GUARDIANS should have NOT a dps class.

Healing from expertise was untouched and unchecked yet again. There is no counter stat. Damage output was increased by 1.76%, no more. You are grasping at straws where there are none for an excuse as to why you are dying in warzones really fast, when in all likelihood 1.2 caused a surge of previously inactive full BM players to come back and pvp (you weren't ready for experienced players). OR you are just making it up entirely about TTK.

And about the "insane buffs" to marauders/juggernauts, I don't know what to tell you. Take that dead horse argument elsewhere, class balance is fine, healing in general (in pvp) is not (because its overpowered).

lol what game have you been playing chief? since day one sorcs could do there rediculous stun that dosent break on damage and id be dead before it was up.......always been this way.

Yes, that would be the 4 second stun that the majority of classes have. And no, a sorc will not kill you within a 4 second stun, but all those people around you will, that you're not looking at. ;)

blah blah blah ur statistics and fancy math don't prove anything. There is a statistic to prove a point for any argument. I will go off the eye test. The eye test tells me i magically lost 2k hp after 1.2. Now my attacks being a dps scoundrel got buffed, as did other classes that my friends play. And we are not talking 88 dmg difference. I'm talking about demolition round critting for over 5k now, whereas before it was critting for 3k at the most. Now my backblast does somewhere around 4k dmg when it crits, from about 2500 to 3k at the most before...btw that's not considering heals were nerfed....that's only 2 examples...it's a zerg fest let's call a spade a spade and stop being fan boys.

well stop being fanboys if u l2p....deal?

cry more

and before too much heal we cannot kill...

and after we die to quick u gave too much dps (when in reality nobody play healer anymore)

it's not the DPS as the guy just proved with the number is that before we had 3/4 healer each match and they war spec as healer now healer that can spec dps go that way and pure healer are less and less

and you cry is too fast... but before there was too much heal...you will jsut cry again if the fix it perhaps because they lower DPS and tank became unstoppable... whatever just keep whining

Yes, that would be the 4 second stun that the majority of classes have. And no, a sorc will not kill you within a 4 second stun, but all those people around you will, that you're not looking at. ;)

thats what i was referring to. any cc thats not broken on dmg is OP in pvp. and lets not forget chain stunning.

Edited by vrgadin

blah blah blah ur statistics and fancy math don't prove anything. .

. I will go off the eye test.

LOL. You win a cookie for making me laugh :D

Landing on the moon? Nuclear power? Komputerz? Who needs mathz!

Just believe in it strong enough and it will happen. Disney logic ftw.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

And who says them being equal is a good thing? I've hard these argument many times how this is a fix and mathematically it's now correct. Who cares?

The quality of the PvP has obviously suffered and many players agree. The PvP wasn't as tested as broadly as should have been and the faults in the new 'fix' weren't evident. We are now seeing it and are thinking that the old 'broken' way of calculating expertise was probably better for the quality of the game.

Nothing wrong with things not being equal if the result is better.

1.76% is not causing "TTK" issues. L2P issues are causing TTK issues.

If you want to say that a 6000 damage crit (rare) turning into a 6000 *1.0176 = 6105 damage crit is causing you to die in half the time as before and argue that everyone's gameplay is ruined, then I'm done teaching children and arguing with lesser people. :rolleyes:

The only people "seeing gameplay quality issues" are people who planned to whine about 1.2 previously (no not a conspiracy theory); these are just the type of people who volunteer for a hiking trip and spend the whole time complaining about hiking.

I provided unbiased facts provided by in-game data that anyone anywhere can test themselves, what have you done?

Edited by MrXen