TFB Secret Zone

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles

This. Some people are on PvP servers...that's a bigger obstacle than having to find other guilds to down these bosses. So many people get wrapped up in expecting the content to be tailored to them, what ever happened to allowing BW to have creative freedom to build whatever encounters they want? I'm personally loving this idea that we need to get more people involved.

Has the amulet been tested in 8man yet? To assume that there is no 8man entity might be naive.

About 16man: All of the 16man final bosses (HM/NiM) have been more difficult than their 8man versions. Don't dismiss 16 as the easier content.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this message in my PM box yesterday in regards to the orb...I don't know the person and don't know what it means. Perhaps nothing? I wonder.. It came in this format.

The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy.

The Rogue

:rak_02:

Somehow got sucked into this while reading. Love mysteries.

So uhm about that mail from "The Rogue". Sounds like a hint? If you type "star wars+scream darkness of mercy", in google, you'll end up finding an article about Anakin who killed sand people on tatooine while they screamed for mercy.

I received this message in my PM box yesterday in regards to the orb...I don't know the person and don't know what it means. Perhaps nothing? I wonder.. It came in this format.

:rak_02:

This looks like complete bs but w/e lmao.

Toth and Zorn scream (either visually or literally)

Terror From Beyond literally has a scream (still makes sense to use the orb on either him or the lootable)

Dreadtooth screams (don't know if carnage tried this already though)

I know it is a difficult concept to seize but let's try it slowly: R O T A T I O N.

What's the obstacle to 24 people from various guilds who banded together to do it again and rotate? In three weeks each member would do secret boss twice and even some guilds would step up this way to 16M ops for good.

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles, that's why some will keep winning and some keep failing, easy as that.

So make up for biowares mistake by farming out more essences to buff DT then wait another 30 mins for respawn so someone from the group of 8 sitting can get the item and then find 8 more people that didn't even help out with DT to kill entity?

Still sucks for some folks because you either have to wait and try to get a 2nd group formed for DT or 8 people are getting screwed. One would think bioware would balance 10 stack DT to a 16m raid so the same 16m raid could go knockout the entity right after.

Also, can carnage or another guild that eventually kills 10 stack check to see if you can summon the entity in 8m tfb too please? Just curious if its a 16m only deal.

Its hard enough getting 16 on to do a raid tougher to find 24.

Since 1.4 gave us the cave and 1.5 gave us Dreadtooth, I'm thinking that we need to wait for 1.7, 1.8 or RotHC for the final piece of the mission series.

I'm hoping it has something to do with Nightmare TFB, but it could have something to do with the 6th Operation (The Dread Masters). I suppose it might have something to do with the 5th Operation (Scum & Villainy) but that's on Varl and somehow the Hutt homeworld:csw_jabba: seems more smelly than scary.

Edited by AshlaBoga
typo

Since 1.4 gave us the cave and 1.5 gave us Dreadtooth, I'm thinking that we need to wait for 1.7, 1.8 or RotHC for the final piece of the mission series.

I'm hoping it has something to do with the Nightmare TFB, but it could have something to do with the 6th Operation (The Dread Masters). I suppose it might have something to do with the 5th Operation (Scum & Villainy) but that's on Varl and somehow the Hutt homeworld:csw_jabba: seems more smelly than scary.

I'm still wondering how they are going to implement Varl. I mean according to the lore object you get in game about Varl the planet is uninhabiltable and completely empty...space station varl? moon of varl? biodome varl?

I have a feeling it will probably be used in nightmare tfb but that is pure guessing at this point.

Quote:

The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy.

The Rogue

Doesn't the amulett say something like "Forces everybody near you to scream" ? and I would consider the cave as rather dark and TFB as a mercy of some kind.

So assuming the message isn't a troll and is really there to help us finding out what the Orb is all about it tells us to further investigate the cave where the entity spawns. Has somebody allready tryed to use the orb in the Entity Cave? Maybe, and thats just guessing to this point, it turns the player you use it on in a gate of some kind and you get in a completely hidden room. Would be cool to be able to kick the last 3% out of the TFB instead of letting it fly back in the Hypergate ;-)

Has somebody else got this strange message? Where you the one the instance was belonging to when beating the entity?

Okay that seems like either NiM TFB or DM (The Dread Masters). I'm guessing that's it something for the final Operation in the Dread Master saga. Maybe we need the orb in order to beat the 6th Operation? If so that would be pretty cool:D

Edited by AshlaBoga

you try using the orb in the white circle during dreadtooth?

what is that circle for?

also i think the title resurgest is a clue

the white circle is a marker for the point where you first pulled dreadtooth, anyone in the ops group within a certain distance of the circle then receives the drouk hunter buff.

"the Resurgent" refers to the stacks of "Dreadful Resurgence" we put on the boss.

the white circle is a marker for the point where you first pulled dreadtooth, anyone in the ops group within a certain distance of the circle then receives the drouk hunter buff.

"the Resurgent" refers to the stacks of "Dreadful Resurgence" we put on the boss.

I still think it's something to do with either NiM TFB or the 6th Operation (which probably won't be out until late 2013:().

Maybe using it in NiM TFB causes the Dread Masters to spawn as a boss? That would be pretty rad.

EDIT: Corrected the operation name. Hurr.

Well that's assuming it's a NiM TFB mission.

From what's happened so far:

1. Patch 1.4: The Terror From Beyond

-16 Man HM has a special effect in a cave

2. Patch 1.5: Section X & HK-51

- New World Boss, Dreadtooth

i) Dreadtooth drops Dread Guard mask which protects you from "Dread Touch"

ii) 10 Stack Dreadtooth drops Amulet which summons 16 HM TFB cave enemy Dreadful Entity

ii) Dreadful Entity drops Dreadful Orb

So I'm thinking that there's nothing in Patch 1.4-6 that relates to the orb and that the Orb is 1.7 content.

This is the effect details for the orb from torhead.

Effect Subeffect Type Text

0 1 condition IsInCombat: Negated=>1, Actor=>Target

0 1 condition HasEffect: FromActor=>None, Negated=>1, Actor=>Caster, Count=>1

1 1 action CallEffect: FromActor=>Caster, EffectNumber=>2

1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_toss

2 0 init SetDuration: MaxDuration=>15000, Duration=>15000, Toughness=>3

2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1

2 0 init SetHidden: IsHidden=>1

2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect

2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_persist

Try it on PD and DT. With DT try it on 10 stacks. Since it drops on a 10x stack kill (essentially) try no more then less then that.

Combining the two rarest items in the game didn't seem to work. We were hoping for some Czerka/Gree hybrid easter egg =[

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/404877_135283126639837_1860527689_n.jpg

Oh, man combining those two would have been insane if it worked. But I don't think BW would have gone that route - the crate is a 1/1.3 Billion drop so it would have made it nigh impossible for most people to ever finish this "mission" series.

I'd say maybe use it inside the mind trap on Belsavis but that's Imperial only so it can't be that...