UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

omaan

actually i didn't even read that this was for 4s only, was talking about solos lol. Also, imagine needing 500 wins to get a top 3 in solos, I got mine in around 70 last season

Erh what?solos? 4s? Both tr and sr are 4s just for tr you need to make a group. Oh and what about main thread title which has ending FOR TEAM RANKED

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erh what?solos? 4s? Both tr and sr are 4s just for tr you need to make a group. Oh and what about main thread title which has ending FOR TEAM RANKED

This is what you get, people buy wintraded accounts and dont even know what game mode it is for :D I have seen quiete a few accounts on DM with around 5000 achievements points, so I guess those are such accounts.

i think you know the main guy on DM who sells cheated accounts so it's not surprising

As far as I know he Swiss, they speak several languages so thats probably missleading. I honestly doubt that accounts are in demand now for this game, cannot imagine anyone being so stupid to buy, but yeah you never know. Even credits got very expensive to buy now due to the credit sinks introduced in the game now.

As far as I know he Swiss, they speak several languages so thats probably missleading. I honestly doubt that accounts are in demand now for this game, cannot imagine anyone being so stupid to buy, but yeah you never know. Even credits got very expensive to buy now due to the credit sinks introduced in the game now.

Yeah he is swiss but for some reason he always writes or speaks in french language and often writes phrases like "France best" etc. Most of his wintrade helpers are french

Maybe it's different for you eurocucks, but here in America, "4s" means team ranked only. Hence, "q 4s". OP was about team ranked, but worth bringing attention to idea that the win requirement should be removed for solo ranked even if it stays for teams. Edited by KittyKat_Karrot

but worth bringing attention to idea that the win requirement should be removed for solo ranked even if it stays for teams.

could not disagree with this more.

At the end of the day the 200/100 win requirements for 4s might need to be reconsidered and readjusted if they are completely and physically impossible to obtain. But they should only slightly lower the win count. Make it hard and utmost challenging, but don't make it impossible. And who knows, with a lower win count for 4s maybe more players will start queing it.

Why would lowering the win requirement incentivize people to q 4s when there was never one before and most pvpers still didn't q 4s.

Anyway, there's not nearly as much worry about people getting rating they don't deserve in solos compared to 4s, so the only reason to keep a # of wins requirement for solos would be to force people to play that many games for the purpose of populating the queue.

Edited by KittyKat_Karrot

Anyway, there's not nearly as much worry about people getting rating they don't deserve in solos compared to 4s, so the only reason to keep a # of wins requirement for solos would be to force people to play that many games for the purpose of populating the queue.

That concern is absolutely still there. The win requirement prevents people from getting lucky by getting to a top 3 spot with only 50 wins and then sitting on it the rest of the season. Now, you have to actually get all the way to 200 wins, and if you really deserve the top 3 spot, you should be able to retain your position.

And just for a clear example, if you have 1600 rating with 50 wins, and another player has 1550 rating with 200 wins, the player with 200 wins clearly deserves the top 3 spot. If the player with 50 wins wants top 3, keep playing and see what your rating ends up at once you get to 200. The win requirement ensures that you have to actually play a decent sized chunk of the season to earn the rewards. We're going to see some of the most meaningful top 3s in this game's history this season, and that's a great thing. I still think they should add a rating decay system as well (so people can't just sit at top 3 spots with 200 wins), but this was a good start.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

That concern is absolutely still there. The win requirement prevents people from getting lucky by getting to a top 3 spot with only 50 wins and then sitting on it the rest of the season. Now, you have to actually get all the way to 200 wins, and if you really deserve the top 3 spot, you should be able to retain your position.

And just for a clear example, if you have 1600 rating with 50 wins, and another player has 1550 rating with 200 wins, the player with 200 wins clearly deserves the top 3 spot. If the player with 50 wins wants top 3, keep playing and see what your rating ends up at once you get to 200. The win requirement ensures that you have to actually play a decent sized chunk of the season to earn the rewards. We're going to see some of the most meaningful top 3s in this game's history this season, and that's a great thing. I still think they should add a rating decay system as well (so people can't just sit at top 3 spots with 200 wins), but this was a good start.

well not really, there are really some good players who can get 1800 with like 30-80 wins because they are super top-skilled players who are playing perfect on their classes. iam not supporting the rating decay or even high number of wins require to get top spots considering the poor state of solo ranked we have (for 3 months vents killed everyone who were decided unworthy to live on mandalorian battle arena, instant death buggs from unlucky force leap/phase walk, bugged instant death spot near fountain on corellia square, tonnes of throwers/wintraders who ruin normal player's games (especially on darth malgus server), ms jumps because of poor EU server location (you can find like 7 threads about package losses on DM), poor class balance, lack of tanks in season 12, etc, etc). All these problems showing that rating decay OR big win requirements for gold or top 96 isn't a good idea for solo ranked considering its dirty/bugged condition.

BUT HERE WE TALK ABOUT TEAM RANKED, where you choose your own team, so there is no throwers, wintraders ruining your games. You choose a team with good setup so class balance isn't an issue here too, and you even can choose those people who are not having ms problems. Team ranked is absolutely different, it doesn't have so many problems as solo ranked. Yet in its state removing or easing win requirements for team ranked where literally EVERYONE ASKING someone to queue to get pops (and obviously, not to play good) and winning like 10-40 games with almost no loses would be same as declaring that team ranked is only for wintraders/bot users while solo ranked is for legit players who must tryhard and face all those problems i mentioned above.

No way so little affort can be rewarded especially considering that these 10-30 wins are made against friends who probably lost matches on purpose

Edited by omaan

Why would lowering the win requirement incentivize people to q 4s when there was never one before and most pvpers still didn't q 4s.

Because if solo ranked has a higher win requirement than team ranked, players might look to team ranked as a quicker (not easier) method to obtain a certain rank.

kakkarot, *** are u typing. Ever heard of wintrading? You know the **** that every SS player did in s11?

We're going to see some of the most meaningful top 3s in this game's history this season, and that's a great thing.

ahahahahahahahahhahaha. ofc u'd think this caecus. ofc.

How do you figure that? The 1600 player is almost certainly more skilled, and thus deserves it more.

Plenty of players go on lucky streaks and fall in rating. It happens all the time. I know of several players that got to 1500 in the first days of the season and are in the 1200s now. If the 1600 player is that skilled, they should have no problem maintaining that rating up to 200 wins, and if they do, they deserve the top 3. If they can't be bothered to play that much, then they don't deserve the top 3. It's about time top 3s go to people that actually play the game, rather than people that are either lucky, wintrade, or work the queue very selectively. You can still work the queue very selectively, but you'll have to do so over the course of a season to get to 200 wins. All in all, it's a major positive for the state of solo ranked.

ahahahahahahahahhahaha. ofc u'd think this

I think it because it's true. Even if you discount all the wintrading of the past, there were tons of other problems with solo ranked, like the fact that there were so many different servers all competing for the same rewards, the fact that you could easily queue sync and queue dodge with same faction teams only, the fact that the matchmaking frequently stacked the highest rated players onto the same team, and of course the fact that you could get top 3 with a very small amount of wins. The way solo ranked works now is objectively fairer than it's ever been.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Plenty of players go on lucky streaks and fall in rating. It happens all the time. I know of several players that got to 1500 in the first days of the season and are in the 1200s now. If the 1600 player is that skilled, they should have no problem maintaining that rating up to 200 wins, and if they do, they deserve the top 3. It's about time top 3s go to people that actually play the game, rather than people that are either lucky, wintrade, or work the queue very selectively. You can still work the queue very selectively, but you'll have to do so over the course of a season to get to 200 wins. All in all, it's a major positive for the state of solo ranked.

Maybe if you only play a couple toons. Severely punishing to altoholics with lives (inb4 then don't be an altoholic) . It shouldn't suddenly be impossible to get golds on double digit toons unless you Q every day. Also, if someone has over 200 wins and still hasn't managed to climb higher than some dude who got lucky after only a couple dozen games, they clearly aren't that good. Not that many games are required for the system to put you at a rating that gives a ballpark reflection of your skill level.

Maybe if you only play a couple toons. Severely punishing to altoholics with lives (inb4 then don't be an altoholic) .

I mean, you can play however you want, but I don't see why the game should cater to altoholics in that way. There's really no reason to play that many alts in ranked, especially if they're the same class.

It shouldn't suddenly be impossible to get golds on double digit toons unless you Q every day.

Why not? Just because it was possible before doesn't mean it should be possible now. They want people to have to earn golds/top 3s with a bit of consistency. Getting to 100 wins doesn't take much time at all.

Also, if someone has over 200 wins and still hasn't managed to climb higher than some dude who got lucky after only a couple dozen games, they clearly aren't that good. Not that many games are required for the system to put you at a rating that gives a ballpark reflection of your skill level.

The more games you play, especially at a higher rating, the harder it is to retain that rating, because you have to face tougher competition and have worse teammates, on average. As for the system giving you a ballpark reflection of skill, that only happens after you play enough games, hence the luck factor with fewer games. Making people play more games can only increase the accuracy of the elo system.

I think it because it's true. Even if you discount all the wintrading of the past, there were tons of other problems with solo ranked, like the fact that there were so many different servers all competing for the same rewards, the fact that you could easily queue sync and queue dodge with same faction teams only, the fact that the matchmaking frequently stacked the highest rated players onto the same team, and of course the fact that you could get top 3 with a very small amount of wins. The way solo ranked works now is objectively fairer than it's ever been.

I'd love it so much to agree, because objectively you're obviously right, but I think you've fallen for every new season's trap. They made some (positive) changes and everyone is like: This is gonna be the most meaningful season ever!

History teaches that it never happened and probably never will, and S12 is no exception. As partially mentioned, we had the vent bug for way too many weeks, instant deaths on sniper phase walk, and a meta creating super polarizing matchups, especially with tanks and/or healers involved (juggs and PTs trollolol). The ELO field is very close together, not even 150 characters have 1400+, only about 60 characters worldwide have 1500+ and I can tell you multiple individuals owning multiple of these characters, so it's more like 30 players in total above that threshold.

In the beginning of the season I thought it's a consequence of the nerfed placements but with 3 months into the season there is no doubt that it's a severe population issue. Ranked might pop constantly on DM and SF but how many simultaneous matches do you actually have, how many healers or tanks queue simultaneously when there even are some.

It sucks to say, but the 6.0 hype is long gone, once again many missed opportunities to hype up the game and create incentives to queue solo or team ranked. What we end up are the same players as always, probably +5 new players, but -10 veterans on each server and that's it. All of us will still play. But the dream of that one meaningful season? will remain a dream forever. But atleast nobody can take that from us.

History teaches that it never happened and probably never will, and S12 is no exception. As partially mentioned, we had the vent bug for way too many weeks, instant deaths on sniper phase walk, and a meta creating super polarizing matchups, especially with tanks and/or healers involved (juggs and PTs trollolol).

Fair point, but I think every season has had balance issues. Season 10 and 11 had 10000 mercs and maras in queue at all times for example.

The ELO field is very close together, not even 150 characters have 1400+, only about 60 characters worldwide have 1500+ and I can tell you multiple individuals owning multiple of these characters, so it's more like 30 players in total above that threshold.

That's an example of this season being fairer. Placements didn't place people as high, and generally the first games you play don't have as big an impact. And, people can't get lucky in their first 20 games and just sit on high ratings, they have to keep playing and their ratings inevitably drop. Again, I know of people that got 1500 in the first few days and now are in the 1200s. In past seasons, they would have just stayed at 1500 and queued on alts.

In the beginning of the season I thought it's a consequence of the nerfed placements but with 3 months into the season there is no doubt that it's a severe population issue. Ranked might pop constantly on DM and SF but how many simultaneous matches do you actually have, how many healers or tanks queue simultaneously when there even are some.

There are population issues, but sometimes there are multiple games going at once, like right now.

It sucks to say, but the 6.0 hype is long gone, once again many missed opportunities to hype up the game and create incentives to queue solo or team ranked. What we end up are the same players as always, probably +5 new players, but -10 veterans on each server and that's it. All of us will still play. But the dream of that one meaningful season? will remain a dream forever. But atleast nobody can take that from us.

I didn't mean to overstate it. I agree with you that there are still serious problems with taking any kind of ranked in this game super seriously. But that being said, I still think this season is fairer than any season yet, and that's a good thing. That's really the only thing Bioware can directly control.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'd love it so much to agree, because objectively you're obviously right, but I think you've fallen for every new season's trap. They made some (positive) changes and everyone is like: This is gonna be the most meaningful season ever!

History teaches that it never happened and probably never will, and S12 is no exception. As partially mentioned, we had the vent bug for way too many weeks, instant deaths on sniper phase walk, and a meta creating super polarizing matchups, especially with tanks and/or healers involved (juggs and PTs trollolol). The ELO field is very close together, not even 150 characters have 1400+, only about 60 characters worldwide have 1500+ and I can tell you multiple individuals owning multiple of these characters, so it's more like 30 players in total above that threshold.

Yeah thats what i meant. Consider all solo ranked problems and the fact that playing it brings pain not satisfaction win requirement must not be high for it and abosolutely no rating decay. Number of wintraders, throwers, buggs, ms issues, class balance problems making solo ranked mostly unplayable so forcing any pvp player to play more and more to get proper rewards is same as torturing players. Each season it gets worse but it doesn't mean that players will stop hunting for rewards and providing "deserved" or "not deserved" criteria is not a good idea considering solo ranked horrible state. Everything that isn't cheated is deserved

YET team ranked is absolutely different. Zero competition only wintrade with friends who queue when they called/asked for.

Yeah thats what i meant. Consider all solo ranked problems and the fact that playing it brings pain not satisfaction win requirement must not be high for it and abosolutely no rating decay. Number of wintraders, throwers, buggs, ms issues, class balance problems making solo ranked mostly unplayable so forcing any pvp player to play more and more to get proper rewards is same as torturing players. Each season it gets worse but it doesn't mean that players will stop hunting for rewards and providing "deserved" or "not deserved" criteria is not a good idea considering solo ranked horrible state. Everything that isn't cheated is deserved

This kind of complaint has always confused me. If you don't enjoy playing solo ranked, you probably shouldn't be playing it at all.

This kind of complaint has always confused me. If you don't enjoy playing solo ranked, you probably shouldn't be playing it at all.

People play solo ranked not for enjoyment. Such horribly organised ranked pvp can't bring enjoyment. I don't know even a single highrated player who enjoys solo ranked in this game. People play it FOR REWARDS (At least those who hunt for elo). Those who aren't going for gold/top 96 rewards doing it either for conquest or furious armor token farm.

Pve is old and most of players already got all rewards from it and there is nothing more in this game..

People play solo ranked not for enjoyment. Such horribly organised ranked pvp can't bring enjoyment. I don't know even a single highrated player who enjoys solo ranked in this game. People play it FOR REWARDS (At least those who hunt for elo). Those who aren't going for gold/top 96 rewards doing it either for conquest or furious armor token farm.

This is blatantly untrue. I play solo ranked for fun (I'm the 12th highest rated sorc atm). I know a bunch of other people that play it for fun. The fact that you're playing solely for rewards explains why you do so much throwing and nonsense. You should probably find another game to play that you actually enjoy.

This is blatantly untrue. I play solo ranked for fun (I'm the 12th highest rated sorc atm). I know a bunch of other people that play it for fun. The fact that you're playing solely for rewards explains why you do so much throwing and nonsense. You should probably find another game to play that you actually enjoy.

You and your friends are in minority. Most of ranked players always whine and cry about how bad solo ranked is yet they cotinue to play it for rewards and due to lack of modern content in swtor. Literally this is the reason why ranked players are so toxic to bad players or each other.

You and your friends are in minority.

It's an empirical question neither of us know the answer to, but if that's true, that's incredibly sad. Why do people play a game that they don't enjoy playing?

Most of ranked players always whine and cry about how bad solo ranked is yet they cotinue to play it for rewards and due to lack of modern content in swtor. Literally this is the reason why ranked players are so toxic to bad players or each other.

That's not the only reason people are toxic and kick, etc. Some of the most toxic people are those that loudly proclaim "rating means nothing." They're mostly just angry, hateful people.

Pve is old and most of players already got all rewards from it and there is nothing more in this game..

ROFL this 100%. ^

The person who enjoys ranked PVP is so far and few between I literally only know one person that does it who says they love it that's Jedi Al.

Not one PVPer in the game I have ever known ever once even said "I love ranked PVP!" rofl people do it out of necessity to get the shinies, plain and simple.

Edited by Lhancelot