The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

My comments, and those of several other people, were based upon Veteran Mode FPs, which appeared to be the general gist of the discussion in that part of the thread.

Of course, this thread is not only about Vet mode, but GF in general. If I, or anyone else misinterpreted, your comments to be about Vet mode, that is unfortunate. I'm not going to go back through it to nit-pick. 😊

I fully agree that anyone grouping for MM content should be familiar with the FP/Uprising/OP, be at least reasonably equipped, and have some level of "L2P".

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has gone awfully quiet......

I was trying to get to 300 cxp on last few toons i have left and was running fps back to back few days ago.. Got a false emperor pop and it was 3 dps me tank and it was going smoothly. mid way through before HK cut scene we were all not at 100% hp so i figured let me use music therapy item so we all get back to full health.. There was one person i think jugg? who right away ran out of the area.. I was like what, but i didn't say anything.. waited for them to heal up and we start..

After that we cleared the 4 turret and some trash group and right before the convo start i popped music probe again to top everyone up... guess what they backed out right away.

I am like is this really an issue? I asked in chat do you don't want to dance? Other dps lol'ed and they did no reply. I figured fine and didn't pop it again until the end. Last boss before cut scene i popped it again out of habit and yup, they ran out of area. I don't know, felt very weird. i have ran so many gf fps but none like this happened before.

We were all competent and cleared it fine, just found it odd.

There was also another run in cademimu vet and i zone in with my slow PC and 3 dps have zoned in already. but all waiting at start, no biggie. we say hi and move along and at first group. one person says he is new and i am like np we have good gear should be easy. it was vet and we had like 250's in group. then this other 250 dps isn't coming.

I figured we can just start and they will catch up midway, we cleared it almost in no time and they ask in chat "Why are you not losing them?"

Me being the tank in my head "since when do we need los for this trash?" I cleared it with all aggro on me and 2 dps and me cleared without me dying. so i don't see whats the big deal. I don't do los if its not gonna make something quick or easy and i think that group dies fast anyway.

Then right away the same dps asks for los on right next group. i facepalm myself and pull. We sliced the vehicle shortcut and then they asked me to los the first group which was like at this point i was like OK fine i will listen once so we los-ed that and it didn't all die so w/e.

Then they asked me to los the last but one group before boss which is at conversation area. i just went to console and grabbed far range add and rest of them swarmed me and all died in 2 secs. I mean its not even mm mode and we have dps i don't see point in los.

Another run Hammer station 3 from same guild and i zone in late as always and we kill first 2 droids. They say los. i am like ok but not really needed. we clear right group then los again which is fine. then yes, los again on the next group which is hardly needed for los. i was kinda in hurry as i needed to leave for work in 20 mins which is my fault accidental click on accept as its rare to get mm pop on dps lol.. oh well. so i move ahead on my op and get behind the adds and they do los. it was all bunched up and turned around i figured they will engage and i hit 1 mob. nope they want it to run further and turn again to the room like U shape reverse instead of L which what i thought.. i stealthed out at like 5% hp and the healer/tank blame for pulling before tank..

Healer: Don't pull before tank

Me: I didn't pull if you notice.

Healer: But you did hit them first

Me: *Notices/remembers all 3 are same guild* don't want to get kicked so i don't reply anything because nobody died and its not like i get mm fp often on dps these days and we clear everything with always me ahead and some los but eh at that point i figured we would be los-ing everything anyway. 5 mins late to work but it works i guess. at the end i said you can dodge tank sweeping gunfire if you just move past him.. healer: We know.

Me in my head, good then since tank never did move and healer healed overtime but hey if its your thing i should have stayed quiet maybe you are practicing. said thanks and quit.

at the end i said you can dodge tank sweeping gunfire if you just move past him.. healer: We know.

I don't know how many times I've whispered that to a tank that didn't move out of the gunfire, but 99% of the times they say "I know". One odd % says "thanks, didn't know, will do next time". I mean seriously, if people DO know it, why are they taking all the extra damage when they don't need to? And how hard it is to say "I didn't know" when they clerly didn't. Take the advice, don't lie that "you know". Because I'm getting to a point where I'm not gonna bother to help anyone anymore since they all already know everything, but still do it wrong.

Same thing with EC minefield turrets; I keep telling people to leave one up so we don't get more, but they still kill them. Then I explain why we need to leave one up, they say "I know, but they die so fast". Yes they do, however the boss dies much slower, new turrets will spawn, and so on. So yeah, they didn't know, because only stupid people would kill all the turrets if they "know" how they work. Using lame excuses instead of admitting a mistake, or thanking for the advice makes me not want to raid with them again, not even SM.

I don't mind newcomers in groups at all, but I do mind if they don't listen. I'm getting tired of wasting my time telling about the mechanics when people simply don't care, or don't want learn. With 6.0 though, I don't have to worry about that anymore, since I won't be pugging any SM ops without a chance to get a lockout if the group fails.

Edited by DeannaVoyager

With 6.0 though, I don't have to worry about that anymore, since I won't be pugging any SM ops without a chance to get a lockout if the group fails.

wait what? You mean you cant get lockout if your group disbands? wouldn't that let you farm one boss multiple times? or am i understanding wrong lol

I am like is this really an issue? I asked in chat do you don't want to dance?

This isn't odd, I don't like any toys that let other people force my character to do things. Up to and including the 'rally' ability.

If you want to dance go for it, but I think it's rude to use things that affect other characters. I know they are in the game, so don't call anyone out for using them, but I will move out of the area or jump on a speeder to make it stop, and that is MY right to do.

This isn't odd, I don't like any toys that let other people force my character to do things. Up to and including the 'rally' ability.

If you want to dance go for it, but I think it's rude to use things that affect other characters. I know they are in the game, so don't call anyone out for using them, but I will move out of the area or jump on a speeder to make it stop, and that is MY right to do.

but that wasnt really my intention though i understand what you mean. all i wanted was them to get healed up to 100 before HK and Malgus fights. I mean my main reason was that to buy item too as i have had times where people just dont use out of combat heal ability and i have to wait for no reason or heal them myself if i am healer. so its a convenient tool instead of asking them to heal in chat which they never read anyway. not this particular case but in general i mean

There will still be lockouts for HM and NiM, but not SM. So it will be nothing but KP and EV pug groups, over and over again. I'm hoping they will change their mind though, but we'll see.

this will become such grind fest and burn people out.. sad, hope they change that. thanks for info

I don't know how many times I've whispered that to a tank that didn't move out of the gunfire

When I dps tank hammer station, I dont move out of that conal on MM usually. Depends on heals I guess, but it does so little dmg with a 30% aoe DR (even less on tanks) that it is not worth bothering with. Since it is an aoe ability, PTs get to do some extra dmg with close and personal and also vent a bit of heat, pyro shield too etc.

I know a lot of tid bits about tanking positions, so when I'm not tanking and give pointers, I usually just get the response "I know how to tank" or "this is why people don't like to tank" and then continue to make an utter mess of the fight, ugh. So I guess I know how you feel.

Not group finder but a group activity, the Ossus WB's and needed somewhere to vent a little.

I don't think in all this time I've ever been apart of a wipe with Kil'cik before today. The majority of DPS completely ignored the adds, with the adds being ignored they all made a b-line for us healers, one of us went down pretty quickly, I said get the adds in chat but were ignored by the tunnel vision DPS who just ignored all the adds. The only time the DPS noticed was when they started to die because we were one healer down and the adds were multiplying like crazy and now not just ganging up on us 3 healers but the dps to. A few of the dps starting going off in the chat about how bad the healers were because he died. The medic ad never went down before we wiped, just ignored like all the adds. When we wiped because the ad count was insane the DPS ganged up on us healers telling the group leader to kill all 4 of us and get new ones because we were so bad. If I wasn't desperate to just get the bosses done for the week I would have quit.

I often see when doing my Ossus Dailies WB groups struggling for very long periods trying to find someone to fill a heal spot. When someone is constantly blaming/ bad mouthing the heals when they themselves are the ones standing in stupid with the droid boss and not killing the ads on the bug boss then maybe there's your answer as to why no one wants to heal these bosses.

Seriously people with that boss KILL THE ADS first it's pretty important, it's not a hard WB by any means. :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Not group finder but a group activity, the Ossus WB's and needed somewhere to vent a little.

I don't think in all this time I've ever been apart of a wipe with Kil'cik before today. The majority of DPS completely ignored the adds, with the adds being ignored they all made a b-line for us healers, one of us went down pretty quickly, I said get the adds in chat but were ignored by the tunnel vision DPS who just ignored all the adds. The only time the DPS noticed was when they started to die because we were one healer down and the adds were multiplying like crazy and now not just ganging up on us 3 healers but the dps to. A few of the dps starting going off in the chat about how bad the healers were because he died. The medic ad never went down before we wiped, just ignored like all the adds. When we wiped because the ad count was insane the DPS ganged up on us healers telling the group leader to kill all 4 of us and get new ones because we were so bad. If I wasn't desperate to just get the bosses done for the week I would have quit.

I often see when doing my Ossus Dailies WB groups struggling for very long periods trying to find someone to fill a heal spot. When someone is constantly blaming/ bad mouthing the heals when they themselves are the ones standing in stupid with the droid boss and not killing the ads on the bug boss then maybe there's your answer as to why no one wants to heal these bosses.

Seriously people with that boss KILL THE ADS first it's pretty important, it's not a hard WB by any means. :rolleyes:

This is y DPS r replaceable. If u dont like them, kickem/get 'em kicked, get someone else. I feel for u buddy, cant fix that amount of stupid sadly.

Had a fast Hammer run a few days ago.

DPS were running ahead, even when we weren't finished with fighting.

Well, in Hammer (Vet) I'm overlooking a lot of flaws. Because Hammer is so easy.

Had this been another FP, I would have protested.

Heal (a guildy) said to me he didn't like their running, and I agreed, but because it is Hammer Vet I overlook these things normally.

Guildy also said he has begun healing only those who are able to write at least a few words of greeting at the start.

Or, to put it into other words : No talk, no heal.

I did my first ossus wb last week on my op healer and after first wipe to that boss group creator said they have never seen a wipe on that boss. But this wasn't really because adds didn't die. This was case of lots of people lagging and also not getting out of spit/goo on the floor. So us healers couldn't out heal the spit damage they kept taking. Nobody blamed healers luckily but i didn't know if thats like not really wipe boss occasionally or not wipe at all now.

we wiped twice on that boss. I dont even want to count how many times people died on other boss including me. aoe was everywhere. i dont think i learned how to do that boss because the blast was all over and there was like no coordination. dead? run back. thats all there was to it. not sure if thats how its supposed to be done. I haven't tried to do it yet again after that last 300k ish repair bills.

Had a fast Hammer run a few days ago.

DPS were running ahead, even when we weren't finished with fighting.

Well, in Hammer (Vet) I'm overlooking a lot of flaws. Because Hammer is so easy.

Had this been another FP, I would have protested.

Heal (a guildy) said to me he didn't like their running, and I agreed, but because it is Hammer Vet I overlook these things normally.

Guildy also said he has begun healing only those who are able to write at least a few words of greeting at the start.

Or, to put it into other words : No talk, no heal.

ouch, thats bit harsh i think but i can understand. i do type hi and sometimes i dont if no one did and are all overgeared than me. feels like they have grinded more than me so i dont know if they are burned out that they cant type.

But running before clearing i agree. I do it rarely but only if i am tank and have aggro and 100% sure it will die in 1 or 2 seconds to go little further and heal before pull while not wasting anyone's time.

--------------------

Had a vet mannan yesterday on my sniper. Me 70, 1 47 merc healer and 32 mara? dont remember but didn't have stealth/taunt (different guild yet friends it seems) and another 70 assassin.

I was bit late to join as i was on the way to pick weekly while i accepted mission. they waited surprisingly. i was ok with them going ahead to clear and informed in chat. the two lowbies were chanting loakath dead or something always related to loakath. i have no idea what they were about.

first boss, i had aggro on two droids and got chained and killed. couldn't get to kolto and healer didn't heal or couldn't i have no idea why they didn't use kolto. then assassin dies too when they gang on him. I ask if they are healing and know they can use kolto, they say they did. i didn't say more and thought of using it myself.

round 2: we pulled it through and healer did use kolto and no one died. they pulled something by mistake and assassin was annoyed. after 2 wrong pull they said dont pull again when i am trying to stealth or i will leave. they pulled the console click (stealth skip possible one) at below and assassin left right away. both lowbies died and i somehow managed to solo it with help of multiple kolto cans breaking. Queued and we get level 15 mara.

Now its me 70 sniper, 47 merc healer, 32 mara? and 15 mara. no one can kite. i got aggro and i kite but i cant dps and i just put dots on him. adds dont die and we wipe. 2-3 times. they kicked the level 15 mara saying useless. Queued again.

We got level 57 PT. We try again but PT is not used to this fp and they are just coming back to game. We wipe. I show how to kite before /stuck. They try again and we still wiped. Both 47 & 32 left to their planets to continue without saying anything and only 1 left group. we kick the other. we queue again. All this time they kept chatting throughout fp about loakath dead or loakarth this that. it was weird or i am missing some reference no idea.

We got a level 17 some class forgot. and a level 68 jugg. Now its me 70 sniper, 57 pt, 68 jugg, 17 mara? idr. Then i ask jugg if they can tank. they say they have done this as heals but haven't tanked and only leveling one now. we try 2 times and we wipe. 57pt suggests we do it with comp and kick 17 as they cant do anything. i was typing we cant do it with comp and the 17 leaves area without leaving group. i brought my level 10 comp while others have lower level. my 50 comp is unavailable(thanks bioware for not giving comps back yet). so we try 2 times and it didn't work.

Then pt respecs for tank and pull their healer comp and i dismiss mine. we finally didn't have to worry about aggro and me running or anyone dying because couldn't reach kolto before boss hit too many times. We cleared the fp with 3 people after starting it 2 hours ago and 8 people in that fp. I was glad i got it done and instead of looking for snv group. went straight to bed.

Yesterday we had a Vet FP : Athiss.

Seemingly somewhat newish people, too.

Someone always had aggro, but after we had found that out, healing was good. Only a few deaths.

Shortly before the end a newish Commando decided to do an AOE on 3 temple guardians. Big mistake.

We told him so.

With only 1 death, we made it through the final fight, then.

Athiss is the other FP where i look past most mistakes, because it is usually one of the beginner's first FPs (besides Hammer).

. The majority of DPS completely ignored the adds, with the adds being ignored they all made a b-line for us healers, one of us went down pretty quickly, I said get the adds in chat but were ignored by the tunnel vision DPS who just ignored all the adds.

That is a bad situation, but it sounds like the Tanks may have been partially to blame. Most of the times I've done that boss, the tanks would use taunts to hold the adds around the boss while the DPS spammed AOEs. I can see that, if the tanks don't hold agro and the DPS don't notice, the healers will indeed die. :)

Btw, It's definitely time for a CPU upgrade. I have an i5-6600 and I get about 15 fps during the bug boss (a bit better vs the droid). That makes it hard to do anything other than spam AOEs. I'm looking to go to an AMD Ryzen 3x00X soon-ish.

Edited by JediQuaker

This post makes you one of the people this thread is talking about.

FYI, your character is not YOU. It's a bunch of pixels on a screen in a make believe world made up of pixels.

I will have to remember to throw a party bomb at the start of every FP to weed out the riffraff.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

This post makes you one of the people this thread is talking about.

FYI, your character is not YOU. It's a bunch of pixels on a screen in a make believe world made up of pixels.

I will have to remember to throw a party bomb at the start of every FP to weed out the riffraff.

If you bothered to read my post that won't do anything but make me move ahead of the group. Still if you want to be obnoxious go for it.

It doesn't matter that I've done pretty much all the fp in HM in all three roles, since I don't like party bombs that makes me riffraff.

Riffraff that can solo flashpoints. You might want to consider that when you go out to be obnoxious when using group-finder. The competent players have other options than que'ing up with randoms. Too many pops with annoying players and the slightly longer solo runs or a duo with a guildie becomes the better option.

Somewhat unrelated, and WZ not groupfinder. Most amusing use of Music Therapy Probe I’ve seen recently. Alderaan Warzone, my team is well ahead and its close to the end of the match. I’m chilling at one of our nodes with a teammate and an enemy stealther pops up, jumps on top of the node and activates the probe, then stealths out again. If you can’t beat ‘em, make ‘em dance the night awaaaaaay.

10/10, Would dance again.

So a week or so ago, I decided to brush off my lvl 60 merc healer and finish off his class story. I had not played this toon in years. So I log in and see that I've got the mission for Cademimu. So I queue up for it, thinking I'll run some solo missions to warm up while I wait. Whaddaya know, instant pop! Okay, I guess we're just starting with a flashpoint.

I zone in and immediately type a disclaimer in chat that I haven't played my toon in years and will therefore be rusty. The group consists of three DPS. At least two were low level, the third might've been a 70, can't remember. We pull the first group of mobs and I choke. I thought I was rusty; it feels more like I've never played a merc before in my life. I'm looking at the healing abilities on my quickbar, but all I can think of is my operative, so I automatically think certain skills are more or less vital based on how they correspond keybind-wise (which, spoiler alert, was wrong). The DPS seemed squishy, maybe because they were lowbies, but I was not prepared. We wiped at least once on trash. Fortunately, the third member whose level I can't remember seemed to know the flashpoint pretty well. He knew how to sneak around skippable mobs and just seemed to know where he was going (unlike me, who in addition to having no clue how to heal, could barely remember this flashpoint at all).

We get into an area of dense mobs and skip the ones we can. Then I fumble a keybind (because I still don't remember what half of my abilities are) and accidentally hit Rocket Out... which sends me straight into the middle of a group of mobs we skipped. I can't believe myself. At this point the experienced guy has had enough and quits without a word. We queue for a replacement, and get another lowbie who quits before we're even all in the same place. So we requeue and get a sorc DPS, I think mid-level. I mention that we're not doing very well, and he is very nice and tries to help us out. He doesn't rush ahead, makes sure we all made it past the trash and that nobody accidentally aggros anything, little things like that. I mention that I'm not very good, and he offers to respec, even though it's not really his thing. I say nah, let's try it and see how it goes. We get to the first boss, and he says to hit the officer and ignore the droid. Kewl, let's go.

I... I can't even. I'm so unfamiliar with my class that instead of hitting the wrong buttons, I'm pressing nothing at all. I literally just stand there, wasting precious seconds frozen in indecision over and over again. And my brain is so addled that I can't properly execute the mechanics. Even if I can't heal at all, I should be able to hit kolto stations or run away from the droid when it targets me. But nope, I'm useless. We wipe twice, and I tell him that maybe he should respec after all. So we wait for him to respec. He stands still for a few minutes and then starts bubbling everybody. I figure he must be ready now. Who should pull? He's the healer, and the other DPS are squishy. I can at least take a little beating, so I guess I should pull. The thought crosses my mind that maybe I should type "ready?" in chat, but in yet another derpy moment, I figure it's not necessary and just pull the boss.

He was not, in fact, ready. And neither was anyone else. They tried, they really did, but we wiped pretty fast. Then the very nice sorc decided we were a lost cause. With a "sorry, lol" he quit group and left us all alone again. At which point I figured I'd do the other guys a favor and bow out gracefully. So I told them it didn't look like it was going to happen, and we went our separate ways. I felt so bad. I have never played more horribly in my life.

Moral of the story: Play your toon for more than five seconds before you make other people play with you. :o

Moral of the story: Play your toon for more than five seconds before you make other people play with you. :o

Pretty much this ^... most of the time we met weird peeps who are in fact either bad or out of touch with their toon. only if they realise it and re-learn their class, lot of awkward situation can be avoided.