Corruption/Lightning - War Hero - Gearing. What to do?

Gabrandt

So in a rather ironic (but never the less annoying) twist of things, going from Rakata to Black Hole, item by item, will actually make you less effective a healer. Instead, the best thing to do is to purchase a full set of Mystic items - for the armouring - and then buy 1 x STALKER boots for every piece of equipment, that you may extract the mods and enhancement and make your bad items good.

I've finally gotten of my butt and grinded some Valour, and I'm about to invest in my first war-hero pieces. I'm curious if the itemisation here is going to be as horrible as the Black Hole gear.

I know I'll need the War Hero Force Mystics armorings, for the set bonuses, but what of the mods and the enchancements? Are the ones included good enough, or is there a specific item or items that I should purchase to extract the mods from?

I am certain there was a thread about this, but googling and searching has yielded me nothing.

It's the same deal, you have to grind the pieces with the mods/enhancements you need, which often means grinding out a WH piece for one mod/enhance. Not much you can do, such is life. Although to be honest, with 1.6 round the corner, save your coms, and get the EWH stuff, no point buying WH or BM now.

In 1.6, Battlemaster stuff will be gone and Elite War Hero added.

War Hero will then cost the same as Battlemaster did, thus only needing WZ Coms, and then yes you'll buy EWH with ranked coms and trading in the WH piece.

So at this point, I see no reason to waste coms on Battlesmaster or Ware Hero pieces, when you'll get the next grade up for the same price soon.

Gabrandt they have answered you already. You simply look at the pieces and decide which mods are best for you. Your question has been answered.

I'm sorry... What?

I'm assuming that there is an ideal setup, whereupon you've gained a full set of gear - for the armourings - and in that final set, there is a certain amount of specific items one needs to buy. For an example, when I did my PvE gearing, I made a list of items I needed to buy.

Hypothetical list:

Armoring:

1 x Head

1 x Leg

1 x Feet

1 x Hands

1 x Chest

1 x Weapon

1 x Focus

Mods:

3 x Boots

2 x Legs

4 x Heads (need to take into account wrists and waist).

I'd like to setup a definitive goal as to what to acquire, that I do not waste comms. As such, "looking at what you currently have and gearing thereafter" is a short-sighted goal, in my opinion.

If nobody knows, that's fine. I'd love to see if there's a discussion about this going on somewhere, but google fails me.

The Glove/Boot/wrist/belt mod seems vastly superior to the others. Interesting.

I suppose there's a crit/surge ratio to bear in mind as well, but still.

I am going to try to get my percentages somewhere close to the PVE BiS, I assume that would be the best for PVP.