Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

Um, where was it that ArielaKnight corrected someone's grammar? I just looked back a few pages and I don't see her correcting anyone. -snipped-

Sorry, I learned my "grammar police/grammar nazi" lessons long ago on these boards but I just had to say something about your statement here. I apologize if it offended you or anyone else.

:cool:

Do you always get so defensive when you are the one that made the mistake? You said packs which means more than one. You did not say pack which means one you said packs thereby sounding like it was more than one. So the person in the wrong is you by using the wrong wording. When it is one you use the singular form of the word and no one would think you meant more than one. When you use a plural form of a word it therefore leads anyone reading it to think you mean more than one.

So by what you state she was correct in thinking you meant more than one since you said packs (the plural form of pack).

Here is the Post. It stemmed along with:

You said Packs not pack which means more than one. It would have been one thing to say pack but you said packs. There is a difference.

I got over it shortly after it happened. But I was grammatically corrected because I used the plural version of the word implying I would purchase more than one (even stated I would purchase 3 cartel packs) and the Grammar Police showed up to correct me and let me know that only one pack was priced at 160cc. So, I got up in arms as I was tired of being corrected over semantics by pedantics.

Edited by Superman_AZ

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see we're almost on the same page. But for me, I'm not happy with the way the game is going to but I'm still here, giving every hope there is for this game.

Now that the item they want to give out for 10CC is simply just a TITLE, do you still feel the same and "appreciated"?

but then for 10CC, It would be dumb for Bioware to release an armor set for that amount. Come on people... this should not be new. Bioware will keep leading you on into things but will end up just disasppointed.

When the Dye system dissapointed me, I learned to never get my hopes up for anything in-game again until I could preview it first.

As for the Title "Revan's Heir". This is actually quite funny and I will be buying it for my guardian named Révãn. For 10 CC, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular and actually appreciated the 500 cc that I used to unlock some stuff in my collection.

I got over it shortly after it happened. But I was grammatically corrected because I used the plural version of the word implying I would purchase more than one (even stated I would purchase 3 cartel packs) and the Grammar Police showed up to correct me and let me know that only one pack was priced at 160cc. So, I got up in arms as I was tired of being corrected over semantics by pedantics.

Ouch. Yeah, that must have been hard on you. My condolences.

Thanks! This was an opportunity to have a little fun on the forums. Without further delay, here you go.

-eric

Thanks! That's great, Eric. I still have a few questions now though.

Will this Title be per character, or Legacy wide? Will it be unlockable for the Legacy via Collections? If so what is the cost of that unlock?

It seems such distinctions would be important for those of us with a stable of characters spread across several servers. And if it is not Legacy wide and cannot be unlocked via Collections that would mean that it really doesn't cost only 10 CC if you have a stable of 48 characters spread across three servers. That means it's 480 CC and you have to log on to each and every character to purchase it on that one day.

Edited by Blackavaar

If it is launched on the CM arnt the f2p players also able to buy it for 10 cartel coins? if so what kind of sub apprication is this?

The 500 free coins was the sub appreciation thing.

Let's just be honest here they disagreed with you on the way you used the word and you did what I have seen on some of your other posts you got angry because they disagree with you on the way you used a word and you decided to be a jerk about it. And furthermore one of them stop responding and has moved on.

Edited by casi

...was really hoping it would be the HK-47 skin for HK-51.

Then again, that would probably be too much awesome for 10CC to cover, wouldn't you say?

There's a HK customization coming with 2.3 isn't there?

Will this Title be per character, or Legacy wide? Will it be unlockable for the Legacy via Collections? If so what is the cost of that unlock?

It seems such distinctions would be important for those of us with a stable of characters spread across several servers. And if it is not Legacy wide and cannot be unlocked via Collections that would mean that it really doesn't cost only 10 CC if you have a stable of 48 characters spread across three servers. That means it's 480 CC and you have to log on to each and every character to purchase it on that one day.

That is a good question and I imagine a lot of people would like to know that before they even purchase the title.

Let's just be honest here they disagreed with you on the way you used the word and you did what I have seen on some of your other posts you got angry because they disagree with you on the way you used a word and you decided to be a jerk about it. And furthermore one of them stop responding and has moved on.

Here I am...

about what you and the rest of the grammar trolls have to say about me.

•A brand new title “Revan’s Heir” coming to the Cartel Market for only 24 hours at the low price of 10 Cartel Coins! (July 15 2AM CT to July 16 2AM CT)

this is retarted o look its only 10 CC, WELL THATS 10CC MORE THEN ITS WORTH, its confirmed EA has their heads on backwards.

Edited by WillHolmes

• Dev Post

Good questions! The title will cost 10 CC and the title will unlock per character. There is also a collections unlock associated with it which will cost 5 CC. Also for those who 10 CC is "too rich for my blood" the item, like all CM items, will be tradeable so you will likely see some popping up on your local GTN.

-eric

Good questions! The title will cost 10 CC and the title will unlock per character. There is also a collections unlock associated with it which will cost 5 CC. Also for those who 10 CC is "too rich for my blood" the item, like all CM items, will be tradeable so you will likely see some popping up on your local GTN.

-eric

Thank you.

-eric

Totally worth 15cc to me to add to collections :D

-eric

Beautiful! So, 15 CC to unlock the title per Legacy/Server.

Thanks again, Eric!

Edited by Blackavaar

-eric

If this title is going to be widely available to everyone how is it considered "subscriber appreciation" then? :confused:

Whatever. Thanks for the extra stipend - that's at least something useful.