Why aren't all the Operations in the group finder

I dont see why having either a gear check for SM EC and Terror from beyond isnt possible and a 2nd tier for group finder pugs would fail. Wow does it and yes most groups fail at the start of new content but with in 1 - 2 weeks everyone knows the tactics (and yes bosses have been nerfed for group finder raids). But saying that a. the group finder groups automatically fail, you suggest that everyone who isn't in a guild is not a good player/situationally aware/not good at their class (rotations and basic theory crafting). not only posters on this forum say, but its seems bioware feels this way too (I may have read out of context but its how it comes across to me) and b. your progression stops at KP. So what do i do now? dailies? log on once a day do the daily HMFP and slowly grind away to get Black hole gear in a possible chance i might find someone making a pug group for tier 2 OPS? (which is what ive been doing so far) Its disheartening as I really liked the concept of swtor and i really like the game. but im bored, I would love to see the Tier 2 ops on the group finder and i think players would have a better experience than expected, because at the end of the day everyone wants to experience end game and will make the effort to be part of it.

I dont see why having either a gear check for SM EC and Terror from beyond isnt possible and a 2nd tier for group finder pugs would fail. Wow does it and yes most groups fail at the start of new content but with in 1 - 2 weeks everyone knows the tactics (and yes bosses have been nerfed for group finder raids). But saying that a. the group finder groups automatically fail, you suggest that everyone who isn't in a guild is not a good player/situationally aware/not good at their class (rotations and basic theory crafting). not only posters on this forum say, but its seems bioware feels this way too (I may have read out of context but its how it comes across to me) and b. your progression stops at KP. So what do i do now? dailies? log on once a day do the daily HMFP and slowly grind away to get Black hole gear in a possible chance i might find someone making a pug group for tier 2 OPS? (which is what ive been doing so far) Its disheartening as I really liked the concept of swtor and i really like the game. but im bored, I would love to see the Tier 2 ops on the group finder and i think players would have a better experience than expected, because at the end of the day everyone wants to experience end game and will make the effort to be part of it.

Here's what I suggest you do:

1. When you run pug HM FPs and get grouped with really good players, add them to your friends list.

2. When they're online, try to pull them together for operations.

EC and TfB can be tricky to master and are heavily execution-based. Most people solve this by getting in a guild of like-minded people. If this is something you're not interested in, try the above. It will at least give you a starting point of people who are likely to do well in the ops.

/2cents

Here's what I suggest you do:

1. When you run pug HM FPs and get grouped with really good players, add them to your friends list.

2. When they're online, try to pull them together for operations.

EC and TfB can be tricky to master and are heavily execution-based. Most people solve this by getting in a guild of like-minded people. If this is something you're not interested in, try the above. It will at least give you a starting point of people who are likely to do well in the ops.

/2cents

To add on to this once you have a good friends list of capable players create your own private pugging channel. Have anyone that you invite to the channel invite good capable players to the channel. Pretty soon you will have a solid pugging channel. Capable of building a solid pugged ops group in no time.

One easy way to add EC SM and TFB SM to the list is making a requirement that the person has completed it at least 2-3 times without group finder. This would mean that they have had success and have some idea how it works. This would allow a person to unlock the SM Op. Until the person has completed it enough it cannot be unlocked for GF SM Op Tier 2

Having people complete the content does not mean they're competent and versed in the said content. They could have been carried several times in alt gearing runs.

Inspecting players to check gear and then kicking them doesn't work, because people are there to get gear. That also leads to general chat nonsense, blacklisting and bad blood in the community.

I like the system how it is. Get into a guild or wait for guilds to be pugging on an off night. We have a large friends list from people we have pugged in and performed well. Sometimes we just recruit them and make them into raiders. Hell, we have multiple raid groups now.

Not everything needs to be on group finder.

All the Tier gear in the game has a rating! so just make specific OPs that require a certain level of gear to have a gear rating lvl, for example Columi has a rating of 136 so if i have overall gear rating of 600+ then I'm allowed to queue for EC HM via the group finder.

Then ppl can buy armorings/hilts from gtn and still sit on their tionese mods/enhancments and have 150 in armoring raiting.

I'd like to see a "solo training room" for each ops boss. Pass the training room and the story mode ops is unlocked for group finder.

Each training room wouldn't be an exact replica of the boss. It would only have each boss's story mode-only mechanics. To pass the training room, you need to avoid/clear their mechanics multiple times. Each role would additionally need to do different things to clear it as a means of gear check. DPS would need to maintain an X amount of damage and take less than an Y amount of damage. Healers would need to maintain an Z amount of heals and take less than a W amount of damage. Tanks would need to maintain an M amount of threat and take less than an N amount of damage.

Edited by ruminate

How about if you have the achievement for it you can queue for it? That can't be too hard to check for.

I've been on clears of EC and TFB that were pugged. I have the achievements for all the boss kills. Being able to auto queue at least for ops weekly quests would be wonderful.