Where to start?

JonJW

I've always been a fan of Star Wars, OT mostly. My father took me to see Return of the Jedi in Theatres. Ever since i've started playing TOR i've found myself becoming more and more curious about the EU. Was wondering if anyone could suggest where to start as far as books etc. I've never played Kotor 1 and 2, and other than this the only star was games ive played were the ones on SNES and Shadows of the Empire. I definitely will be checking out both KoToR. So where should I start as far as books?

Start with the Bane books. That should give you a good back story of the Sith and the Sith rule of two.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely more interested in the darker side of things.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely more interested in the darker side of things.

You probably can't get much darker than Bane for sure. the series will give an in-depth look at the Sith as a whole. If you like to read about the Dark Side then you will really like Bane. A small warning: reading the Bane novels have a high chance of making you a Bane fanboy.:D

At this point i'm interested in readying any of it. Probably would like to start as far back as possible.

Like Aurbere said, the Bane series is great.

After RoTJ, start with the Thrawn trilogy, then move on to the Jedi Academy Trilogy (you might want to read a synopsis of the Dark Empire comic series) including I, Jedi, segwaying into the Jedi Knight series of games, and from there move on to New Jedi Order, then on to Legacy of The Force and Fate of the Jedi.

Also from the GCW era, read Death Troopers. It's a one-off, but it's awesome. (Or just listen to the this audio book. It really adds atmosphere.)

The go-to book from the PT era should be Darth Plagueis. It almost makes sense of Episode I, and it ties in Palpatines plans from other books of the era.

As for anything visual, just watch Clone Wars and The Clone Wars. (mid season two on TCW.)

Edited by Velaran